Coldest temps since 2014 recorded overnight in East London
While most were sleeping, just before sunrise the mercury dropped to an almost record low in East London, when 4.1° C was measured, says Garth Sampson, the South African Weather Services' Client Liaison Officer for the Eastern Cape.
"This is the coldest since 2014 when 3.6°C was measured in July. It is however the 3rd coldest since the turn of the century.
"The lowest minimums since 2000 in East London have been:
- 2005 3.1°C
- 2014 3.6°C
- 2016 4.1°C."
Sampson said that the coldest on record is 2.6°C measured in June 1963.
Other Minimum temperatures measured this morning
- Port Elizabeth 2.5°C
- Uitenhage 0.1°C
- George 4.1°C
- East London 4.1°C
- Mthatha 0.2°C
- Buffelsfontein -9.5°C
- Aliwal North -6.4°C
- Graaf Reinet -3.3°C
- Barkley East -3.6C
- Elliot -3.4°C
The Coega Development Corporation (CDC) on Wednesday welcomed the Consulate General Kang Yong of the People’s Republic of China at the Coega IDZ...
What a hot day. Maximum day temperatures in...
The Road Traffic Infringement Agency (RTIA) is to implement...
The Democratic Alliance (DA) in the Eastern Cape has...
The Coega Development Corporation...
The Willowvale Regional Magistrate's Court on Tuesday...
A 24-year-old Ngqamakhwe woman is expected in court on...
When a timeous response is needed to any-size disaster - be it...
The George Municipality on Wednesday advised local residents...
Early in January, the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University...
- Ford Kugas Burning: Early data shows lack of coolant circulation is the cause says Ford SA
- Case against New Year's Day rape accused postponed to Thursday
- Stolen electronics valued at R80 000 and destined for PE intercepted in Alexandria
- Another fuel price hike predicated at the end of January
- Notification of the interruption of the electricity supply - The following areas will be affected