FF+ to submit charge of hate speech against Zuma

BY CHARL BOSCH - JULY 26, 2016

The Freedom Front Plus (FF+) has said it will approach the South African Humans Rights Commission (SAHRC) to lay charges of hate speech against President Jacob Zuma.

In a statement, the party’s Anton Alberts said Zuma reportedly referred to whites as “oppressors” and responsible for many blacks living in poverty at a campaign rally in Tembisa on the East Rand last week, before stating at a similar event in Nelson Mandela Bay this past weekend, that blacks must not vote the “spawn of Apartheid” back into power.

Zuma had allegedly been referring to the Democratic Alliance (DA), who described as having originated from the remains of the old National Party and whose hatred remains unchanged from before. He also cautioned that a poisonous snake can only give birth to another and that only the African National Congress (ANC) fought for the country’s freedom.

“The SAHRC has had enough time to caution President Zuma against his divisive and racist remarks. They should act without fear and follow the example of the Public Protector to bring the President to order,” Albert said.

He said the party would continue to put pressure on the SAHRC for answer as its patience with the slow progress of investigations and Zuma as President had run out.