Investigation into Clarkson “fracas” begins as ratings tumble

BY CHARL BOSCH - MARCH 17, 2015

The BBC’s investigation into the incident that left star Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson suspended is expected to resume today with speculation continuing to mount about his as well as the show’s future.

Clarkson was placed on suspension and the remaining three episodes of the smash-hit motoring show’s 22nd season cancelled last week, after he allegedly punched associate producer, Oisin Tymon, for not arranging catering following the completion of filming in the Yorkshire Dales.

The 36-year old producer is said to be fearing for his life, and career, after apparently receiving death threats from disgruntled fans, but that he has no intention of pressing charges against Clarkson.

Britain’s Telegraph newspaper has meanwhile reported that the BBC’s decision to drop Top Gear from its usual Sunday evening timeslot resulted in a drop of over four-million viewers with just 1.3-million tuning-in to watch its last minute replacement, a documentary about the Red Arrows Aerobatics Squad.

Complaints to the broadcaster via social media have also been left unanswered while a petition calling for Clarkson’s reinstatement, has drawn over 940 000 supporters so far.

Although yet to publically responded about the allegations, Clarkson has hinted that he could leave the broadcaster after writing in his blog for a Sunday newspaper that dinosaurs have “no place in a world which has moved on”.

“Nature made a mistake when it invented the dinosaur. It was too big, too violent. All the dinosaurs died and now, years later, no one mourns their passing,” he said.

 

RELATED ARTICLES

READ MORE: Clarkson swore at colleague for over half-an-hour 

READ MORE: Cameron defends Clarkson

READ MORE: Top Gear host suspended

 

IMAGE sourced from smartadlive.info