Interviews for IEC Commissioner underway
According to the chief justice's office, interviews to fill the vacancy of Electoral Commission SA (IEC) Commissioner are currently underway at the Birchwood Hotel in Boksburg. The interviews began on Thursday.
A 4-member panel including the Chief Justice of the Republic of South Africa, Chief Justice Mogoeng Mogoeng; South African Human Rights Commission Chairperson Advocate Lawrence Mushwana; Commission for Gender Equality Chairperson Mfanozelwe Shozi; and Deputy Public Protector Advocate Kevin Malunga, is conducting the interviews.
The position of IEC Commissioner became vacant when IEC chairwoman Pansy Tlakula resigned in September over a botched leasing deal.
President Jacob Zuma will appoint a new IEC Chairperson once the position of commissioner had been filled.
The candidates being interviewed for the IEC Commissioner are:
- Former ambassador to Bulgaria, Sheila Margaret Camerer;
- Chairwoman of the gender committee of the Law Society of SA, Hlaleleni Kathleen Dlepu;
- Prof Mzamo Alexander Gumbi;
- Rebecca Madipoane Queendy Gungubele;
- Advocate Salome Ngwanamathiba Khutsoane;
- Part-time commissioner at the SA Human Rights Commission, Janet Love;
- Linky Ramakgahlela Mamoepa;
- Special project adviser to the president, Vuma Glenton Mashinini;
- Tembeka Koekie Mdlulwa;
- Lumko Caesario Mtimde;
- Zwoitwaho Calvin Nevhutalu;
- Advocate Motlatjo Josephine Ralefatane;
- Jonas Ben Sibanyoni; and,
- IEC Northern Cape outreach manager Maruping Michael Wildebees.
Photo caption: The Chief Justice of the Republic of South Africa, Chief Justice Mogoeng Mogoeng accompanied by South African Human Rights Commission Chairperson Advocate Lawrence Mushwana; Commission for Gender Equality Chairperson Mr Mfanozelwe Shozi; and Deputy Public Protector Advocate Kevin Malunga at the interview session for the position of IEC Commissioner at Birchwood Hotel.
Notice is hereby given that the electricity supply...
Scores of new students and their parents are set to descend on Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University’s (NMMU) Indoor Sports Centre on Saturday, to kick-start the annual first-year...
An enthusiastic team of 30 champions have been...
Pearson High School hosted fellow PE rivals, Grey High...
The figures for visitor traffic at Cape Town International...
The George Municipality’s department of...
Chippa United have confirmed that highly-acquainted development coach, Zipho...
The Broad – Based Black Economic Empowerment Act and...
Many of us view the New Year as the next chapter. We...
The South African National Roads Agency SOC Ltd (SANRAL)...
- Ford Kugas Burning: Early data shows lack of coolant circulation is the cause says Ford SA
- Another fuel price hike predicated at the end of January
- Stolen electronics valued at R80 000 and destined for PE intercepted in Alexandria
- Over 61 800 speeding tickets issued in Bay during summer season
- Case against New Year's Day rape accused postponed to Thursday