DEDEAT celebrates Global Entrepreneurship Week with workshops across province
Global Entrepreneurship Week is celebrated every third week of November and aims to recognize entrepreneurs and their contribution to society, as well inspire people from all walks of life to consider Entrepreneurship as one way to become financially independent.
It is in this context that the Eastern Cape Department of Economic Development, Environmental Affairs and Tourism (DEDEAT) has partnered with other strategic stakeholders to bring awareness of the available business opportunities in areas of Renewable Energy, Manufacturing, Agro Processing and Tourism.
Working together with Department of Small Business Development (DSBD) and Metro/District Municipalities particular attention will be given on how we ensure effective coordination of policy and strategy implementation for the SMME sector in the province.
Furthermore, create a platform to dialogue with organized business, business owners, civil society organizations and media houses on policy improvements for development of the SMME sector in the province.
The Government departments and Public Sector institutions (Transnet, Eskom, SANRAL, NYDA, ECDEET,DEA, DEDEAT, DSBD, the dti etc) will share with business owners the opportunities available within their port folios in support of enterprise development and supplier development initiatives.
The key objectives of the SMME Road Show could be summarized as follows:
- To leverage resources and opportunities from government, private sector, and other key role players.
- To ensure effective collaboration on key projects aimed at economic development in respective local Municipalities.
- To facilitate strategic partnerships in line with local government IDP’s.
- To promote policy /strategy dialogue with organized business and civil society structures.
- To communicate available business opportunities for local entrepreneurs.
All business owners and business associations are invited to attend the SMME Road shows that will be held under the following arrangements:
- O.R Tambo 24/11/2015 Mthatha, Dan’s Place, Contact: Zininzi Sikuni:043 6057347/Onela Mgodeli 043 6057348
- Sarah Baartman/NMMB 25/11/2015 Port Elizabeth, East Cape Conference Centre, Contact: Zininzi Sikuni:043 6057347/Onela Mgodeli 043 6057348
- Amathole /BCM 26/11/2015 East London Regent Hotel Zininzi Sikuni:043 6057347/Onela Mgodeli 043 6057348
- Chris Hani 30/11/2015 Queenstown, Roydon conference Centre, Contact: Zininzi Sikuni:043 6057347/Onela Mgodeli 043 6057348
- Joe Gqabi 01/12/2015 Aliwal North, Riverside Lodge, Contact: Zininzi Sikuni:043 6057347/Onela Mgodeli 043 6057348
- Alfred Nzo 02/12/2015 Matatiele, Matatiele Community Hall, ContactZininzi Sikuni:043 6057347/Onela Mgodeli 043 6057348
For further information please contact Ms N Cibi SMME Manager at 043 605 3773 or Nokubonga.Cibi@dedea.gov.za
The recent articles in the media, particularly the...
St Andrew’s College pulled off a polished win vs...
A lot more goes into the making of South Africa's final national...
With savings rates at rock-bottom, overpaying on your...
The 15th annual Outeniqua Wheelchair Challenge...
The one-month grace period for GO GEORGE passengers...
The art of knitting and crocheting has been increasing...
On February 15, 2017 at 12:00pm, Chris Bertish...
The Democratic Alliance (DA) in the Buffalo City Metro on Monday said that it has written to Council Speaker, Alfred Mtsi...
A 28-year-old male suspect is expected to make his first...
- Man in police custody after being caught raping teenage girl
- Eastern Cape receives billions in investments
- Alexandria man in court for possession of drugs and stolen property worth R120 000
- Police find handcuffs, fake international passports, fake SA IDs etc in KwaDwesi
- Police investigating after man drowns in St Francis Bay