Coldest temps since 2014 recorded overnight in East London
While most were sleeping, just before sunrise the mercury dropped to an almost record low in East London, when 4.1° C was measured, says Garth Sampson, the South African Weather Services' Client Liaison Officer for the Eastern Cape.
"This is the coldest since 2014 when 3.6°C was measured in July. It is however the 3rd coldest since the turn of the century.
"The lowest minimums since 2000 in East London have been:
- 2005 3.1°C
- 2014 3.6°C
- 2016 4.1°C."
Sampson said that the coldest on record is 2.6°C measured in June 1963.
Other Minimum temperatures measured this morning
- Port Elizabeth 2.5°C
- Uitenhage 0.1°C
- George 4.1°C
- East London 4.1°C
- Mthatha 0.2°C
- Buffelsfontein -9.5°C
- Aliwal North -6.4°C
- Graaf Reinet -3.3°C
- Barkley East -3.6C
- Elliot -3.4°C
In mid-2006, the seven-seat Fortuner SUV made its debut...
As the Christmas season approaches, some lucky employees...
South Africa’s N2 freeway which connects Cape Town with the...
The National Sea Rescue Institute (NSRI) in St Francis Bay...
Transport Minister, Dipuo Peters, has warned that law...
The Department of Energy over the weekend confirmed that...
Four people, including a woman, escaped unhurt after...
The South African Weather Services on Saturday morning...
Public hearings on the Traditional and Khoi-San Leadership...
- Four in lucky escape after boat capsizes in Algoa Bay
- ANC-led march demands better service delivery from Nelson Mandela Bay’s DA-led coalition
- Very hot and uncomfortable weather conditions expected over Eastern Cape
- Petrol price decreases by 20c per litre on Wednesday
- Zuma's refusal to quit puts South Africa's economy on an even weaker footing