Celebrate Women’s Day with Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality - Join the Diva Run!
The Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality invites all female residents of the Bay to participate in the Diva Run on Monday, 10 August 2015, regardless of whether they are into ‘serious’ running or simply prefer a good walk. All finishers will receive a gold medal and there are plenty of prizes to be won.
The Diva Run is one of the Municipality’s Legacy Projects, presented in partnership with Eastern Province Athletics, and is also one of a number of races linked to the name of Tata Mandela.
The event has three difference segments and also features a Kiddies Entertainment Area to keep the little ones occupied. The starting point is the 2nd Avenue NMMU Campus.
Main race of 10 km:
- The race starts at 8h30.
- The first prize is R10 000 (break the South African record of 31:13 and receive R50 000 more)!
- Walkers can also participate in this 10 km race
5 km Fun Run/Walk
- The race starts at 8h00.
- This is ideal for the less energetic
- The first prize is R1 000.
- Youngsters can also participate, but must be at least 9 years old on race day.
2 km Kiddies Run for under 9’s.
- The race starts at 7h30.
- This is the first time any running club has staged a race for this age category.
- Boys under 9 will also be allowed to join in and run with their sisters.
If you are a mom, you can run with your children at 7h30, drop your kids off at the Kiddies Entertainment Area, and be in time for the 5 km Fun Run/Walk at 8h00!!
A 25-year-old man from Butterworth, Bongani Makhosi, escapes...
Two Eastern Cape provincial traffic officers, a driving school instructor and a Speaker of Municipality are expected in court on Friday after they were arrested for alleged corruption by the...
Looking clinical in their captain’s run, playing shadow rugby...
While the Department of Energy is expected to announce...
Police in Uitenhage on Friday appealed to the public for...
The Kouga Local Municipality Council this week said that it...
South Africa’s finance minister Pravin Gordhan delivered...
The Department of Basic Education says the first day...
The Democratic Alliance (DA) in the Eastern Cape...
- Mourners robbed at cemetery - Port Elizabeth police urge public to be vigilant
- Two alleged gangsters arrested just after shooting dead Bethelsdorp man
- Nelson Mandela Bay Metro clamping down on municipal fleet abuse to cut costs
- Angry taxi drivers block off NMMU Missionvale Campus entrance over shuttle service
- PE Cold Storage building new R100 million facility at Coega IDZ