Celebrate Women’s Day with Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality - Join the Diva Run!
The Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality invites all female residents of the Bay to participate in the Diva Run on Monday, 10 August 2015, regardless of whether they are into ‘serious’ running or simply prefer a good walk. All finishers will receive a gold medal and there are plenty of prizes to be won.
The Diva Run is one of the Municipality’s Legacy Projects, presented in partnership with Eastern Province Athletics, and is also one of a number of races linked to the name of Tata Mandela.
The event has three difference segments and also features a Kiddies Entertainment Area to keep the little ones occupied. The starting point is the 2nd Avenue NMMU Campus.
Main race of 10 km:
- The race starts at 8h30.
- The first prize is R10 000 (break the South African record of 31:13 and receive R50 000 more)!
- Walkers can also participate in this 10 km race
5 km Fun Run/Walk
- The race starts at 8h00.
- This is ideal for the less energetic
- The first prize is R1 000.
- Youngsters can also participate, but must be at least 9 years old on race day.
2 km Kiddies Run for under 9’s.
- The race starts at 7h30.
- This is the first time any running club has staged a race for this age category.
- Boys under 9 will also be allowed to join in and run with their sisters.
If you are a mom, you can run with your children at 7h30, drop your kids off at the Kiddies Entertainment Area, and be in time for the 5 km Fun Run/Walk at 8h00!!
More than 30 final year students whose hopes of finishing their academic journey were dashed by a lack of funds shared their excitement at being the recipients of Nelson Mandela ...
With the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality Council's...
African Drumbeat did Interactive Drumming & Zulu...
Nelson Mandela Bay Tourism, in partnership with...
The FNB NMMU-Madibaz will be determined to...
The Emalahleni Local Municipality on Wednesday held a...
Southern Kings pivot, Lionel Cronje, who has been vice-captain...
Chippa United Captain, Thamsanqa Sangweni, has emphasized that Head...
Police in Uitenhage on Thursday commended the lengthy...
- Seven injured after elevator plunges to the ground at Mount Road police station
- Man who raped girl at Dora Nginza Hospital expected to apply for bail
- 21-year-old woman fatally stabs 40-year-old brother alleging he raped her since age 7
- Port Elizabeth border police confiscate three containers from Nigeria
- Prosecutors deciding on case of woman who killed brother she alleges raped her for years