Coega among JSE-listed entities named as SA’s Top Employers
The Coega Development Corporation (CDC), has for the second consecutive year, been praised as a leading employer in the country and certified by the Top Employers Institute (TEI) for its exceptional qualities.
The institute only awards the world’s leading employers, making it a prestigious accolade. Among other companies certified as Top Employers South Africa 2016 were JSE-listed entities such as Clientele, Old Mutual, Sanlam, Howden Africa and Anglo American Platinum.
Dr Ayanda Vilakazi, CDC Head of Marketing and Communications said: “We are humbled to be recognized as one of the top employers in the country, placing us in the super leagues along with other JSE listed entities. To be again issued with this certification acknowledges the prominence that CDC places on the importance of our staff, who develop the business.”
According to the Top Employers Institute, its annual international research globally certifies excellence in the conditions that employers create for their people. Optimal conditions ensure that staff develop themselves personally and professionally. This in turn enables companies to grow and to continually develop.
The Top Employers Institute assessed CDC’s employee offerings on the following criteria:
- Talent Strategy.
- Workforce Planning.
- Learning and Development.
- Performance Management.
- Leadership Development.
- Career and Succession Management.
- Compensation and Benefits.
The CDC has walked away with no fewer than 10 awards over the past two years, and was the first IDZ in South Africa to reach the double digit investment milestone by signing 10 new investors in the 2013/14 FY.
Prestigious awards most recently received by the CDC
- Best Provider of Services to Exporters – for the second year in a row – and was also praised with the Job Creation award at the annual Exporters Club award ceremony.
- Annual Oliver Empowerment Awards: Top Empowered Public Service Award – 2015.
- Annual Exporters Club award ceremony: Best Provider of Services to Exporters – 2014.
- (SA) Premier Business Awards: Most Empowered Enterprise – 2014.
- Gold Award: Top Green Organisation Awards – 2014.
- National Business Awards: Infrastructure Development – 2014.
- National Business Awards: Top Executive of the Year (under forty years) – 2014 – Dr Ayanda Vilakazi.
- Top Employers Institute: Top Employer of choice South Africa – 2014.
- National Business Awards: Top Performing Public Service – 2014.
- National Business Awards: Top Performing Parastatal / Agency of the Year Award – 2013.
Image: TOP EMPLOYER: The Coega Development Corporation (CDC) has been listed as one of the country’s Top Employers South Africa 2016. Insert: The list of companies who were awarded with Top Employers South Africa 2016 certification.
The Eastern Cape Gabling Board (ECGB) joined hands with the Eastern Cape Department of Education (ECDoE) into improve the status of education in the province by donating White Board Technical Material at Walmer Primary School in the Nelson Mandela Bay Metro, in the past week...
The recent articles in the media, particularly the City...
St Andrew’s College pulled off a polished win vs...
A lot more goes into the making of South Africa's final national...
With savings rates at rock-bottom, overpaying on your...
The 15th annual Outeniqua Wheelchair Challenge...
The one-month grace period for GO GEORGE passengers...
The art of knitting and crocheting has been increasing...
On February 15, 2017 at 12:00pm, Chris Bertish...
The Democratic Alliance (DA) in the Buffalo City Metro on...
- Alexandria man in court for possession of drugs and stolen property worth R120 000
- Man in police custody after being caught raping teenage girl
- NMMU expresses shock at discriminatory comments allegedly made by staff member
- Police investigating after man drowns in St Francis Bay
- Eastern Cape receives billions in investments