Interviews for IEC Commissioner underway
According to the chief justice's office, interviews to fill the vacancy of Electoral Commission SA (IEC) Commissioner are currently underway at the Birchwood Hotel in Boksburg. The interviews began on Thursday.
A 4-member panel including the Chief Justice of the Republic of South Africa, Chief Justice Mogoeng Mogoeng; South African Human Rights Commission Chairperson Advocate Lawrence Mushwana; Commission for Gender Equality Chairperson Mfanozelwe Shozi; and Deputy Public Protector Advocate Kevin Malunga, is conducting the interviews.
The position of IEC Commissioner became vacant when IEC chairwoman Pansy Tlakula resigned in September over a botched leasing deal.
President Jacob Zuma will appoint a new IEC Chairperson once the position of commissioner had been filled.
The candidates being interviewed for the IEC Commissioner are:
- Former ambassador to Bulgaria, Sheila Margaret Camerer;
- Chairwoman of the gender committee of the Law Society of SA, Hlaleleni Kathleen Dlepu;
- Prof Mzamo Alexander Gumbi;
- Rebecca Madipoane Queendy Gungubele;
- Advocate Salome Ngwanamathiba Khutsoane;
- Part-time commissioner at the SA Human Rights Commission, Janet Love;
- Linky Ramakgahlela Mamoepa;
- Special project adviser to the president, Vuma Glenton Mashinini;
- Tembeka Koekie Mdlulwa;
- Lumko Caesario Mtimde;
- Zwoitwaho Calvin Nevhutalu;
- Advocate Motlatjo Josephine Ralefatane;
- Jonas Ben Sibanyoni; and,
- IEC Northern Cape outreach manager Maruping Michael Wildebees.
Photo caption: The Chief Justice of the Republic of South Africa, Chief Justice Mogoeng Mogoeng accompanied by South African Human Rights Commission Chairperson Advocate Lawrence Mushwana; Commission for Gender Equality Chairperson Mr Mfanozelwe Shozi; and Deputy Public Protector Advocate Kevin Malunga at the interview session for the position of IEC Commissioner at Birchwood Hotel.
Three formidable Nelson Mandela Bay residents were...
More than 200 firefighters, including firefighting aircraft, were kept busy at multiple fires in Pinehaven, Knysna, Plettenberg Bay, Baviaanskloof and Port Elizabeth, said Working on Fire Pty (Ltd), which runs the Department of Environmental Affairs’ Expanded...
The Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality on Thursday morning...
SVA International Architects are nearing completion of the...
The South African Weather Services on Thursday...
Police have opened an inquest docket after the body of a...
After the devastation caused by a fire in Theesecombe...
Today at Montecasino, in the heart of Fourways...
At the beginning of 2016, DSG launched a bold new initiative...
- Body of missing Port Alfred woman recovered in deep gorge outside Grahamstown
- Second veld fire in Circular drive, Port Elizabeth, brought under control
- Severe thunderstorms, high discomfort levels and veld fire conditions expected today
- BE ADVISED: Water shut down in Sardinia Bay and Seaview
- Port Alfred police appeal for assistance in locating missing woman