International accreditations add to Coega Development Corporation’s list of achievements
Hard work undertaken by the Coega Development Corporation (CDC), has culminated in the state-owned entity winning several top awards and also obtaining various accreditations from the International Standards Organisation (ISO).
“The CDC is dedicated to making the Eastern Cape a pillar for economic growth through pioneering strategic game changing projects leading to unlocking the province’s potential,” said Dr Ayanda Vilakazi, head of CDC marketing and communications.
The CDC has scooped nine awards in the 2014/15 Financial Year (FY) coupled with the ISO accreditation, illustrating compliance with international best practices.
“As a leading development agency enabling sustainable socio-economic development in South Africa, through investment, infrastructure development and skills development, the CDC views these achievements as a validation of the organisation’s hard work,” added Dr Vilakazi.
CDC’s clients, including the industry and its captains, have acknowledged the organisation’s achievements by honouring the organisation with various prestigious awards, particularly over the last two years.
Prestigious awards most recently received by the CDC
• Annual Oliver Empowerment Awards: Top Empowered Public Service Award - 2015
• Annual Exporters Club award ceremony: Best Provider of Services to Exporters -2014
• (SA) Premier Business Awards: Most Empowered Enterprise - 2014
• Gold Award: Top Green Organisation Awards - 2014
• National Business Awards: Infrastructure Development - 2014
• National Business Awards: Top Executive of the Year (under forty years) - 2014
• Top Employers Institute: Top Employer of choice South Africa - 2014
• National Business Awards: Top Performing Public Service – 2014
• National Business Awards: Top Performing Parastatal / Agency of the Year Award – 2013
Cognisant of the country’s triple challenge - poverty, inequality and unemployment - the organisation has consistently contributed to apex areas of need. The CDC has created 96 776 jobs and provided training and development opportunities to 71 445 since inception.
The CDC also carries various ISO Certifications, which are an indication that the organisation is undertaking management activities according to international best practices. These standards are the result of international, expert consensus and therefore offer the benefit of global management experience and good practice.
“The ISO system standards provide a model to follow when setting up and operating a management system. The organisation pushes itself to achieve high standards when it comes to management procedures,” said Fezile Ndema, CDC manager CEO’s office. - getnews.co.za
The Nelson Mandela Bay Chamber of Business on Wednesday said that it welcomes the "balancing act" Finance Minister, Pravin Gordhan, has managed during his 2017 National Budget Speech...
The Healthy Living Alliance (HEALA) welcomes...
Aldm Melvin Naik, the first citizen of George, congratulated...
VICTORY entertainment, a new record label formed in Nelson...
Fans of authentic South African comedy will be pleased...
Finance Minister Pravin Gordhan has announced a number...
The luxury SUV was created in 1970 when Land Rover...
As many pundits predicted, the Minister of Finance...
A 24-year-old Dutywa man, Lwazi Dlisani, briefly appeared...
- NMMU expresses shock at discriminatory comments allegedly made by staff member
- The Great Moscow Circus Big Top Goes Up at The Boardwalk!!
- Port Elizabeth police seek public's assistance in locating rape suspect
- Replacing Pravin Gordhan, or his deputy, would carry a heavy cost
- Angry taxi drivers block off NMMU Missionvale Campus entrance over shuttle service