Interviews for IEC Commissioner underway
According to the chief justice's office, interviews to fill the vacancy of Electoral Commission SA (IEC) Commissioner are currently underway at the Birchwood Hotel in Boksburg. The interviews began on Thursday.
A 4-member panel including the Chief Justice of the Republic of South Africa, Chief Justice Mogoeng Mogoeng; South African Human Rights Commission Chairperson Advocate Lawrence Mushwana; Commission for Gender Equality Chairperson Mfanozelwe Shozi; and Deputy Public Protector Advocate Kevin Malunga, is conducting the interviews.
The position of IEC Commissioner became vacant when IEC chairwoman Pansy Tlakula resigned in September over a botched leasing deal.
President Jacob Zuma will appoint a new IEC Chairperson once the position of commissioner had been filled.
The candidates being interviewed for the IEC Commissioner are:
- Former ambassador to Bulgaria, Sheila Margaret Camerer;
- Chairwoman of the gender committee of the Law Society of SA, Hlaleleni Kathleen Dlepu;
- Prof Mzamo Alexander Gumbi;
- Rebecca Madipoane Queendy Gungubele;
- Advocate Salome Ngwanamathiba Khutsoane;
- Part-time commissioner at the SA Human Rights Commission, Janet Love;
- Linky Ramakgahlela Mamoepa;
- Special project adviser to the president, Vuma Glenton Mashinini;
- Tembeka Koekie Mdlulwa;
- Lumko Caesario Mtimde;
- Zwoitwaho Calvin Nevhutalu;
- Advocate Motlatjo Josephine Ralefatane;
- Jonas Ben Sibanyoni; and,
- IEC Northern Cape outreach manager Maruping Michael Wildebees.
Photo caption: The Chief Justice of the Republic of South Africa, Chief Justice Mogoeng Mogoeng accompanied by South African Human Rights Commission Chairperson Advocate Lawrence Mushwana; Commission for Gender Equality Chairperson Mr Mfanozelwe Shozi; and Deputy Public Protector Advocate Kevin Malunga at the interview session for the position of IEC Commissioner at Birchwood Hotel.
The South African government's decision to withdraw...
The Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (NMMU) says academic business will be suspended on Monday to allow for...
Winter is over, summer is here and in a few months it will be...
Anyone and everyone in the market for an SUV offering a...
Kouga Local Municipality residents can make use of various...
Community Development Services, George Municipality...
Suits & Sneakers is fast becoming South Africa’s...
Overstated as it can sound, football is more than a...
Police in Mthatha say they are investigating how a 27-year old...
A 19-year old male suspect from Port Alfred is expected in court...
- 'Classes' suspended at NMMU on Monday to allow for mediation process
- Port Elizabeth man slapped with 10-year jail term for attempted murder
- By tracking victim's iPhone, Port Alfred police pounce on alleged robber
- Withdrawal from the ICC: A sad day for South Africa and Africa
- Despite disruptions, NMMU says it remains committed to completing academic year