Eastern Province Cricket calls for independent director nominations
Eastern Province Cricket NPC (EP Cricket) and its Independent Nominations Committee (INC) are calling for nominations for independent directors. Anyone, can make a nomination.
“A key attribute of an effective board is the appointment of independent ‘outsiders’, and we’re looking for individuals with independence and a skill set currently lacking on the EP Cricket board,” comments Jesse Chellan, EP Cricket CEO.
EP Cricket and the INC are looking for three independent directors and are seeking:
- An independent candidate with audit, and risk experience, hold a Chartered Accountant qualification as a minimum, with five years in practice, and be a member of a recognised professional body,
- An independent candidate with legal experience, who has an LLB degree, has a minimum of five years practice, and be a member of a recognised professional body,
- An independent candidate with a finance, commerce or marketing background. Ideally they will have the relevant qualifications such as a Bachelor of Commerce degree, have five years experience in their chosen field, and are a member of a recognised professional body.
The appointed independent directors will be announced by October 31st, 2015.
Nomination forms can be obtained from the EP Cricket office or by emailing [email protected]. All nominations are to be marked for the Chairperson of the Independent Nominations Committee, Judge Ronnie Pillay and emailed to [email protected].
The deadline for nominations is at 17h00 on Friday, October 2nd, 2015.
No late or incomplete submissions will be considered.
Criteria for independent directors
The Board shall be the highest authority and shall exercise their powers as set out in the MOI of the EPC NPC. Please note the definition of an Independent Member of the EPC Directors as per the MOI:
23.1.4 A nominee shall:
22.214.171.124 Not be a representative of an affiliate or member of EPC NPC
126.96.36.199 Not have been employed by the company or its affiliates nor be a member of the immediate family of an individual who was employed by the company within the immediate preceding 5 year period
188.8.131.52 Not be a supplier, sponsor or customer (or in any way be connected to any of the company and free from any business relationship with it)
184.108.40.206 Not have been associated with cricket at any official level within the immediate preceding 3 year period
220.127.116.11 Is not a professional advisor to the company or any of its affiliates or members
18.104.22.168 Be resident within the EPC region and be available to attend meetings, even at short notice
22.214.171.124 Is free from any business or other relationship that could be seen to materially interfere with the individual’s capacity to act in an independent manner.
Diversity and gender equity will be a strong consideration when appointing Independent Directors that the INC must consider when recommending Independent Directors to the Board of EP Cricket.
The trial of disgraced Port Elizabeth businessman, Christopher Panayiotou, and co-accused Sinethemba Nenembe and Zolani Sibeko, resumed in the Port Elizabeth High Court on Friday. Panayiotou and his co-accused are alleged to have orchestrated the faked kidnapping and murder of his wife, Jayde, in April 2015...
Members of iMveli Cycling Academy will be holding a...
The Democratic Alliance (DA) says it will on Friday write to...
Sports car fanatics will be in for a rare treat when over a...
FULL SPEECH - Save South Africa convener, businessman...
Three student leaders from the School of Oriental and African...
As the water crisis in Nelson Mandela Bay and the ...
A 25-year-old Port Elizabeth man is expected in court on...
Bridge Street Brewery have another mouth-watering event...
Southern Kings head coach Deon Davids made just one...
- Port Elizabeth man busted with cocaine worth R100 000 disguised as Grandpa sachets
- VIDEO: Top 10 of the most expensive schools in Eastern Cape for 2017
- Port Elizabeth anglers rescued at Cape Recife after being cut off by high tide
- Two arrested shortly after business robbery at Sunridge Mall in Port Elizabeth
- Man in court for allegedly plotting to assassinate top govt officials