Gold expects a physical battle against Waratahs
Cell C Sharks Director of Rugby, Gary Gold, has made no changes for this side’s Super Rugby match against the NSW Waratahs in Sydney on Saturday.
He said that he expects a physical battle this week, and added that he is keeping faith in the players who showed a much improved performance against the Hurricanes last weekend.
“They’re a very physical team, probably the most physical Australian team,” Gold said.
“And then the likes of Beale, Folau and Ashley-Cooper – they have some fantastic play-makers in the backline.”
“A big strong pack, but they move the ball well, so we’re going to have to get our defensive shape right. Their front row has played probably 80 or 90 times together and all of them Wallabies.”
“They’re a formidable team, one through 15, they’re a well-balanced team and threats everywhere; this is possibly our toughest challenge to date,” he added.
The Sharks are currently sitting 11th on the Super Rugby log, however, Gold said that he is proud of his players, and that he could not ask more of them in regards of effort.
“I genuinely believe we are working harder now, week on week. I have to highly commend the professionalism of this group,” he said.
“They’re hurting terribly – we all are – no-one ever wants to be in this position.”
“I’d like us to break our losing streak while we’re on the road, especially against a team like the Waratahs. We’re going to come out firing …”
15. Lwazi Mvovo, 14. Odwa Ndungane, 13. JP Pietersen, 12. Frans Steyn, 11. S'bura Sithole, 10. Lionel Cronje, 9. Stefan Ungerer, 8. Renaldo Bothma, 7. Etienne Oosthuizen, 6. Marcell Coetzee, 5. Marco Wentzel (captain), 4. Stephan Lewies, 3. Jannie du Plessis, 2. Bismarck du Plessis, 1. Tendai Mtawarira
16. Franco Marais, 17. Dale Chadwick, 18. Lourens Adriaanse , 19. Mouritz Botha, 20. Kyle Cooper, 21. Conrad Hoffmann, 22. Andre Esterhuizen, 23. Waylon Murray
IMAGE supplied by fans.myplayers.co.za
When a timeous response is needed to any-size disaster - be it...
The George Municipality on Wednesday advised local residents...
Early in January, the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (NMMU) announced the appointment of Dr Randall Jonas as...
The South African Weather Services on Wednesday morning...
The effects of a sovereign credit rating downgrade would be...
Notice is hereby given that the electricity supply...
Scores of new students and their parents are set to descend...
An enthusiastic team of 30 champions have been...
Pearson High School hosted fellow PE rivals, Grey High...
- Ford Kugas Burning: Early data shows lack of coolant circulation is the cause says Ford SA
- Another fuel price hike predicated at the end of January
- Stolen electronics valued at R80 000 and destined for PE intercepted in Alexandria
- Case against New Year's Day rape accused postponed to Thursday
- Over 61 800 speeding tickets issued in Bay during summer season