Coega Seeking Financial Proposals for Top Structure Construction
The Corporation says the aim of the goal is “to assist the CDC in the successful and timeous implementation of top structures”.
It states that it is looking for registered contractors “that will be able to carry the project costs until the financing agreement for the project has been concluded and funds received or until after completion of the project”.
The CDC says that it is seeking “to create a pre-qualified panel of contractors who would be able to provide construction services to the CDC on this basis.
The provision of top structures for prospective tenants in the IDZ is one of the incentives offered by the CDC to investors and it has done so successfully in the past, most notably in the Nelson Mandela Bay Logistics Park where it did so for component manufacturers linked to an export contract for Volkswagen South Africa.
The Coega IDZ will become eligible for a significant suite of incentives once it falls under the new Special Economic Zones (SEZ) regime, the regulations for which are currently being finalised by the Department of Trade and Industry.
The Corporation has also issued a call for expressions of interest for the implementation of a weighbridge facility for trucks travelling through the intersection of Neptune and Alcyon roads within the IDZ.
The CDC says that service providers will have “to demonstrate their capabilities to provide all the required services in order to strengthen the CDC value proposition and business case”. - MetroMinutes.
Photo courtesy of www.ethicore.co.za
- Police intercept drugs worth R1.5 million destined for Eastern Cape, two men and woman arrested
- Three men expected in court for Uitenhage house robbery
- Police investigating after PE doctor robbed at gunpoint at his surgery
- Ster-Kinekor closing cinemas at Greenacres as focus shifts to premium experiences
- EC MBA hosts Health & Safety Conference to address ‘burning’ questions in building industries