Independent Electoral Commission (IEC) issues notice to deregister 21 political parties
The Independent Electoral Commission (IEC) says it has given notice of its intention to deregister 21 political parties.
“The parties who do not have representation in a legislature are required in terms of the Electoral Commission Act (51 of 1996) to renew their registration annually. Parties have until 29 August 2014 to renew their registration,” said the IEC on Friday.
It said the affected parties have been advised of the cancellation in writing and their names were also published in the local newspaper where they are registered.
Once this process has been completed a notice of deregistration will be published in the Government Gazette.
The affected parties include:
- African National Party
- Black Consciousness Party
- Cape Agulhas Ratepayers Association
- Community Coalition
- Dagga Party
- Democratic Action Party
- God's People's Party
- Khoisan Party
- Local Government Party
- National Democratic Convention
- People Centered Alliance
- Phumelela Ratepayers' Association
- Plettenberg Bay Community Forum
- Simunye in Christ Organisation
- Socialist Green Coalition
- South African Business Party
- South Cape Community Forum
- The Real Party
- United Action Front
- Women Forward
- World Solidarity Movement
Police in East London have opened an investigation after a 34-year-old male was shot dead in his shack at Cambridge, East London, on Tuesday night. According to the police, it is alleged that, at about 22:00 on Tuesday, five armed men demanded entry into the man's shack before forcing the door open when he refused...
Continental Tyre South Africa (CTSA) is once again fielding...
The growth of connected devices is resulting in...
Kalyana Sivagnanam has joined Nissan as...
Nissan has appointed Peyman Kargar as Senior...
Although there is currently an electronic deeds registration...
Port Elizabeth-based advertising agency, Boomtown, on...
Police in Stutterheim on Wednesday morning arrested...
There is a looming sentiment that doing business...
The South African Regional level 2 and 3 Gala was...
- Petrol price April 2017: AA predicts fuel price decreases even after fuel levy increases
- Here is your weather picture for Wings and Wheels Festival and IRONMAN weekend
- Over 1 000 police vehicles out of service in the Eastern Cape alone: DA
- Eight suspects expected in Port Elizabeth courts for various crimes
- 'White monopoly capital': an excuse to avoid the real problems!