Gold expects a physical battle against Waratahs
Cell C Sharks Director of Rugby, Gary Gold, has made no changes for this side’s Super Rugby match against the NSW Waratahs in Sydney on Saturday.
He said that he expects a physical battle this week, and added that he is keeping faith in the players who showed a much improved performance against the Hurricanes last weekend.
“They’re a very physical team, probably the most physical Australian team,” Gold said.
“And then the likes of Beale, Folau and Ashley-Cooper – they have some fantastic play-makers in the backline.”
“A big strong pack, but they move the ball well, so we’re going to have to get our defensive shape right. Their front row has played probably 80 or 90 times together and all of them Wallabies.”
“They’re a formidable team, one through 15, they’re a well-balanced team and threats everywhere; this is possibly our toughest challenge to date,” he added.
The Sharks are currently sitting 11th on the Super Rugby log, however, Gold said that he is proud of his players, and that he could not ask more of them in regards of effort.
“I genuinely believe we are working harder now, week on week. I have to highly commend the professionalism of this group,” he said.
“They’re hurting terribly – we all are – no-one ever wants to be in this position.”
“I’d like us to break our losing streak while we’re on the road, especially against a team like the Waratahs. We’re going to come out firing …”
15. Lwazi Mvovo, 14. Odwa Ndungane, 13. JP Pietersen, 12. Frans Steyn, 11. S'bura Sithole, 10. Lionel Cronje, 9. Stefan Ungerer, 8. Renaldo Bothma, 7. Etienne Oosthuizen, 6. Marcell Coetzee, 5. Marco Wentzel (captain), 4. Stephan Lewies, 3. Jannie du Plessis, 2. Bismarck du Plessis, 1. Tendai Mtawarira
16. Franco Marais, 17. Dale Chadwick, 18. Lourens Adriaanse , 19. Mouritz Botha, 20. Kyle Cooper, 21. Conrad Hoffmann, 22. Andre Esterhuizen, 23. Waylon Murray
IMAGE supplied by fans.myplayers.co.za
Many see the decision by South Africa’s governing African National Congress (ANC) to send the disgraced former CEO of the power utility Eskom to parliament as the precursor to...
The Eastern Cape’s renewable energy projects has created...
With the match showing to be a game of two...
Eastcape Training Centre (ETC) celebrates over 40 years in...
The South African National Roads Agency SOC Ltd...
The Warriors slumped to a 44-run loss to the...
THE best of Nelson Mandela Bay female boxers will feature...
With only two nights to go until the opening night of the circus...
Almost two months into the 2017 school year, a presentation...
- Alexandria man in court for possession of drugs and stolen property worth R120 000
- NMMU expresses shock at discriminatory comments allegedly made by staff member
- Man in police custody after being caught raping teenage girl
- Buffalo City Municipality ANC Councillor bunks all meetings since August 2016; DA wants her gone
- Eastern Cape receives billions in investments