Extremely uncomfortable weather conditions expected over Eastern Cape
The SA Weather Services has advised residents of extremely uncomfortable conditions expected across the province.
"With temperatures already hovering around 30C and relatively high humidity’s, the Discomfort Levels have risen to the Extremely Uncomfortable Level, over most of the Easter Cape region.
"This includes all areas From Joubertina to the Kei River," described Garth Sampson, Client Liaison Officer at the SA Weather Services Eastern Cape branch.
He said that by 11 am the following temperatures were recorded:
Patensie 29 C
Port Elizabeth 30C
East London 27C
Graaf Reinet 34C
Ft Beaufort 33C
Somerset East 33C
"Conditions are only expected to start cooling after 5pm today," he said.
"Listen to the radio for the latest warnings for your area."
Below is a description of the conditions and precautions to be taken
HIGH DISCOMFORT AND HEAT WAVES
When temperature and humidity are high at the same time, humans ability to cool their bodies through sweating are reduced. This can be a real threat:
- Stay indoors in a cool room near a fan if possible
- The old and infirm must take extra care
- Listen to the radio or TV for warnings.
- Cease strenuous outdoor activity if advised
- Avoid playing sport
- Dress in light weight clothes
- Drink plenty of liquids NOT alcohol
Fun times were had at The Boardwalk on Thursday all in the name of charity. Finalists for the Mr Port Elizabeth UberMANn campaign rolled people around the lake of The Boardwalk to raise funds in aid of the Association for the Physically Disabled (APD) of Nelson Mandela Bay...
As one of South Africa’s most prominent news...
KIA Motors has signed a memorandum of...
The Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) is the...
The trial of disgraced Port Elizabeth businessman, Christopher Panayiotou, and co-accused Sinethemba Nenembe and Zolani Sibeko, resumed in the Port Elizabeth High Court on Friday. Panayiotou and his co-accused are alleged to have orchestrated the faked kidnapping and murder of his wife, Jayde, in April 2015...
Members of iMveli Cycling Academy will be holding a...
The Democratic Alliance (DA) says it will on Friday write to...
Sports car fanatics will be in for a rare treat when over a...
FULL SPEECH - Save South Africa convener, businessman...
Three student leaders from the School of Oriental and African...
- Port Elizabeth man busted with cocaine worth R100 000 disguised as Grandpa sachets
- VIDEO: Top 10 of the most expensive schools in Eastern Cape for 2017
- Port Elizabeth anglers rescued at Cape Recife after being cut off by high tide
- Panayiotou Murder Trial: Terry Price and Captain Kanna Swanepoel lock horns
- Two arrested shortly after business robbery at Sunridge Mall in Port Elizabeth