Deysel, Jordaan return for Sharks
Sharks Director of Rugby Gary Gold has named his team to tackle the EP Kings in a Currie Cup clash in Durban on Saturday (17:05 kick-off).
Loose forward Jean Deysel returns to the Sharks starting line-up with another experienced player, centre Paul Jordaan, also making a welcome return to the team.
The pair have been out of action for some months but their experience will be important in this second round Currie Cup clash at Kings Park.
Gold has made just one enforced change to the backline which started in the 33-24 loss to the Pumas in Nelspruit last week.
Odwa Ndungane is back at right wing after taking a knock in training last week. He replaces S’bura Sithole who himself suffered an injury in the Pumas game and is unavailable this week.
Andre Esterhuizen moves from right to left wing, while Jordaan has been named on the bench.
Meanwhile, up front, the injured Jean-Luc du Preez makes way for Deysel, while his brother Daniel comes in for the injured Khaya Majola.
Juan Schoeman, having impressed off the bench last week, is handed a starting berth at loosehead prop, with Lourens Adriaanse propping up the other side of the front row.
15. Joe Pietersen, 14. Odwa Ndungane, 13. Wandile Mjekevu, 12. Heimar Williams, 11. Andre Esterhuizen, 10. Lionel Cronje, 9. Stefan Ungerer, 8. Philip van der Walt, 7. Daniel du Preez, 6. Jean Deysel, 5. Marco Wentzel (captain), 4. Etienne Oosthuizen, 3. Thomas du Toit, 2. Monde Hadebe, 1. Juan Schoeman
Substitutes: 16. Franco Marais, 17. Gerhard Engelbrecht, 18. David McDuling, 19. Francois Kleinhans, 20. Michael Claassens, 21. Paul Jordaan, 22. SP Marais
15 Scott van Breda, 14 Siyanda Grey, 13 JP du Plessis, 12 Tim Whitehead, 11 Luther Obi, 10 George Whitehead, 9 Enrico Acker, 8 Tim Agaba, 7 Stefan Willemse, 6 Luke Watson (captain), 5 Cornell Hess, 4 Steven Sykes, 3 Tom Botha, 2 Martin Ferreira, 1 Schalk Ferreira
Substitutes: 16 Edgar Marutlulle, 17 Lizo Gqoboka, 18 Simon Kerrod, 19 Paul Schoeman, 20 Jacques Engelbrecht, 21 Kevin Luiters, 22 Karlo Aspeling
Photo caption: Sharks loose forward, Jean Deysel. Image supplied by www.superxv.com
The Nelson Mandela Bay Chamber of Business on Wednesday said that it welcomes the "balancing act" Finance Minister, Pravin Gordhan, has managed during his 2017 National Budget Speech...
The Healthy Living Alliance (HEALA) welcomes...
Aldm Melvin Naik, the first citizen of George, congratulated...
VICTORY entertainment, a new record label formed in Nelson...
Fans of authentic South African comedy will be pleased...
Finance Minister Pravin Gordhan has announced a number...
The luxury SUV was created in 1970 when Land Rover...
As many pundits predicted, the Minister of Finance...
A 24-year-old Dutywa man, Lwazi Dlisani, briefly appeared...
- NMMU expresses shock at discriminatory comments allegedly made by staff member
- The Great Moscow Circus Big Top Goes Up at The Boardwalk!!
- Port Elizabeth police seek public's assistance in locating rape suspect
- Replacing Pravin Gordhan, or his deputy, would carry a heavy cost
- Buffalo City Municipality ANC Councillor bunks all meetings since August 2016; DA wants her gone