African Drumbeat entertains at NMMU Autumn Graduation Ceremonies
As part of Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University’s Vision 2020 to ‘be a microcosm of our nation in which diversity will be our strength’, African Drumbeat was asked to perform at all of their Autumn Graduation Ceremonies this past April.
Vibrant Drumming opened each ceremony, along with powerful drum rolls at each key moment, and then for closing, African Drumbeat had a vibrant uplifting Marimba, drumming and percussion.
For each award ceremony they adorned the performers in a mixture of different tribal costumes including:
- Masaai (Kenya)
- Ivory coast
You can see more photos here:
SA EXPRESS recently announced that it would not withdraw...
Five suspects, aged between 23 and 34 years, are expected...
Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality Councillors had the opportunity to familiarize themselves with draft legislation to deal with the headache of problem buildings and spatial planning during a two-day workshop this week...
The Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (NMMU) on...
The Airports Company South Africa (ACSA) has reminded...
Coming to the end of the year I am under a lot of pressure...
The official trailer for the third Wolverine movie...
The records from a phone allegedly used by Port Elizabeth...
Three men are expected in court soon after they were...
- NMMU #FeesMustFall calls for a 'ceasefire' - but only for Friday!
- NMMU lambasted for giving parents and students 'false' assurances of safety
- Money owed to Eastern Cape municipalities climbs to R8.2 billion: DA
- What must fall: fees or the South African state?
- Despite disruptions, NMMU says it remains committed to completing academic year