Cape Wools SA hosting Wool Week 2016 in Port Elizabeth
Fashion, décor, design and craft uses of wool showcased in Port Elizabeth from 30 March until 2 April 2016
Cape Wools SA will be celebrating wool and the unique uses of wool through an exhibition in the Walmer Park Shopping Centre in Walmer, Port Elizabeth, and through various activities at the Wool Hub.
The Wool Hub will include a range of workshops and daily Merino shearing and sheep dog shepherding demonstrations. Wool Week 2016 is the first Wool Week to take place in Port Elizabeth and is an annual international initiative which is supported by the Campaign for Wool and the South African wool industry.
There will be a static display of incredible wool designs inside Walmer Park Shopping Centre in front of Woolworths from Wednesday 30 March until 2 April 2016.
Entry to the outdoor Wool Hub for all the outdoor activities can be gained from the Walmer Park Shopping Centre parking lot. This is an opportunity for the wool industry to showcase this amazing fibre and the endless possibilities of using wool as well as contemporary, up-and-coming designer’s work.
The display will also include the pieces from the winners of the Merino student design competition.
There will be an opportunity for the public to meet a few of the designers in person on Wednesday 30 March. Tamara Cherie Dyson (Elle Rising Star Winner), Thabo Mkhetha and Thula Sindi will be available from 15:00 – 16:30 at the display where their pieces will be exhibited in Walmer Park.
The event will be represented by all the major role players in the wool industry as well as, fashion designers, Woolworths representatives, interior decorators and all people who love this amazing fibre.
Wool Week Cape Town 2016 this year will include:
- The Wool Week Static Expo between 30 March – 2 April showcasing fashion and décor
- The Wool Hub which showcases arts, crafts and design at the DF Malherbe Sports field (access gain be gained from Walmer Park Shopping Centre car park) 09:00 – 17:00
- Daily sheepdog shepherding demonstrations which will take place at the Wool Hub between 11:00 – 12:00 and 15:00 – 16:00 from 30 March until 1 April 2016
- Daily merino sheep shearing demonstration which will take place daily between 12:00 – 13:00 and 16:00 – 17:00 from 30 March until 2 April (please note that there will only be 1 demonstration on Saturday from 12:00 – 13:00)
- Daily workshops in the Wool Hub which range from Wool felting to looming a beanie.
For further information on Wool Week Port Elizabeth 2016, contact Cape Wools [email protected].
Chippa United would feel more at ease after much...
The Back to Basics approach adopted by Eastern Cape police is bearing fruit as 'good old fashioned police work' resulted in the arrest of 821 suspects and the seizure of 28 illegal firearms in the past week alone, says Easter Cape SAPS Provincial ...
Let’s be honest, whoever came up with the idea...
Steven Berg, a fibre artisan and reality TV star...
The Eastern Province Rugby Union Grand Challenge resumed again...
Three robbery suspects were arrested within 25 minutes of...
Several disruptive operations that were conducted over the...
Hawkers at East London's popular hang-out spot, Ebuhlanti...
Each month, uShaka Marine World’s Wahooz on...
- Metro cops seize laptops from officials after irregular payments
- Time for Port Elizabeth's 'sleeping giant' to wake up to UDZ rebates
- President Zuma to bestow 2017 National Orders Awards
- Will the Freedom Movement pull it off without Save South Africa?
- East London woman scarred for life after horror abortion at illegal clinic