Carl Pistorius to be charged with negligent driving
Carl Pistorius, brother of Paralympian, Oscar Pistorius, will be charged for reckless and negligent driving in connection with a car accident on the N1 highway near Modimolle, in which he collided head-on with another vehicle in August last year.
Pistorius was taken to hospital with serious leg injuries as well as a rupture to his heart and other organs. He has made a full recovery since then.
Limpopo police spokesperson, Ronel Otto, has said that the decision to charge Pistorius was made earlier this month due to the fact that he never provided a full statement to the investigating officer since the accident.
“The investigating officer obtained statements from the other parties and witnesses. Despite several efforts (by the officer), Mr Pistorius did not submit his statement. The docket was then sent to court. The prosecutor then instructed that he should be charged,” he said.
He is expected to appear in court next month.
Pistorius was charged with culpable homicide in 2008 colliding with a motorcyclist, who later died. He was acquitted of the charges in May 2014.
Four people, including a woman, escaped unhurt after...
On Sunday, the whole of South Africa cheered...
DebtSafe advises consumers to save on monthly expenses. The company, specialising in Debt Review, recently released its results of a survey about spending and saving habits of consumers in South Africa.
Male sexual enhancement pills are considered to be one of the most counterfeited drugs in the world and according to the latest statistics, South Africans are among the biggest consumers of black market aphrodisiacs.
The hospitality industry has often suffered criticism for being slow on the technology uptake...
Democratic Alliance (DA) Shadow Minister of Environmental Affairs, Thomas Hadebe, has said that party will launch an investigation with the Green Scorpions into the flowing of raw sewage water into the Swartkops River, which has amounted to “192 mega litres” since a pipe burst 15 weeks ago.
An application by various media houses to have Parliament show uninterrupted proceedings of events taking place in the Chamber, has been rejected by the Western Cape High Court.
Parliament has released a document showing the six questions that will be answered by President Jacob Zuma during his questions and answers session in the National Assembly on Wednesday.
Power utility, Eskom, has announced a medium to high probability of it implementing load-shedding for Monday...
- Change has come to the Bay: Mayor Athol Trollip gives his 100 days progress report
- Port Elizabeth police make public appeal for assistance after dangerous insecticide is stolen
- Another ex Joe Gqabi Municipality employee arrested over R600 000 fraud
- Another extremely hot day expected over Eastern Cape on Tuesday
- Cohen Property Developments wins Greyvensteins Attorneys Developer of the Year Award