Isis executioner possibly identified

BY CHARL BOSCH - SEPTEMBER 26, 2014

The Islamic State (IS or Isis) militant responsible for the grizzly video beheadings of two United States journalist, is claimed to have been identified by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).

FBI Director, James Comey, made the reveal to journalists late yesterday afternoon in Washington, but declined to name the masked militia, who speaks with a clear English accent. Although unconfirmed, United Kingdom media reports the man, dubbed Jihadi John, as being a 23-year old rapper turned extremist, Abdel-Majed Abdel Bary.

"We have a big focus going on that right now," Comey said, adding that he believes the group to be planning something in North America.

"We don’t have complete visibility about their activities. We believe they’ve been working toward an attack, but it’s hard to say whether it would come tomorrow, in three weeks, or in three months," he said.

Last month, the SITE Intelligence Group released the first of two video clips showing the militia standing in a desert background and brandishing a knife next to journalist James Foley and later Steven Sotloff. Both men, dressed in orange jump-suites, were ordered to read from pre-worded text blaming the US for the war in Iraq and Syria, before the video fades.

Each video then shows the decapitated bodies lying in the desert and ends with the militia threatening to kill another captive. It remains unconfirmed as to whether Jihadi John actually carried the beheadings out himself, as neither are actually shown.

Earlier this month, British aid worker, David Haines, became the third person to be killed in a similar way, with the militia ending the clip threating to kill a second British aid worker, Alan Henning. 

 

CAPTION: Still video image showing the masked Isis militia, dubbed Jihadi John, next to US journalist James Foley shortly before his execution. The FBI has now revealed his true identity but refused to provide a name. IMAGE sourced from schadr.com