Be advised: Standard Bank systems will be down on Sunday
Banking giant, Standard Bank on Wednesday, announced that its systems will be down on Sunday to enable the bank to make certain system changes.
"On Sunday 7 February, we will be undertaking scheduled system downtime to provide a consistent customer experience. These system changes will affect your ability to perform certain banking activities and transactions from Sunday between 2am until 8pm," the bank said in a statement.
"You will still be able to use:
- Your Standard Bank debit, cheque or credit cards to make in-store purchases.
- Your Standard Bank debit, cheque or credit cards for cash withdrawals at ATMs.
- SnapScan and MasterPass services as usual."
The following services will be disrupted during this period;
- ATM deposits will be unavailable.
- The banking app, internet and cellphone banking services will be unavailable.
- There will be limited assistance at Standard Bank branches and our AlwaysOn Banking channel via WeChat.
"To limit the impact on banking activities, we encourage you to plan ahead and consider doing the following:
- Make payments or do your banking transactions via the banking app, internet and cellphone banking before Sunday, 7 February.
- Transfer any required money to relevant accounts in advance.
- Top up airtime and electricity before the weekend to avoid any shortfall.
- Although you will still be able to use your debit or credit cards to make purchases, it is worthwhile to consider having cash on hand," the bank said.
"We recognise the impact of service disruptions but the downtime is necessary to make the system changes that will ensure that your personal information is safe and secure. We apologise in advance for the inconvenience."
For any queries, please contact the Standard Bank Call Centre on 0860 123 000.
The Coega Industrial Development Zone (IDZ) has signed 61...
The South African National Roads Agency SOC Ltd...
KwaDwesi Crime Prevention Unit members on Thursday acted on a tip-off about police uniforms at a house in Mbaba Street, in KwaDwesi, Port Elizabeth...
Against the background of a calm and orderly 2017...
Eastern Cape Premier, Phumulo Masualle, repeatedly said...
Amid pomp and fanfare, Eastern Cape Premier, Phumulo...
In 2016 the matter of whether non-executive directors...
FNB NMMU-Madibaz skipper Kevin Kaba is banking on his...
Willowvale police on Friday appealed to the public to...
Known as the ‘most famous white woman in South Africa...
- Eastern Cape receives billions in investments
- Police find handcuffs, fake international passports, fake SA IDs etc in KwaDwesi
- VIDEO: Evita Bezuidenhout talks about her Port Elizabeth show – the ‘State of the Nation Address’
- FULL SPEECH: Eastern Cape Premier Phumulo Masualle delivers his 2017 State of the Province
- SOPA 2017: Premier Masualle must be 'living in his own echo chamber' - DA