Cheslin Kolbe fit for Lions game
Western Province fullback, Cheslin Kolbe, has been declared fit for Saturday’s game against the Golden Lions at the Ellis Park Stadium in Johannesburg.
Kolbe injured his knee during last week’s Currie Cup match against the Eastern Province Kings, however, he was told that he could participate in Saturday’s game on Thursday morning.
"Cheslin's knee has come through nicely so we're pleased he'll take up the fullback position against the Lions on Saturday,” coach Allister Coetzee said.
"One of the pleasing aspects of Cheslin being fit, is that we can keep changes to a minimum."
Kurt Coleman will be returning to the Stormers team this weekend after being injured for three weeks, he has been warming the bench while Demetri Catrakilis took his position as flyhalf.
"We brought in Kurt as a matter of rotation in the flyhalf position and we now have a situation where both players can stay sharp.
"Kurt has started at flyhalf in the Super Rugby season and now the two players can push each other for a starting place. Kurt's game is improving as his confidence grows."
On Saturday, scrumhalf Louis Schreuder will run out onto the field for his 50th Western Province cap.
Western Province team:
15. Cheslin Kolbe, 14. Kobus van Wyk, 13. Juan de Jongh (captain), 12. Jaco Taute, 11. Pat Howard, 10. Kurt Coleman, 9. Louis Schreuder, 8. Nizaam Carr, 7. Michael Rhodes, 6. Siya Kolisi, 5. Ruan Botha, 4. Jean Kleyn, 3. Pat Cilliers, 2. Stephan Coetzee, 1. Alistair Vermaak
16. Scarra Ntubeni, 17. Brok Harris, 18. Manuel Carizza, 19. Sikhumbuzo Notshe, 20. Godlen Masimla, 21. Demetri Catrakilis, 22. Justin Geduld
Photo caption: Cheslin Kolbe fit for the game against the Lions. Photo courtesy of www.rugby365.com
Burnley Football Club has secured the signing of Norwegian midfielder, Fredrik Ulvestad, on a three year contract, following the 22-year-old’s impressive skills during training at Turf Moor.
Orlando Pirates midfielder, Sifiso Myeni, has said that his team should not underestimate Chippa United, when they clash in their Premier Soccer League (PSL) match at the Orlando Stadium this evening.
Toyota Free State Cheetah coach, Naka Drotske, has announced his team who will be taking on the Cell C Sharks for their Super Rugby match in Bloemfontein on Saturday afternoon.
DHL Western Province Stormers coach, Allister Coetzee, is worried about the availability of lock, Eben Etzebeth for this week’s Super Rugby match.
Cell C Sharks Director of Rugby, Gary Gold, has defended centre Frans Steyn’s aggressive tactics used in the Super Rugby match against the DHL Western Province Stormers at Newlands on Saturday.
Platinum Stars coach, Allan Freese, has praised his team for their hard fought 1-0 victory against Moroka Swallows, in their ABSA Premiership Soccer League (PSL) match at the Royal Bafokeng Stadium on Sunday.
Emirates Golden Lions coach, Johan Ackermann, has announced his team that will be facing the Blues for their 2015 Super Rugby match at the North Harbour Stadium in Auckland on Saturday.
Toyota Free State Cheetahs fullback, Willie le Roux, has said that there currently is good energy within his team, who are preparing for their fourth 2015 Super Rugby match against the Vodacom Blue Bulls at the Free State Stadium on Saturday afternoon.
The Emirates Golden Lions Rugby Union has let former Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University Madibaz coach, Brent Janse van Rensburg, out of his current contract in order for him to join the Eastern Province Kings as their defence coach.
- Ster-Kinekor closing cinemas at Greenacres as focus shifts to premium experiences
- Seven injured after elevator plunges to the ground at Mount Road police station
- Port Elizabeth border police confiscate three containers from Nigeria
- Police intercept drugs worth R1.5 million destined for Eastern Cape, two men and woman arrested
- 21-year-old woman fatally stabs 40-year-old brother alleging he raped her since age 7