Christopher Panayiotou continues with his bail bid

MAY 26, 2015

The bail hearing of Christopher Panayiotou has been postponed until 11:15am after a new affidavit was brought forward by the State and presented before the court. 

Panayiotou, who stands accused of masterminding the abduction and murder of his wife, Jayde, will continue with his bail application in the Port Elizabeth Magistrate's Court on Tuesday after the hearing was postponed last week.

Magistrate Abigail Beaton has said that she needed more time to study all the documents before delivering her judgment after the defence, led by Advocate Terry Price, and the State, led by Advocate Marius Stander, presented their affidavits last week.

Both parties are expected to make final submissions on Tuesday.

Last week, the court heard the gruesome evidence from the State as investigating officer, Rhynhardt Swanepoel described how Jayde was abducted from outside her Kabega Park home and later shot dead.

Swanepoel also mentioned in his affidavit that Christopher had a Cyprus passport and I.D., which he applied for a month before Jayde was abducted.

The court also heard about the cell phone mapping that indicated conversations between Panyiotou and alleged middleman Luthando Siyoli during Jayde's disappearance.

In the Defence affidavit, Panayiotou said that he did speak to Siyoli, but did not ask him to kill his wife. He also admitted to his affair with an employee, Chanelle Coutts.

A damning transcript of the conversation between Christopher and Siyoli also surfaced.

Read the transcript here: STATE SEEKING LIFE, INCRIMINATING CHAT BETWEEN CHRISTOPHER PANAYIOTOU AND THANDO SIYOLI REVEALED

RELATED: JAYDE PANAYIOTOU'S ALLEGED KILLER TO SUE STATE FOR POLICE ASSAULT

 

.