Department Of Energy Announces Adjusted Fuel Prices For May 2015
The Department of Energy informs the public of the fuel price adjustment for May 2015. South Africa’s fuel prices are adjusted on a monthly basis, informed by international and local factors.
International factors include the fact that South Africa imports both crude oil and finished products at a price set by the global markets, including shipping costs.
The main factors contributing to these price adjustments is the average increase in the crude oil and petrol prices internationally and the slightly weaker Rand during April 2015 compared to March 2015.
- The Rand depreciated slightly against the US Dollar during the period under review when compared to the previous one.
- The international price of Brent crude oil experienced a slight increase during the period under review.
- The International product prices increased on average for petrol whilst the diesel prices decreased during the period under review. This is due to the changes in the demand and supply pattern for petrol and diesel in the Northern Hemisphere as they moved away from winter and begin their driving season.
Based on current local and international factors, the fuel prices for May 2015 in Gauteng will be adjusted as follows:
|Petrol 95 and 93 (ULP & LRP)||0.000||NO CHANGE|
|Both Diesel 0.05% and 0.005% Sulphur||5.000||cents per litre decrease in wholesale price|
|Illuminating Paraffin (Wholesale)||5.000||cents per litre decrease in wholesale price|
|Illuminating Paraffin (SMNRP)||7.000||c/l decrease in the Single Maximum National Retail price (SMNRP)|
|Maximum Retail Price for LPGAS||17.000||cents per kilogram decrease in the maximum retail price|
The pricing schedule for the different zones will be published on Tuesday, 05 May 2015.
After the devastation caused by a fire in Theesecombe and Kamma Heights on Tuesday, another fire broke out in the Circular Drive area of Lorraine, Port Elizabeth, on Wednesday morning, unsettling many residents, who had witnessed the Tuesday. At the time of publishing, the cause and overall damage...
Today at Montecasino, in the heart of Fourways...
At the beginning of 2016, DSG launched a bold new initiative...
Many businesses face a multitude of challenges in the...
Sunday sees the last round of the popular aQuellé Ocean...
The Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality on Wednesday...
The Telkom Knockout final has come at the perfect time to...
Earlier this year, we reported that Ford had expanded...
The Independent Electoral Commission (IEC) on Wednesday...
- Port Alfred police appeal for assistance in locating missing woman
- ‘Looks like Armageddon’: Massive veld fire leaves bush and home destroyed in Theesecombe/Kamma Heights
- The best value medical cover for employees with Medimed
- The Top 10 Restaurants in the Eastern Cape in 2016
- 'We are doing all that we can to continue our testing': NMMU