Interviews for IEC Commissioner underway
According to the chief justice's office, interviews to fill the vacancy of Electoral Commission SA (IEC) Commissioner are currently underway at the Birchwood Hotel in Boksburg. The interviews began on Thursday.
A 4-member panel including the Chief Justice of the Republic of South Africa, Chief Justice Mogoeng Mogoeng; South African Human Rights Commission Chairperson Advocate Lawrence Mushwana; Commission for Gender Equality Chairperson Mfanozelwe Shozi; and Deputy Public Protector Advocate Kevin Malunga, is conducting the interviews.
The position of IEC Commissioner became vacant when IEC chairwoman Pansy Tlakula resigned in September over a botched leasing deal.
President Jacob Zuma will appoint a new IEC Chairperson once the position of commissioner had been filled.
The candidates being interviewed for the IEC Commissioner are:
- Former ambassador to Bulgaria, Sheila Margaret Camerer;
- Chairwoman of the gender committee of the Law Society of SA, Hlaleleni Kathleen Dlepu;
- Prof Mzamo Alexander Gumbi;
- Rebecca Madipoane Queendy Gungubele;
- Advocate Salome Ngwanamathiba Khutsoane;
- Part-time commissioner at the SA Human Rights Commission, Janet Love;
- Linky Ramakgahlela Mamoepa;
- Special project adviser to the president, Vuma Glenton Mashinini;
- Tembeka Koekie Mdlulwa;
- Lumko Caesario Mtimde;
- Zwoitwaho Calvin Nevhutalu;
- Advocate Motlatjo Josephine Ralefatane;
- Jonas Ben Sibanyoni; and,
- IEC Northern Cape outreach manager Maruping Michael Wildebees.
Photo caption: The Chief Justice of the Republic of South Africa, Chief Justice Mogoeng Mogoeng accompanied by South African Human Rights Commission Chairperson Advocate Lawrence Mushwana; Commission for Gender Equality Chairperson Mr Mfanozelwe Shozi; and Deputy Public Protector Advocate Kevin Malunga at the interview session for the position of IEC Commissioner at Birchwood Hotel.
It has been a slow start to the Save South Africa Freedom ...
Two suspects, aged 21 and 28 years old, was arrested shortly...
A crowd of loyal supporters has gathered in front of the City Hall, in Port Elizabeth, where the Democratic Alliance (DA) in the Eastern Cape is hosting its Freedom Day rally....
11 students from the King Hintsa TVET College, Theko and...
With approximately 1420 players in 48 A-teams, 20...
The Democratic Alliance (DA) and Save South Africa ...
One of South Africa’s most experienced cyclists...
The Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality’s Deputy Mayor, Mongameli Bobani, laid charges against Municipal Manager, Johann Metler and Executive Director of Corporate Services, Vuyo Zitumane at the Humewood Police Station on Wednesday.
The Varsity Cup Dream Team was shown up against...
A full-seated crowd at the Kenneth McArthur Athletics...
- 20-year-old Port Elizabeth man busted with illegal firearm
- Port Elizabeth man out on bail for business robbery busted for housebreaking
- VIDEO: Contracts involving over R40 million now part of forensic investigations at City Hall
- Senior Nelson Mandela Bay traffic official arrested for corruption and bribery
- Flight delays as SAA cabin crews embark on strike over meal allowances