Celebrate Women’s Day with Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality - Join the Diva Run!
The Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality invites all female residents of the Bay to participate in the Diva Run on Monday, 10 August 2015, regardless of whether they are into ‘serious’ running or simply prefer a good walk. All finishers will receive a gold medal and there are plenty of prizes to be won.
The Diva Run is one of the Municipality’s Legacy Projects, presented in partnership with Eastern Province Athletics, and is also one of a number of races linked to the name of Tata Mandela.
The event has three difference segments and also features a Kiddies Entertainment Area to keep the little ones occupied. The starting point is the 2nd Avenue NMMU Campus.
Main race of 10 km:
- The race starts at 8h30.
- The first prize is R10 000 (break the South African record of 31:13 and receive R50 000 more)!
- Walkers can also participate in this 10 km race
5 km Fun Run/Walk
- The race starts at 8h00.
- This is ideal for the less energetic
- The first prize is R1 000.
- Youngsters can also participate, but must be at least 9 years old on race day.
2 km Kiddies Run for under 9’s.
- The race starts at 7h30.
- This is the first time any running club has staged a race for this age category.
- Boys under 9 will also be allowed to join in and run with their sisters.
If you are a mom, you can run with your children at 7h30, drop your kids off at the Kiddies Entertainment Area, and be in time for the 5 km Fun Run/Walk at 8h00!!
Port Elizabeth’s Central area is ripe for the kind of inner city...
The Democratic Alliance (DA) on Sunday welcomed the Competition Commission’s (CC) decision to take up its request to investigate the alleged anti-competitive conduct of Aspen Pharmacare, on its preliminary investigation into the ...
A 24-year-old Willowvale man is expected in court on Monday...
A long-term partnership aimed at addressing the myriad...
It was smooth sailing at Rhodes University in Grahamstown...
Walter Sisulu University will launch the first of a series of WSU...
The newly formed Freedom Movement will this week show...
The Presidency has announced that President Jacob Zuma...
A late Friday evening Metro Police, Internal Audit and...
The Democratic Alliance (DA) on Friday said it will write...
- President Zuma to bestow 2017 National Orders Awards
- Metro cops seize laptops from officials after irregular payments
- Over 2 400 capped during Rhodes University's 2017 graduation ceremonies
- Will the Freedom Movement pull it off without Save South Africa?
- VIDEO: Marchers descend on Port Elizabeth Magistrate's Court for Pastor Tim Omotoso appearance