Here is the new schedule for refuse collection in your area as Municipal strike continues

JUNE 1, 2017
Here is the new schedule for refuse collection in your area as Municipal strike continues

The Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality on Thursday advised residents that the go slow by its Waste Management Sub-Directorate staff, which began last week and has resulted in delays or no collection of refuse, is continuing.

"The current labour challenges - go slow by refuse collectors, are causing delays in the normal collection schedule of refuse across the metro," it said.

"The Municipality has put in place a contingency plan to address the problem, which has resulted in collection delays in some areas.

"Residents who are able to dispose of their domestic waste and garden refuse (no builders rubble) are encouraged to use the Drop Off Centres in the meantime. The Drop Off Centres operating hours have been extended from 06h00 to 18h00 daily as from the 1 June 2017 to accommodate this provisional arrangement."

The Metro also said that a “Hotline” to attend to residents queries is now available during office hours from 1 June 2017 for the duration of the labour related challenge. The contact number for this “Hotline” is (041) 506 7405 or email at [email protected]

"The Municipality would like to apologise for the inconvenience that has been caused."

No automatic alt text available.

No automatic alt text available.

No automatic alt text available.

No automatic alt text available.

No automatic alt text available.