Independent Electoral Commission (IEC) issues notice to deregister 21 political parties
The Independent Electoral Commission (IEC) says it has given notice of its intention to deregister 21 political parties.
“The parties who do not have representation in a legislature are required in terms of the Electoral Commission Act (51 of 1996) to renew their registration annually. Parties have until 29 August 2014 to renew their registration,” said the IEC on Friday.
It said the affected parties have been advised of the cancellation in writing and their names were also published in the local newspaper where they are registered.
Once this process has been completed a notice of deregistration will be published in the Government Gazette.
The affected parties include:
- African National Party
- Black Consciousness Party
- Cape Agulhas Ratepayers Association
- Community Coalition
- Dagga Party
- Democratic Action Party
- God's People's Party
- Khoisan Party
- Local Government Party
- National Democratic Convention
- People Centered Alliance
- Phumelela Ratepayers' Association
- Plettenberg Bay Community Forum
- Simunye in Christ Organisation
- Socialist Green Coalition
- South African Business Party
- South Cape Community Forum
- The Real Party
- United Action Front
- Women Forward
- World Solidarity Movement
The Coega Industrial Development Zone (IDZ) has signed 61...
The South African National Roads Agency SOC Ltd...
KwaDwesi Crime Prevention Unit members on Thursday acted on a tip-off about police uniforms at a house in Mbaba Street, in KwaDwesi, Port Elizabeth...
Against the background of a calm and orderly 2017...
Eastern Cape Premier, Phumulo Masualle, repeatedly said...
Amid pomp and fanfare, Eastern Cape Premier, Phumulo...
In 2016 the matter of whether non-executive directors...
FNB NMMU-Madibaz skipper Kevin Kaba is banking on his...
Willowvale police on Friday appealed to the public to...
Known as the ‘most famous white woman in South Africa...
- Eastern Cape receives billions in investments
- Police find handcuffs, fake international passports, fake SA IDs etc in KwaDwesi
- FULL SPEECH: Eastern Cape Premier Phumulo Masualle delivers his 2017 State of the Province
- SOPA 2017: Premier Masualle must be 'living in his own echo chamber' - DA
- VIDEO: Evita Bezuidenhout talks about her Port Elizabeth show – the ‘State of the Nation Address’