Celebrate Women’s Day with Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality - Join the Diva Run!
The Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality invites all female residents of the Bay to participate in the Diva Run on Monday, 10 August 2015, regardless of whether they are into ‘serious’ running or simply prefer a good walk. All finishers will receive a gold medal and there are plenty of prizes to be won.
The Diva Run is one of the Municipality’s Legacy Projects, presented in partnership with Eastern Province Athletics, and is also one of a number of races linked to the name of Tata Mandela.
The event has three difference segments and also features a Kiddies Entertainment Area to keep the little ones occupied. The starting point is the 2nd Avenue NMMU Campus.
Main race of 10 km:
- The race starts at 8h30.
- The first prize is R10 000 (break the South African record of 31:13 and receive R50 000 more)!
- Walkers can also participate in this 10 km race
5 km Fun Run/Walk
- The race starts at 8h00.
- This is ideal for the less energetic
- The first prize is R1 000.
- Youngsters can also participate, but must be at least 9 years old on race day.
2 km Kiddies Run for under 9’s.
- The race starts at 7h30.
- This is the first time any running club has staged a race for this age category.
- Boys under 9 will also be allowed to join in and run with their sisters.
If you are a mom, you can run with your children at 7h30, drop your kids off at the Kiddies Entertainment Area, and be in time for the 5 km Fun Run/Walk at 8h00!!
South African 400m hurdler LJ van Zyl has taken on the...
The talent acquisition wish-list is clear...
The public is advised that folllowing a Council decision...
The Executive Mayor of George, Aldm Melvin Naik...
The Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality on Thursday said that it is determined to win its war on leaks with the appointment of plumbers to fix leakages across the Bay. "Water is a precious...
George Municipality celebrated World AIDS Day...
I have been privileged to be the Principal and a Director...
The Warriors go into battle mode with two T20 Challenge...
Having arrived at the mouth of the Great Fish River...
Mini pastry chefs in the making are exploring their culinary...
- Body of missing Port Alfred woman recovered in deep gorge outside Grahamstown
- Severe thunderstorms, high discomfort levels and veld fire conditions expected today
- BE ADVISED: Water shut down in Sardinia Bay and Seaview
- Second veld fire in Circular drive, Port Elizabeth, brought under control
- R51 million paid out to public in cases against SAPS Eastern Cape - R3.5 billion more is in pending cases!