Eastern Cape Dept of Public Works appoints new audit committee members
The Eastern Cape Department of Public Works will be hosting an induction programme on the 30th October 2014 at the Regent Hotel for the newly-appointed Audit Committee Members.
The new committee members are;
- Mr. Tichaona Zororo
- Mr.Singa Melchizadeck Ngqwala
- Ms.Tracy Cummimg
- Mr.Trevor Boltman
It said the programme is aimed at strengthening governance related structures in the department. The department will also bid farewell to outgoing audit Committee members who assisted the department to improve on audit outcome.
The outgoing members are;
- Sindisa Nxusani
- Thembisa Fuzani
The purpose of this induction programme is to provide new members with sufficient briefings and information to understand the responsibilities and expectation of management about audit committee role and performance. All four programmes of the department will present their programme activities.
Objectives of the Audit Committee:
- To assist the Head of Department (HOD) and members of Executive Council (MEC) in fulfilling its oversight responsibilities for the financial reporting process, the system of internal control, the audit process, and the department’s process for monitoring compliance with laws and regulations and the codes of conduct;
- It is established as oversight bodies, providing independent oversight over governance, risk management and control processes;
- Audit committees an independent body that reports to the Executive Authority;
- It shall mainly take recommendations to the Executive Authority for its approval or final decision; and
- Members are selected from different areas of expertise to enhance the Audit Committee’s overall knowledge of the department.
“The appointment of newly appointed audit committee members will assist the department improve from qualified audit outcome by improving every mid-term review to get to clean audit “said Eastern Cape MEC for Transport, Thandiswa Marawu.
A full-seated crowd at the Kenneth McArthur Athletics...
The Garden Route Botanical Garden Environmental...
In response to a Democratic Alliance (DA) parliamentary...
A 51-year-old, senior traffic official from the Nelson Mandela Bay traffic department is expected in court soon after he was arrested on Tuesday afternoon on charges of corruption and bribery following a sting operation by Uitenhage police...
Despite flight delays on Wednesday morning due to a South...
Former Mayor of Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality (BCM)...
The South African National Roads Agency (SANRAL) would...
Brigadier Morgan Govender, Port Alfred Cluster Commander...
SEO or Search Engine Optimisation is the process of using...
- 20-year-old Port Elizabeth man busted with illegal firearm
- VIDEO: Contracts involving over R40 million now part of forensic investigations at City Hall
- Three nabbed just 25 minutes after allegedly robbing Port Elizabeth shop
- Port Elizabeth man out on bail for business robbery busted for housebreaking
- Panayiotou murder trial – Kanna Swanepoel finally appears on the stand