Extremely uncomfortable weather conditions expected over Eastern Cape
The SA Weather Services has advised residents of extremely uncomfortable conditions expected across the province.
"With temperatures already hovering around 30C and relatively high humidity’s, the Discomfort Levels have risen to the Extremely Uncomfortable Level, over most of the Easter Cape region.
"This includes all areas From Joubertina to the Kei River," described Garth Sampson, Client Liaison Officer at the SA Weather Services Eastern Cape branch.
He said that by 11 am the following temperatures were recorded:
Patensie 29 C
Port Elizabeth 30C
East London 27C
Graaf Reinet 34C
Ft Beaufort 33C
Somerset East 33C
"Conditions are only expected to start cooling after 5pm today," he said.
"Listen to the radio for the latest warnings for your area."
Below is a description of the conditions and precautions to be taken
HIGH DISCOMFORT AND HEAT WAVES
When temperature and humidity are high at the same time, humans ability to cool their bodies through sweating are reduced. This can be a real threat:
- Stay indoors in a cool room near a fan if possible
- The old and infirm must take extra care
- Listen to the radio or TV for warnings.
- Cease strenuous outdoor activity if advised
- Avoid playing sport
- Dress in light weight clothes
- Drink plenty of liquids NOT alcohol
Kei Road SAPS, together with All Saints Academy and the local SAPS' Employee Health and Wellness (EHW) unit, on Monday educated the community members and school learners as...
The Verband Der Automotbilindustrie (VDA) Quality...
South Africa’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) grew by 0.2%...
The Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality flexed its muscle during...
The two year old affiliation between one of South Africa’s...
GO GEORGE will be celebrating the bus service’s...
Police in Port Elizabeth have issued a warning to local...
South Africa is breathing a sigh of relief after escaping a...
The East London cycling community’s fundraising tour...
George Fire Brigade with the Executive Mayor of George...
- Why does a 13th cheque not give me double my usual take-home pay?
- Govt warns errant motorists this festive season
- Another extremely hot day expected over Eastern Cape on Tuesday
- Change has come to the Bay: Mayor Athol Trollip gives his 100 days progress report
- Why the Toyota Fortuner is still South Africa’s most loved SUV