Celebrate Women’s Day with Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality - Join the Diva Run!
The Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality invites all female residents of the Bay to participate in the Diva Run on Monday, 10 August 2015, regardless of whether they are into ‘serious’ running or simply prefer a good walk. All finishers will receive a gold medal and there are plenty of prizes to be won.
The Diva Run is one of the Municipality’s Legacy Projects, presented in partnership with Eastern Province Athletics, and is also one of a number of races linked to the name of Tata Mandela.
The event has three difference segments and also features a Kiddies Entertainment Area to keep the little ones occupied. The starting point is the 2nd Avenue NMMU Campus.
Main race of 10 km:
- The race starts at 8h30.
- The first prize is R10 000 (break the South African record of 31:13 and receive R50 000 more)!
- Walkers can also participate in this 10 km race
5 km Fun Run/Walk
- The race starts at 8h00.
- This is ideal for the less energetic
- The first prize is R1 000.
- Youngsters can also participate, but must be at least 9 years old on race day.
2 km Kiddies Run for under 9’s.
- The race starts at 7h30.
- This is the first time any running club has staged a race for this age category.
- Boys under 9 will also be allowed to join in and run with their sisters.
If you are a mom, you can run with your children at 7h30, drop your kids off at the Kiddies Entertainment Area, and be in time for the 5 km Fun Run/Walk at 8h00!!
With the 2016 Matric Examinations well underway and the Eastern Cape again hoping to improve on last year's results, the Eastern Cape Department of Education (ECDOE) on Friday announced that well-experienced retired teachers had been roped in to mentor some 560 under-performing schools in the...
SA EXPRESS recently announced that it would not withdraw...
Five suspects, aged between 23 and 34 years, are expected...
Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality Councillors had the...
The Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (NMMU) on...
The Airports Company South Africa (ACSA) has reminded...
Coming to the end of the year I am under a lot of pressure...
The official trailer for the third Wolverine movie...
The records from a phone allegedly used by Port Elizabeth...
- Despite disruptions, NMMU says it remains committed to completing academic year
- Suspended SA Express flights to East London and Port Elizabeth resume in November
- What must fall: fees or the South African state?
- Councillors get first bite at draft legislation on problem buildings
- Panayiotou trial adjourns for Monday to allow Defence to peruse phone records