Bafana still not scoring goals - Mashaba
Bafana Bafana head coach, Shakes Mashaba, has said that he is still worried about the fact that his team still cannot finish in front of the goalpost.
The South African’s will be going up against Gambia in their first 2017 African Cup of Nations (AFCON) qualifying match at the Moses Mabhida Stadium on Saturday.
Mashaba added that the team is currently working hard in their training to improve on their goal scoring, and he hopes that this will help them to start scoring goals regularly within competitive matches.
“The only problem we have in South Africa is goals,” Mashaba said.
“That’s why I always say that all teams play good football because they always produce a fantastic performance but still fails when it comes to finishing.”
“I want to hear anyone who can say that we are not creating enough chances or we are not keeping possession as much as we can,” he added.
Bafana left-back, Mark van Heerden, has said that in order to win, the strikers need to make a little more effort when it comes to scoring goals.
“We all know that scoring goals is a big problem,” Van Heerden said.
“But I believe that we have good and quality strikers who have just joined our squad and I believe they will score goals for us.”
“I think if we concentrate a little more in front of goal we’ll do better on Saturday,” he added.
IMAGE supplied by en.africatopsports.com
- 20-year-old Port Elizabeth man busted with illegal firearm
- Port Elizabeth man out on bail for business robbery busted for housebreaking
- VIDEO: Contracts involving over R40 million now part of forensic investigations at City Hall
- Senior Nelson Mandela Bay traffic official arrested for corruption and bribery
- Flight delays as SAA cabin crews embark on strike over meal allowances