Deysel, Jordaan return for Sharks
Sharks Director of Rugby Gary Gold has named his team to tackle the EP Kings in a Currie Cup clash in Durban on Saturday (17:05 kick-off).
Loose forward Jean Deysel returns to the Sharks starting line-up with another experienced player, centre Paul Jordaan, also making a welcome return to the team.
The pair have been out of action for some months but their experience will be important in this second round Currie Cup clash at Kings Park.
Gold has made just one enforced change to the backline which started in the 33-24 loss to the Pumas in Nelspruit last week.
Odwa Ndungane is back at right wing after taking a knock in training last week. He replaces S’bura Sithole who himself suffered an injury in the Pumas game and is unavailable this week.
Andre Esterhuizen moves from right to left wing, while Jordaan has been named on the bench.
Meanwhile, up front, the injured Jean-Luc du Preez makes way for Deysel, while his brother Daniel comes in for the injured Khaya Majola.
Juan Schoeman, having impressed off the bench last week, is handed a starting berth at loosehead prop, with Lourens Adriaanse propping up the other side of the front row.
15. Joe Pietersen, 14. Odwa Ndungane, 13. Wandile Mjekevu, 12. Heimar Williams, 11. Andre Esterhuizen, 10. Lionel Cronje, 9. Stefan Ungerer, 8. Philip van der Walt, 7. Daniel du Preez, 6. Jean Deysel, 5. Marco Wentzel (captain), 4. Etienne Oosthuizen, 3. Thomas du Toit, 2. Monde Hadebe, 1. Juan Schoeman
Substitutes: 16. Franco Marais, 17. Gerhard Engelbrecht, 18. David McDuling, 19. Francois Kleinhans, 20. Michael Claassens, 21. Paul Jordaan, 22. SP Marais
15 Scott van Breda, 14 Siyanda Grey, 13 JP du Plessis, 12 Tim Whitehead, 11 Luther Obi, 10 George Whitehead, 9 Enrico Acker, 8 Tim Agaba, 7 Stefan Willemse, 6 Luke Watson (captain), 5 Cornell Hess, 4 Steven Sykes, 3 Tom Botha, 2 Martin Ferreira, 1 Schalk Ferreira
Substitutes: 16 Edgar Marutlulle, 17 Lizo Gqoboka, 18 Simon Kerrod, 19 Paul Schoeman, 20 Jacques Engelbrecht, 21 Kevin Luiters, 22 Karlo Aspeling
Photo caption: Sharks loose forward, Jean Deysel. Image supplied by www.superxv.com
The Tsomo Regional Court on Monday convicted and...
A number of players of different age groups availed...
The Coega Development Corporation (CDC) on Wednesday welcomed the Consulate General Kang Yong of the People’s Republic of China at the Coega IDZ...
What a hot day. Maximum day temperatures in...
The Road Traffic Infringement Agency (RTIA) is to implement...
The Democratic Alliance (DA) in the Eastern Cape has...
The Coega Development Corporation...
The Willowvale Regional Magistrate's Court on Tuesday...
A 24-year-old Ngqamakhwe woman is expected in court on...
When a timeous response is needed to any-size disaster - be it...
- 24-year-old woman arrested for possession of illegal firearm and ammunition
- Notification of the interruption of the electricity supply - The following areas will be affected
- Veld fire conditions and extreme heat forecast for parts of Eastern Cape
- Man handed lengthy jail sentence for mystery 2016 murder
- Xtreme Projects: emergencies don't wait for regular business hours, neither do we!