DEDEAT celebrates Global Entrepreneurship Week with workshops across province
Global Entrepreneurship Week is celebrated every third week of November and aims to recognize entrepreneurs and their contribution to society, as well inspire people from all walks of life to consider Entrepreneurship as one way to become financially independent.
It is in this context that the Eastern Cape Department of Economic Development, Environmental Affairs and Tourism (DEDEAT) has partnered with other strategic stakeholders to bring awareness of the available business opportunities in areas of Renewable Energy, Manufacturing, Agro Processing and Tourism.
Working together with Department of Small Business Development (DSBD) and Metro/District Municipalities particular attention will be given on how we ensure effective coordination of policy and strategy implementation for the SMME sector in the province.
Furthermore, create a platform to dialogue with organized business, business owners, civil society organizations and media houses on policy improvements for development of the SMME sector in the province.
The Government departments and Public Sector institutions (Transnet, Eskom, SANRAL, NYDA, ECDEET,DEA, DEDEAT, DSBD, the dti etc) will share with business owners the opportunities available within their port folios in support of enterprise development and supplier development initiatives.
The key objectives of the SMME Road Show could be summarized as follows:
- To leverage resources and opportunities from government, private sector, and other key role players.
- To ensure effective collaboration on key projects aimed at economic development in respective local Municipalities.
- To facilitate strategic partnerships in line with local government IDP’s.
- To promote policy /strategy dialogue with organized business and civil society structures.
- To communicate available business opportunities for local entrepreneurs.
All business owners and business associations are invited to attend the SMME Road shows that will be held under the following arrangements:
- O.R Tambo 24/11/2015 Mthatha, Dan’s Place, Contact: Zininzi Sikuni:043 6057347/Onela Mgodeli 043 6057348
- Sarah Baartman/NMMB 25/11/2015 Port Elizabeth, East Cape Conference Centre, Contact: Zininzi Sikuni:043 6057347/Onela Mgodeli 043 6057348
- Amathole /BCM 26/11/2015 East London Regent Hotel Zininzi Sikuni:043 6057347/Onela Mgodeli 043 6057348
- Chris Hani 30/11/2015 Queenstown, Roydon conference Centre, Contact: Zininzi Sikuni:043 6057347/Onela Mgodeli 043 6057348
- Joe Gqabi 01/12/2015 Aliwal North, Riverside Lodge, Contact: Zininzi Sikuni:043 6057347/Onela Mgodeli 043 6057348
- Alfred Nzo 02/12/2015 Matatiele, Matatiele Community Hall, ContactZininzi Sikuni:043 6057347/Onela Mgodeli 043 6057348
For further information please contact Ms N Cibi SMME Manager at 043 605 3773 or [email protected]
After the devastation caused by a fire in Theesecombe and Kamma Heights on Tuesday, another fire broke out in the Circular Drive area of Lorraine, Port Elizabeth, on Wednesday morning, unsettling many residents, who had witnessed the Tuesday. At the time of publishing, the cause and overall damage...
Today at Montecasino, in the heart of Fourways...
At the beginning of 2016, DSG launched a bold new initiative...
Many businesses face a multitude of challenges in the...
Sunday sees the last round of the popular aQuellé Ocean...
The Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality on Wednesday...
The Telkom Knockout final has come at the perfect time to...
Earlier this year, we reported that Ford had expanded...
The Independent Electoral Commission (IEC) on Wednesday...
- Port Alfred police appeal for assistance in locating missing woman
- ‘Looks like Armageddon’: Massive veld fire leaves bush and home destroyed in Theesecombe/Kamma Heights
- The best value medical cover for employees with Medimed
- The Top 10 Restaurants in the Eastern Cape in 2016
- 'We are doing all that we can to continue our testing': NMMU