Be advised Home Affairs upgrading system
The public has been reminded that the Department of Home Affairs is installing new upgrades to systems at certain Home Affairs branches and these branches will not be able to process ID and passport applications until 2 December.
The upgrades will take place from 2pm on Friday and are aimed at enhancing service delivery.
The department is embarking on an extensive system upgrade of the live capture facilities as part of its continuously improving processes for purposes of Smart ID Cards and passports applications.
The department’s Director General Mkhuseli Apleni said the upgrades will take place at all 140 Home Affairs Offices which have the live capture system.
“During the upgrade, the affected offices will not be able to receive applications using the live capture system,” he said.
However, people can still go to the offices for other services like birth, death and marriage certificates.
Below is a list of the affected Home Affairs offices:
In the Eastern Cape:
- Butterworth District Office
- Engcobo District Office
- King Williams Town District Office
- Lusikisiki District Office
- Motherwell District Office
- Mount Frere District Office
- Mthata Regional Office
- Port Elizabeth District Office
- Queenstown Regional Office
- Uitenhage Regional Office
- Aliwal North Regional Office
- East London
- Graaf Reinet
- Mt Ayliff
Riders in the PwC Great Zuurberg Trek mountain bike...
With torrential rain in many parts of South Africa...
The GO GEORGE bus service was designed to...
The South African Cultural Observatory (SACO) on Tuesday...
The implementation of new ISO 9001 standards kicked off...
The Southern Kings on Saturday slumped to a 39-26 defeat...
The Port Elizabeth office of the South Africa Weather Services on Tuesday said that Discomfort Levels were over 100 over numerous places in the Easter Cape at 11h00. Residents urged to stay indoors in a cool room near a fan if possible...
In 2015, the Department of Transport proposed major changes...
The South African National Roads Agency SOC Limited...
The Spar Summer Festival took place at Sundays River...
- Tragedy averted as father and son rescued in Port Elizabeth
- Traffic advisory - Controlled blasting on the N2 between Dutywa and Mthatha
- Eastern Cape farmers brace for new national minimum wage
- Over 100 arrested in King Williams Town over the weekend - 30 for drunk driving
- DA condemns waste of municipal funds by Buffalo City Metro