Eastern Cape Dept of Public Works appoints new audit committee members
The Eastern Cape Department of Public Works will be hosting an induction programme on the 30th October 2014 at the Regent Hotel for the newly-appointed Audit Committee Members.
The new committee members are;
- Mr. Tichaona Zororo
- Mr.Singa Melchizadeck Ngqwala
- Ms.Tracy Cummimg
- Mr.Trevor Boltman
It said the programme is aimed at strengthening governance related structures in the department. The department will also bid farewell to outgoing audit Committee members who assisted the department to improve on audit outcome.
The outgoing members are;
- Sindisa Nxusani
- Thembisa Fuzani
The purpose of this induction programme is to provide new members with sufficient briefings and information to understand the responsibilities and expectation of management about audit committee role and performance. All four programmes of the department will present their programme activities.
Objectives of the Audit Committee:
- To assist the Head of Department (HOD) and members of Executive Council (MEC) in fulfilling its oversight responsibilities for the financial reporting process, the system of internal control, the audit process, and the department’s process for monitoring compliance with laws and regulations and the codes of conduct;
- It is established as oversight bodies, providing independent oversight over governance, risk management and control processes;
- Audit committees an independent body that reports to the Executive Authority;
- It shall mainly take recommendations to the Executive Authority for its approval or final decision; and
- Members are selected from different areas of expertise to enhance the Audit Committee’s overall knowledge of the department.
“The appointment of newly appointed audit committee members will assist the department improve from qualified audit outcome by improving every mid-term review to get to clean audit “said Eastern Cape MEC for Transport, Thandiswa Marawu.
The retail price of both 93 and 95 octane petrol will decrease by 8c a litre on Wednesday, while the price of diesel will also decrease by 2c a litre and the wholesale price of illuminating paraffin will decrease by 8c a litre, the Department of Energy...
The Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (NMMU) on...
The Mandela Bay Development Agency (MBDA), which...
The Democratic Alliance (DA) on Friday said that it would...
Almost half of all phishing attacks (fraudulent email messages...
Key executives from Grant Thornton South Africa provide commentary...
The finance minister, Mr Gordhan, delivered a budget speech...
Queens College last Saturday won the Queenstown Under-17 Sevens...
That innovation is important and necessary for survival...
A 45-year-old man from Butterworth is expected in court on...
- NMMU urges students to apply for Fee Adjustment Grant
- DA wants Walter Sisulu Municipality Speaker gone after he was busted by HAWKS for corruption
- Police appeal for information after 95-year-old Uitenhage woman raped and murdered
- Four armed business robbers arrested within hours of robbing shop
- Dept of Energy confirms slight petrol price decreases for March 2017