Interviews for IEC Commissioner underway
According to the chief justice's office, interviews to fill the vacancy of Electoral Commission SA (IEC) Commissioner are currently underway at the Birchwood Hotel in Boksburg. The interviews began on Thursday.
A 4-member panel including the Chief Justice of the Republic of South Africa, Chief Justice Mogoeng Mogoeng; South African Human Rights Commission Chairperson Advocate Lawrence Mushwana; Commission for Gender Equality Chairperson Mfanozelwe Shozi; and Deputy Public Protector Advocate Kevin Malunga, is conducting the interviews.
The position of IEC Commissioner became vacant when IEC chairwoman Pansy Tlakula resigned in September over a botched leasing deal.
President Jacob Zuma will appoint a new IEC Chairperson once the position of commissioner had been filled.
The candidates being interviewed for the IEC Commissioner are:
- Former ambassador to Bulgaria, Sheila Margaret Camerer;
- Chairwoman of the gender committee of the Law Society of SA, Hlaleleni Kathleen Dlepu;
- Prof Mzamo Alexander Gumbi;
- Rebecca Madipoane Queendy Gungubele;
- Advocate Salome Ngwanamathiba Khutsoane;
- Part-time commissioner at the SA Human Rights Commission, Janet Love;
- Linky Ramakgahlela Mamoepa;
- Special project adviser to the president, Vuma Glenton Mashinini;
- Tembeka Koekie Mdlulwa;
- Lumko Caesario Mtimde;
- Zwoitwaho Calvin Nevhutalu;
- Advocate Motlatjo Josephine Ralefatane;
- Jonas Ben Sibanyoni; and,
- IEC Northern Cape outreach manager Maruping Michael Wildebees.
Photo caption: The Chief Justice of the Republic of South Africa, Chief Justice Mogoeng Mogoeng accompanied by South African Human Rights Commission Chairperson Advocate Lawrence Mushwana; Commission for Gender Equality Chairperson Mr Mfanozelwe Shozi; and Deputy Public Protector Advocate Kevin Malunga at the interview session for the position of IEC Commissioner at Birchwood Hotel.
In association with Belgotex Sport – Greenfields SA, South Africa’s...
The Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality on Friday advised residents in the Van Staadens / Thornhill area of a possible interruption in electricity supply on Sunday and Westering residents of a planned water supply disruption on Tuesday. The Metro said that to enable essential upgrading and...
The economic transformation discussion...
The South African National Roads Agency (SANRAL) would...
The Master Builders Association (MBA) of Eastern Cape hosted...
Members of the Bloemfontein Flying Squad dealt a heavy...
Disgruntled Road Accident Fund (RAF) employees, who are...
Four men and woman are expected in court on Monday after...
Over much deliberation and court proceedings over Springrose...
The South African National Roads Agency SOC Ltd (SANRAL)...
- Seven injured after elevator plunges to the ground at Mount Road police station
- Port Elizabeth border police confiscate three containers from Nigeria
- 21-year-old woman fatally stabs 40-year-old brother alleging he raped her since age 7
- Man who raped girl at Dora Nginza Hospital expected to apply for bail
- Ster-Kinekor closing cinemas at Greenacres as focus shifts to premium experiences