Eastern Province Cricket calls for independent director nominations
Eastern Province Cricket NPC (EP Cricket) and its Independent Nominations Committee (INC) are calling for nominations for independent directors. Anyone, can make a nomination.
“A key attribute of an effective board is the appointment of independent ‘outsiders’, and we’re looking for individuals with independence and a skill set currently lacking on the EP Cricket board,” comments Jesse Chellan, EP Cricket CEO.
EP Cricket and the INC are looking for three independent directors and are seeking:
- An independent candidate with audit, and risk experience, hold a Chartered Accountant qualification as a minimum, with five years in practice, and be a member of a recognised professional body,
- An independent candidate with legal experience, who has an LLB degree, has a minimum of five years practice, and be a member of a recognised professional body,
- An independent candidate with a finance, commerce or marketing background. Ideally they will have the relevant qualifications such as a Bachelor of Commerce degree, have five years experience in their chosen field, and are a member of a recognised professional body.
The appointed independent directors will be announced by October 31st, 2015.
Nomination forms can be obtained from the EP Cricket office or by emailing [email protected]. All nominations are to be marked for the Chairperson of the Independent Nominations Committee, Judge Ronnie Pillay and emailed to [email protected].
The deadline for nominations is at 17h00 on Friday, October 2nd, 2015.
No late or incomplete submissions will be considered.
Criteria for independent directors
The Board shall be the highest authority and shall exercise their powers as set out in the MOI of the EPC NPC. Please note the definition of an Independent Member of the EPC Directors as per the MOI:
23.1.4 A nominee shall:
184.108.40.206 Not be a representative of an affiliate or member of EPC NPC
220.127.116.11 Not have been employed by the company or its affiliates nor be a member of the immediate family of an individual who was employed by the company within the immediate preceding 5 year period
18.104.22.168 Not be a supplier, sponsor or customer (or in any way be connected to any of the company and free from any business relationship with it)
22.214.171.124 Not have been associated with cricket at any official level within the immediate preceding 3 year period
126.96.36.199 Is not a professional advisor to the company or any of its affiliates or members
188.8.131.52 Be resident within the EPC region and be available to attend meetings, even at short notice
184.108.40.206 Is free from any business or other relationship that could be seen to materially interfere with the individual’s capacity to act in an independent manner.
Diversity and gender equity will be a strong consideration when appointing Independent Directors that the INC must consider when recommending Independent Directors to the Board of EP Cricket.
Three men are expected in court on Monday after they were...
Deputy President Cyril Ramaphosa says industry must partner...
Police in KwaZakhele, Port Elizabeth, are investigating a case of business robbery, which occurred at about 16:30 on Friday. "It...
In association with Belgotex Sport – Greenfields SA, South Africa’s...
The Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality on Friday advised...
The economic transformation discussion...
The South African National Roads Agency (SANRAL) would...
The Master Builders Association (MBA) of Eastern Cape hosted...
Members of the Bloemfontein Flying Squad dealt a heavy...
Disgruntled Road Accident Fund (RAF) employees, who are...
- Police intercept drugs worth R1.5 million destined for Eastern Cape, two men and woman arrested
- Three men expected in court for Uitenhage house robbery
- Police investigating after PE doctor robbed at gunpoint at his surgery
- EC MBA hosts Health & Safety Conference to address ‘burning’ questions in building industries
- Ster-Kinekor closing cinemas at Greenacres as focus shifts to premium experiences