Gold expects a physical battle against Waratahs
Cell C Sharks Director of Rugby, Gary Gold, has made no changes for this side’s Super Rugby match against the NSW Waratahs in Sydney on Saturday.
He said that he expects a physical battle this week, and added that he is keeping faith in the players who showed a much improved performance against the Hurricanes last weekend.
“They’re a very physical team, probably the most physical Australian team,” Gold said.
“And then the likes of Beale, Folau and Ashley-Cooper – they have some fantastic play-makers in the backline.”
“A big strong pack, but they move the ball well, so we’re going to have to get our defensive shape right. Their front row has played probably 80 or 90 times together and all of them Wallabies.”
“They’re a formidable team, one through 15, they’re a well-balanced team and threats everywhere; this is possibly our toughest challenge to date,” he added.
The Sharks are currently sitting 11th on the Super Rugby log, however, Gold said that he is proud of his players, and that he could not ask more of them in regards of effort.
“I genuinely believe we are working harder now, week on week. I have to highly commend the professionalism of this group,” he said.
“They’re hurting terribly – we all are – no-one ever wants to be in this position.”
“I’d like us to break our losing streak while we’re on the road, especially against a team like the Waratahs. We’re going to come out firing …”
15. Lwazi Mvovo, 14. Odwa Ndungane, 13. JP Pietersen, 12. Frans Steyn, 11. S'bura Sithole, 10. Lionel Cronje, 9. Stefan Ungerer, 8. Renaldo Bothma, 7. Etienne Oosthuizen, 6. Marcell Coetzee, 5. Marco Wentzel (captain), 4. Stephan Lewies, 3. Jannie du Plessis, 2. Bismarck du Plessis, 1. Tendai Mtawarira
16. Franco Marais, 17. Dale Chadwick, 18. Lourens Adriaanse , 19. Mouritz Botha, 20. Kyle Cooper, 21. Conrad Hoffmann, 22. Andre Esterhuizen, 23. Waylon Murray
IMAGE supplied by fans.myplayers.co.za
Comair has announced that, in line with a new ruling by the South Africa Civil Aviation Authority (SACAA), customers may not board their aircraft with the Samsung Galaxy Note 7...
Dutywa police arrested a 33 year-old man...
The South African government's decision to withdraw...
The Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (NMMU) says...
Winter is over, summer is here and in a few months it will be...
Anyone and everyone in the market for an SUV offering a...
Kouga Local Municipality residents can make use of various...
Community Development Services, George Municipality...
Suits & Sneakers is fast becoming South Africa’s...
- 'Classes' suspended at NMMU on Monday to allow for mediation process
- Port Elizabeth man slapped with 10-year jail term for attempted murder
- By tracking victim's iPhone, Port Alfred police pounce on alleged robber
- Alleged housebreaking suspect killed by mob at Walter Sisulu University
- Withdrawal from the ICC: A sad day for South Africa and Africa