Be advised: Standard Bank systems will be down on Sunday
Banking giant, Standard Bank on Wednesday, announced that its systems will be down on Sunday to enable the bank to make certain system changes.
"On Sunday 7 February, we will be undertaking scheduled system downtime to provide a consistent customer experience. These system changes will affect your ability to perform certain banking activities and transactions from Sunday between 2am until 8pm," the bank said in a statement.
"You will still be able to use:
- Your Standard Bank debit, cheque or credit cards to make in-store purchases.
- Your Standard Bank debit, cheque or credit cards for cash withdrawals at ATMs.
- SnapScan and MasterPass services as usual."
The following services will be disrupted during this period;
- ATM deposits will be unavailable.
- The banking app, internet and cellphone banking services will be unavailable.
- There will be limited assistance at Standard Bank branches and our AlwaysOn Banking channel via WeChat.
"To limit the impact on banking activities, we encourage you to plan ahead and consider doing the following:
- Make payments or do your banking transactions via the banking app, internet and cellphone banking before Sunday, 7 February.
- Transfer any required money to relevant accounts in advance.
- Top up airtime and electricity before the weekend to avoid any shortfall.
- Although you will still be able to use your debit or credit cards to make purchases, it is worthwhile to consider having cash on hand," the bank said.
"We recognise the impact of service disruptions but the downtime is necessary to make the system changes that will ensure that your personal information is safe and secure. We apologise in advance for the inconvenience."
For any queries, please contact the Standard Bank Call Centre on 0860 123 000.
The South African Communist Party (SACP) in the Buffalo...
Following days of uncertainty after African National Congress (ANC) Eastern Cape Provincial Executive Committee (PEC) member, Andile Lungisa, controversially contested and won the...
Several anti-crime operations that were conducted by...
Eastern Cape police on Monday appealed to the public for...
The Democratic Alliance (DA) on Monday said that...
The Headmaster of St George’s Preparatory School, Mr Alex Hall...
With the objective of opening the world of literature to the...
The St Andrew’s College 1st XV got off to a dream...
The African National Congress (ANC) in the Nelson Mandela...
- Over 1 000 police vehicles out of service in the Eastern Cape alone: DA
- Police appeal for leads following brazen early morning robbery in Ngcobo
- Police investigating after PE doctor robbed at gunpoint at his surgery
- Eight suspects expected in Port Elizabeth courts for various crimes
- NMMU Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship award recipients ready to do proud