Lions team announced for semis
Xerox Golden Lions coach, Johan Ackermann, has named his team that will take on the Cell C Sharks in their Currie Cup semi-final match at Ellis Park on Saturday.
Ackermann has kept the same team who beat the Toyota Free State Cheetahs 47-7 last weekend.
He has made one small change for Saturday’s game, having flanker, Albertus “Kwagga” Smith move to the bench in place of prop Jacques van Rooyen.
15. Jaco van der Walt. 14. Ruan Combrinck, 13. Lionel Mapoe, 12. Howard Mnisi, 11. Courtnall Skosan, 10. Marnitz Boshoff, 9. Ross Cronje, 8. Warren Whiteley (captain), 7. Derick Minnie, 6. Jaco Kriel, 5. Franco Mostert, 4. Martin Muller, 3. Ruan Dreyer, 2. Robbie Coetzee, 1. Schalk van der Merwe
16. Armand van der Merwe, 17. Julian Redelinghuys, 18. Willie Britz, 19. Warwick Tecklenburg, 20. Kwagga Smith, 21. Mark Richards, 22. Harold Vorster
Photo courtesy of www.rugby365.com
Eskom has released a statement saying that their generators are running smoothly, and that there is a possibility that there will be no load shedding this weekend.
Eastern Province Rugby‘s Port Elizabeth Sub-Union has launched a new rugby tournament for clubs in and around the Northern Areas as a response to the current wave of violent gang activity that is sweeping through the area...
It was a spectacular day in East London as South African, Matt Trautman, won his first ever IRONMAN 70.3 race while Britain's Jodie Swallow, won her fifth consecutive title at the eighth edition of the Standard Bank Ironman 70.3 South Africa held on Sunday...
South Africa has deployed its first batch of trained healthcare professionals to work in Sierra Leone, in an effort to help contain the spread of Ebola Disease Virus in the country and other parts of West Africa.
Proteas Captain, AB De Villiers, has said that he has “timed the ball better in the past” after scoring the fastest century in history of One-Day International cricket, after South Africa destroyed the West Indies by 148 runs at the Bidvest Wanderers Stadium in Johannesburg on Sunday afternoon.
Liverpool chief executive, Ian Ayre, has said that he is hoping that current captain Steven Gerrard will be able to return to the club on a loan deal from Los Angeles Galaxy next year.
It has been reported that Ernst Middendorp will be the new coach of Chippa United in the New Year.
Liverpool manager, Brendan Rodgers, has said that he is pleased with his team’s performance against Arsenal yesterday; however, he admits that they cannot continue to draw matches.
Sacarens winger, Jack Wilson, has joined the Cell C Sharks, with immediate effect, ahead of the 2015 Super Rugby Season.
- Body of missing Port Alfred woman recovered in deep gorge outside Grahamstown
- Severe thunderstorms, high discomfort levels and veld fire conditions expected today
- BE ADVISED: Water shut down in Sardinia Bay and Seaview
- Second veld fire in Circular drive, Port Elizabeth, brought under control
- R51 million paid out to public in cases against SAPS Eastern Cape - R3.5 billion more is in pending cases!