Coldest temps since 2014 recorded overnight in East London
While most were sleeping, just before sunrise the mercury dropped to an almost record low in East London, when 4.1° C was measured, says Garth Sampson, the South African Weather Services' Client Liaison Officer for the Eastern Cape.
"This is the coldest since 2014 when 3.6°C was measured in July. It is however the 3rd coldest since the turn of the century.
"The lowest minimums since 2000 in East London have been:
- 2005 3.1°C
- 2014 3.6°C
- 2016 4.1°C."
Sampson said that the coldest on record is 2.6°C measured in June 1963.
Other Minimum temperatures measured this morning
- Port Elizabeth 2.5°C
- Uitenhage 0.1°C
- George 4.1°C
- East London 4.1°C
- Mthatha 0.2°C
- Buffelsfontein -9.5°C
- Aliwal North -6.4°C
- Graaf Reinet -3.3°C
- Barkley East -3.6C
- Elliot -3.4°C
More than 30 final year students whose hopes of finishing their academic journey were dashed by a lack of funds shared their excitement at being the recipients of Nelson Mandela ...
With the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality Council's...
African Drumbeat did Interactive Drumming & Zulu...
Nelson Mandela Bay Tourism, in partnership with...
The FNB NMMU-Madibaz will be determined to...
The Emalahleni Local Municipality on Wednesday held a...
Southern Kings pivot, Lionel Cronje, who has been vice-captain...
Chippa United Captain, Thamsanqa Sangweni, has emphasized that Head...
Police in Uitenhage on Thursday commended the lengthy...
- Seven injured after elevator plunges to the ground at Mount Road police station
- Man who raped girl at Dora Nginza Hospital expected to apply for bail
- 21-year-old woman fatally stabs 40-year-old brother alleging he raped her since age 7
- Prosecutors deciding on case of woman who killed brother she alleges raped her for years
- Port Elizabeth border police confiscate three containers from Nigeria