Eastern Cape Dept of Public Works appoints new audit committee members
The Eastern Cape Department of Public Works will be hosting an induction programme on the 30th October 2014 at the Regent Hotel for the newly-appointed Audit Committee Members.
The new committee members are;
- Mr. Tichaona Zororo
- Mr.Singa Melchizadeck Ngqwala
- Ms.Tracy Cummimg
- Mr.Trevor Boltman
It said the programme is aimed at strengthening governance related structures in the department. The department will also bid farewell to outgoing audit Committee members who assisted the department to improve on audit outcome.
The outgoing members are;
- Sindisa Nxusani
- Thembisa Fuzani
The purpose of this induction programme is to provide new members with sufficient briefings and information to understand the responsibilities and expectation of management about audit committee role and performance. All four programmes of the department will present their programme activities.
Objectives of the Audit Committee:
- To assist the Head of Department (HOD) and members of Executive Council (MEC) in fulfilling its oversight responsibilities for the financial reporting process, the system of internal control, the audit process, and the department’s process for monitoring compliance with laws and regulations and the codes of conduct;
- It is established as oversight bodies, providing independent oversight over governance, risk management and control processes;
- Audit committees an independent body that reports to the Executive Authority;
- It shall mainly take recommendations to the Executive Authority for its approval or final decision; and
- Members are selected from different areas of expertise to enhance the Audit Committee’s overall knowledge of the department.
“The appointment of newly appointed audit committee members will assist the department improve from qualified audit outcome by improving every mid-term review to get to clean audit “said Eastern Cape MEC for Transport, Thandiswa Marawu.
Four men and woman are expected in court on Monday after...
Over much deliberation and court proceedings over Springrose...
The South African National Roads Agency SOC Ltd (SANRAL)...
The South African Communist Party (SACP) Buffalo City Region on Thursday led a march to demand fair allocation of ...
In the final crunch of the Momentum One-Day Cup...
Ster-Kinekor says its cinema complex at The Bridge shopping...
Nelson Mandela Bay residents, and visitors to the friendly...
A police task team on Thursday arrested seven men, aged...
The African National Congress' (ANC) new Nelson Mandela...
More than 30 final year students whose hopes of finishing...
- Seven injured after elevator plunges to the ground at Mount Road police station
- 21-year-old woman fatally stabs 40-year-old brother alleging he raped her since age 7
- Port Elizabeth border police confiscate three containers from Nigeria
- Man who raped girl at Dora Nginza Hospital expected to apply for bail
- Prosecutors deciding on case of woman who killed brother she alleges raped her for years