African Drumbeat entertains at NMMU Autumn Graduation Ceremonies
As part of Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University’s Vision 2020 to ‘be a microcosm of our nation in which diversity will be our strength’, African Drumbeat was asked to perform at all of their Autumn Graduation Ceremonies this past April.
Vibrant Drumming opened each ceremony, along with powerful drum rolls at each key moment, and then for closing, African Drumbeat had a vibrant uplifting Marimba, drumming and percussion.
For each award ceremony they adorned the performers in a mixture of different tribal costumes including:
- Masaai (Kenya)
- Ivory coast
You can see more photos here:
The Pearson High School 1st cricket XI played fellow...
In an ever evolving education landscape...
Police in Mthatha arrested a 44-year-old man at Ngolo Locality...
The Boardwalk will be a showcase of Chinese culture...
Bridge Street Brewery will saying “goodbye for now” to Charlie...
Eight suspects, aged between 25 and 56 years, are in police...
Police in Port Elizabeth are on the heels of hijackers, who escaped after they crashed a hijacked vehicle following an early Monday morning high-speed police chase in New Brighton...
On a wicket that provided much seaming swing, the...
A man is in police custody after he was arrested over the...
The South African Police Service in Grahamstown will be...
- Severe thunderstorms expected over eastern half of Eastern Cape
- EP Cricket pays tribute to Colin Rushmere
- Bethelsdorp man in custody for allegedly shooting dead rival gang member
- First cop on scene after elderly American couple is hijacked recognised
- Nothing wrong with employing #FeesMustFall activists if they never broke the law: NMMU