Deysel, Jordaan return for Sharks
Sharks Director of Rugby Gary Gold has named his team to tackle the EP Kings in a Currie Cup clash in Durban on Saturday (17:05 kick-off).
Loose forward Jean Deysel returns to the Sharks starting line-up with another experienced player, centre Paul Jordaan, also making a welcome return to the team.
The pair have been out of action for some months but their experience will be important in this second round Currie Cup clash at Kings Park.
Gold has made just one enforced change to the backline which started in the 33-24 loss to the Pumas in Nelspruit last week.
Odwa Ndungane is back at right wing after taking a knock in training last week. He replaces S’bura Sithole who himself suffered an injury in the Pumas game and is unavailable this week.
Andre Esterhuizen moves from right to left wing, while Jordaan has been named on the bench.
Meanwhile, up front, the injured Jean-Luc du Preez makes way for Deysel, while his brother Daniel comes in for the injured Khaya Majola.
Juan Schoeman, having impressed off the bench last week, is handed a starting berth at loosehead prop, with Lourens Adriaanse propping up the other side of the front row.
15. Joe Pietersen, 14. Odwa Ndungane, 13. Wandile Mjekevu, 12. Heimar Williams, 11. Andre Esterhuizen, 10. Lionel Cronje, 9. Stefan Ungerer, 8. Philip van der Walt, 7. Daniel du Preez, 6. Jean Deysel, 5. Marco Wentzel (captain), 4. Etienne Oosthuizen, 3. Thomas du Toit, 2. Monde Hadebe, 1. Juan Schoeman
Substitutes: 16. Franco Marais, 17. Gerhard Engelbrecht, 18. David McDuling, 19. Francois Kleinhans, 20. Michael Claassens, 21. Paul Jordaan, 22. SP Marais
15 Scott van Breda, 14 Siyanda Grey, 13 JP du Plessis, 12 Tim Whitehead, 11 Luther Obi, 10 George Whitehead, 9 Enrico Acker, 8 Tim Agaba, 7 Stefan Willemse, 6 Luke Watson (captain), 5 Cornell Hess, 4 Steven Sykes, 3 Tom Botha, 2 Martin Ferreira, 1 Schalk Ferreira
Substitutes: 16 Edgar Marutlulle, 17 Lizo Gqoboka, 18 Simon Kerrod, 19 Paul Schoeman, 20 Jacques Engelbrecht, 21 Kevin Luiters, 22 Karlo Aspeling
Photo caption: Sharks loose forward, Jean Deysel. Image supplied by www.superxv.com
Police in King Williams Town arrested more...
If predictions by the Automobile Association (AA) of South Africa are anything to go by, fuel prices for April 2017 will be lower than in March - even after adding in the 39 cents a litre increase in ...
The South African Cultural Observatory (SACO) has...
If ever there was a month to keep the market guessing...
When the final whistle sounded over her career in netball...
A Centane man, Yanga Malangeni, aged 33, was on Monday...
A resilient and determined bowling attack from...
Prepare to fork out more for your favourite cuts of beef...
Thanks to a joint effort between PG Bison, SA's leading...
- Over 1 000 police vehicles out of service in the Eastern Cape alone: DA
- Eight suspects expected in Port Elizabeth courts for various crimes
- Police appeal for leads following brazen early morning robbery in Ngcobo
- Police investigating after PE doctor robbed at gunpoint at his surgery
- SACP Buffalo City adds voice to demands for free, quality education