Eastern Province Cricket calls for independent director nominations
Eastern Province Cricket NPC (EP Cricket) and its Independent Nominations Committee (INC) are calling for nominations for independent directors. Anyone, can make a nomination.
“A key attribute of an effective board is the appointment of independent ‘outsiders’, and we’re looking for individuals with independence and a skill set currently lacking on the EP Cricket board,” comments Jesse Chellan, EP Cricket CEO.
EP Cricket and the INC are looking for three independent directors and are seeking:
- An independent candidate with audit, and risk experience, hold a Chartered Accountant qualification as a minimum, with five years in practice, and be a member of a recognised professional body,
- An independent candidate with legal experience, who has an LLB degree, has a minimum of five years practice, and be a member of a recognised professional body,
- An independent candidate with a finance, commerce or marketing background. Ideally they will have the relevant qualifications such as a Bachelor of Commerce degree, have five years experience in their chosen field, and are a member of a recognised professional body.
The appointed independent directors will be announced by October 31st, 2015.
Nomination forms can be obtained from the EP Cricket office or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. All nominations are to be marked for the Chairperson of the Independent Nominations Committee, Judge Ronnie Pillay and emailed to email@example.com.
The deadline for nominations is at 17h00 on Friday, October 2nd, 2015.
No late or incomplete submissions will be considered.
Criteria for independent directors
The Board shall be the highest authority and shall exercise their powers as set out in the MOI of the EPC NPC. Please note the definition of an Independent Member of the EPC Directors as per the MOI:
23.1.4 A nominee shall:
220.127.116.11 Not be a representative of an affiliate or member of EPC NPC
18.104.22.168 Not have been employed by the company or its affiliates nor be a member of the immediate family of an individual who was employed by the company within the immediate preceding 5 year period
22.214.171.124 Not be a supplier, sponsor or customer (or in any way be connected to any of the company and free from any business relationship with it)
126.96.36.199 Not have been associated with cricket at any official level within the immediate preceding 3 year period
188.8.131.52 Is not a professional advisor to the company or any of its affiliates or members
184.108.40.206 Be resident within the EPC region and be available to attend meetings, even at short notice
220.127.116.11 Is free from any business or other relationship that could be seen to materially interfere with the individual’s capacity to act in an independent manner.
Diversity and gender equity will be a strong consideration when appointing Independent Directors that the INC must consider when recommending Independent Directors to the Board of EP Cricket.
The National Sea Rescue Institute (NSRI) in St Francis Bay...
Police in Bethelsdorp, Port Elizabeth, on Sunday appealed for...
The Coega Industrial Development Zone (IDZ) has signed 61...
The South African National Roads Agency SOC Ltd...
KwaDwesi Crime Prevention Unit members on Thursday...
Against the background of a calm and orderly 2017...
Eastern Cape Premier, Phumulo Masualle, repeatedly said...
Amid pomp and fanfare, Eastern Cape Premier, Phumulo...
In 2016 the matter of whether non-executive directors...
FNB NMMU-Madibaz skipper Kevin Kaba is banking on his...
- Eastern Cape receives billions in investments
- Police find handcuffs, fake international passports, fake SA IDs etc in KwaDwesi
- VIDEO: Evita Bezuidenhout talks about her Port Elizabeth show – the ‘State of the Nation Address’
- FULL SPEECH: Eastern Cape Premier Phumulo Masualle delivers his 2017 State of the Province
- SOPA 2017: Premier Masualle must be 'living in his own echo chamber' - DA