International accreditations add to Coega Development Corporation’s list of achievements
Hard work undertaken by the Coega Development Corporation (CDC), has culminated in the state-owned entity winning several top awards and also obtaining various accreditations from the International Standards Organisation (ISO).
“The CDC is dedicated to making the Eastern Cape a pillar for economic growth through pioneering strategic game changing projects leading to unlocking the province’s potential,” said Dr Ayanda Vilakazi, head of CDC marketing and communications.
The CDC has scooped nine awards in the 2014/15 Financial Year (FY) coupled with the ISO accreditation, illustrating compliance with international best practices.
“As a leading development agency enabling sustainable socio-economic development in South Africa, through investment, infrastructure development and skills development, the CDC views these achievements as a validation of the organisation’s hard work,” added Dr Vilakazi.
CDC’s clients, including the industry and its captains, have acknowledged the organisation’s achievements by honouring the organisation with various prestigious awards, particularly over the last two years.
Prestigious awards most recently received by the CDC
• Annual Oliver Empowerment Awards: Top Empowered Public Service Award - 2015
• Annual Exporters Club award ceremony: Best Provider of Services to Exporters -2014
• (SA) Premier Business Awards: Most Empowered Enterprise - 2014
• Gold Award: Top Green Organisation Awards - 2014
• National Business Awards: Infrastructure Development - 2014
• National Business Awards: Top Executive of the Year (under forty years) - 2014
• Top Employers Institute: Top Employer of choice South Africa - 2014
• National Business Awards: Top Performing Public Service – 2014
• National Business Awards: Top Performing Parastatal / Agency of the Year Award – 2013
Cognisant of the country’s triple challenge - poverty, inequality and unemployment - the organisation has consistently contributed to apex areas of need. The CDC has created 96 776 jobs and provided training and development opportunities to 71 445 since inception.
The CDC also carries various ISO Certifications, which are an indication that the organisation is undertaking management activities according to international best practices. These standards are the result of international, expert consensus and therefore offer the benefit of global management experience and good practice.
“The ISO system standards provide a model to follow when setting up and operating a management system. The organisation pushes itself to achieve high standards when it comes to management procedures,” said Fezile Ndema, CDC manager CEO’s office. - getnews.co.za
Fun times were had at The Boardwalk on Thursday all in the name of charity. Finalists for the Mr Port Elizabeth UberMANn campaign rolled people around the lake of The Boardwalk to raise funds in aid of the Association for the Physically Disabled (APD) of Nelson Mandela Bay...
As one of South Africa’s most prominent news...
KIA Motors has signed a memorandum of...
The Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) is the...
The trial of disgraced Port Elizabeth businessman, Christopher Panayiotou, and co-accused Sinethemba Nenembe and Zolani Sibeko, resumed in the Port Elizabeth High Court on Friday. Panayiotou and his co-accused are alleged to have orchestrated the faked kidnapping and murder of his wife, Jayde, in April 2015...
Members of iMveli Cycling Academy will be holding a...
The Democratic Alliance (DA) says it will on Friday write to...
Sports car fanatics will be in for a rare treat when over a...
FULL SPEECH - Save South Africa convener, businessman...
Three student leaders from the School of Oriental and African...
- Port Elizabeth man busted with cocaine worth R100 000 disguised as Grandpa sachets
- VIDEO: Top 10 of the most expensive schools in Eastern Cape for 2017
- Panayiotou Murder Trial: Terry Price and Captain Kanna Swanepoel lock horns
- Port Elizabeth anglers rescued at Cape Recife after being cut off by high tide
- Two arrested shortly after business robbery at Sunridge Mall in Port Elizabeth