Cape Wools SA hosting Wool Week 2016 in Port Elizabeth
Fashion, décor, design and craft uses of wool showcased in Port Elizabeth from 30 March until 2 April 2016
Cape Wools SA will be celebrating wool and the unique uses of wool through an exhibition in the Walmer Park Shopping Centre in Walmer, Port Elizabeth, and through various activities at the Wool Hub.
The Wool Hub will include a range of workshops and daily Merino shearing and sheep dog shepherding demonstrations. Wool Week 2016 is the first Wool Week to take place in Port Elizabeth and is an annual international initiative which is supported by the Campaign for Wool and the South African wool industry.
There will be a static display of incredible wool designs inside Walmer Park Shopping Centre in front of Woolworths from Wednesday 30 March until 2 April 2016.
Entry to the outdoor Wool Hub for all the outdoor activities can be gained from the Walmer Park Shopping Centre parking lot. This is an opportunity for the wool industry to showcase this amazing fibre and the endless possibilities of using wool as well as contemporary, up-and-coming designer’s work.
The display will also include the pieces from the winners of the Merino student design competition.
There will be an opportunity for the public to meet a few of the designers in person on Wednesday 30 March. Tamara Cherie Dyson (Elle Rising Star Winner), Thabo Mkhetha and Thula Sindi will be available from 15:00 – 16:30 at the display where their pieces will be exhibited in Walmer Park.
The event will be represented by all the major role players in the wool industry as well as, fashion designers, Woolworths representatives, interior decorators and all people who love this amazing fibre.
Wool Week Cape Town 2016 this year will include:
- The Wool Week Static Expo between 30 March – 2 April showcasing fashion and décor
- The Wool Hub which showcases arts, crafts and design at the DF Malherbe Sports field (access gain be gained from Walmer Park Shopping Centre car park) 09:00 – 17:00
- Daily sheepdog shepherding demonstrations which will take place at the Wool Hub between 11:00 – 12:00 and 15:00 – 16:00 from 30 March until 1 April 2016
- Daily merino sheep shearing demonstration which will take place daily between 12:00 – 13:00 and 16:00 – 17:00 from 30 March until 2 April (please note that there will only be 1 demonstration on Saturday from 12:00 – 13:00)
- Daily workshops in the Wool Hub which range from Wool felting to looming a beanie.
For further information on Wool Week Port Elizabeth 2016, contact Cape Wools [email protected].
With the 2016 Matric Examinations well underway and the Eastern Cape again hoping to improve on last year's results, the Eastern Cape Department of Education (ECDOE) on Friday announced that well-experienced retired teachers had been roped in to mentor some 560 under-performing schools in the...
SA EXPRESS recently announced that it would not withdraw...
Five suspects, aged between 23 and 34 years, are expected...
Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality Councillors had the...
The Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (NMMU) on...
The Airports Company South Africa (ACSA) has reminded...
Coming to the end of the year I am under a lot of pressure...
The official trailer for the third Wolverine movie...
The records from a phone allegedly used by Port Elizabeth...
- Despite disruptions, NMMU says it remains committed to completing academic year
- Suspended SA Express flights to East London and Port Elizabeth resume in November
- What must fall: fees or the South African state?
- Councillors get first bite at draft legislation on problem buildings
- Panayiotou trial adjourns for Monday to allow Defence to peruse phone records