Lions team announced for semis
Xerox Golden Lions coach, Johan Ackermann, has named his team that will take on the Cell C Sharks in their Currie Cup semi-final match at Ellis Park on Saturday.
Ackermann has kept the same team who beat the Toyota Free State Cheetahs 47-7 last weekend.
He has made one small change for Saturday’s game, having flanker, Albertus “Kwagga” Smith move to the bench in place of prop Jacques van Rooyen.
15. Jaco van der Walt. 14. Ruan Combrinck, 13. Lionel Mapoe, 12. Howard Mnisi, 11. Courtnall Skosan, 10. Marnitz Boshoff, 9. Ross Cronje, 8. Warren Whiteley (captain), 7. Derick Minnie, 6. Jaco Kriel, 5. Franco Mostert, 4. Martin Muller, 3. Ruan Dreyer, 2. Robbie Coetzee, 1. Schalk van der Merwe
16. Armand van der Merwe, 17. Julian Redelinghuys, 18. Willie Britz, 19. Warwick Tecklenburg, 20. Kwagga Smith, 21. Mark Richards, 22. Harold Vorster
Photo courtesy of www.rugby365.com
Burnley Football Club has secured the signing of Norwegian midfielder, Fredrik Ulvestad, on a three year contract, following the 22-year-old’s impressive skills during training at Turf Moor.
Orlando Pirates midfielder, Sifiso Myeni, has said that his team should not underestimate Chippa United, when they clash in their Premier Soccer League (PSL) match at the Orlando Stadium this evening.
Toyota Free State Cheetah coach, Naka Drotske, has announced his team who will be taking on the Cell C Sharks for their Super Rugby match in Bloemfontein on Saturday afternoon.
DHL Western Province Stormers coach, Allister Coetzee, is worried about the availability of lock, Eben Etzebeth for this week’s Super Rugby match.
Cell C Sharks Director of Rugby, Gary Gold, has defended centre Frans Steyn’s aggressive tactics used in the Super Rugby match against the DHL Western Province Stormers at Newlands on Saturday.
Platinum Stars coach, Allan Freese, has praised his team for their hard fought 1-0 victory against Moroka Swallows, in their ABSA Premiership Soccer League (PSL) match at the Royal Bafokeng Stadium on Sunday.
Emirates Golden Lions coach, Johan Ackermann, has announced his team that will be facing the Blues for their 2015 Super Rugby match at the North Harbour Stadium in Auckland on Saturday.
Toyota Free State Cheetahs fullback, Willie le Roux, has said that there currently is good energy within his team, who are preparing for their fourth 2015 Super Rugby match against the Vodacom Blue Bulls at the Free State Stadium on Saturday afternoon.
The Emirates Golden Lions Rugby Union has let former Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University Madibaz coach, Brent Janse van Rensburg, out of his current contract in order for him to join the Eastern Province Kings as their defence coach.
- Alexandria man in court for possession of drugs and stolen property worth R120 000
- Man in police custody after being caught raping teenage girl
- Eastern Cape receives billions in investments
- Police find handcuffs, fake international passports, fake SA IDs etc in KwaDwesi
- Police investigating after man drowns in St Francis Bay