Eastern Cape Dept of Public Works appoints new audit committee members
The Eastern Cape Department of Public Works will be hosting an induction programme on the 30th October 2014 at the Regent Hotel for the newly-appointed Audit Committee Members.
The new committee members are;
- Mr. Tichaona Zororo
- Mr.Singa Melchizadeck Ngqwala
- Ms.Tracy Cummimg
- Mr.Trevor Boltman
It said the programme is aimed at strengthening governance related structures in the department. The department will also bid farewell to outgoing audit Committee members who assisted the department to improve on audit outcome.
The outgoing members are;
- Sindisa Nxusani
- Thembisa Fuzani
The purpose of this induction programme is to provide new members with sufficient briefings and information to understand the responsibilities and expectation of management about audit committee role and performance. All four programmes of the department will present their programme activities.
Objectives of the Audit Committee:
- To assist the Head of Department (HOD) and members of Executive Council (MEC) in fulfilling its oversight responsibilities for the financial reporting process, the system of internal control, the audit process, and the department’s process for monitoring compliance with laws and regulations and the codes of conduct;
- It is established as oversight bodies, providing independent oversight over governance, risk management and control processes;
- Audit committees an independent body that reports to the Executive Authority;
- It shall mainly take recommendations to the Executive Authority for its approval or final decision; and
- Members are selected from different areas of expertise to enhance the Audit Committee’s overall knowledge of the department.
“The appointment of newly appointed audit committee members will assist the department improve from qualified audit outcome by improving every mid-term review to get to clean audit “said Eastern Cape MEC for Transport, Thandiswa Marawu.
Sergeant Kayeni Malila, of Motherwell SAPS, was recognised...
All three suspects, including a teenager, who are alleged to...
The members of African Drumbeat attended the...
Jet Club in partnership with Educor launched...
Ah, salt. We love its taste and yearn to use it liberally in our...
The New Year has begun and for many this is a time to...
A 33-year-old woman is expected in court on Monday after...
Eastern Cape police on Friday appealed to the public for...
Public Enterprises Minister Lynne Brown has instructed Eskom...
The South African Communist Party (SACP) in the Eastern...
- Case against men who kidnapped woman outside Peddie court and murdered her postponed
- First cop on scene after elderly American couple is hijacked recognised
- Two killed after gunmen open fire at family, police appeal for leads
- Seen at: African Drumbeat at Toyota Forklift Function
- Municipalities given more time to clear Eskom debt