List of road closures for Standard Bank IRONMAN Africa Championships 2017 road closures
In lieu of the 2017 Standard Bank IRONMAN Africa Championship that will be taking place in Nelson Mandela Bay over the weekend, a number of roads will be blocked off for the athletes.
The corporate Ironman Challenge will take place on Saturday the 1st of April and the full Ironman Challenge will take place on Sunday the 2nd of April.
Full road closures will come into effect from 5am until midnight:
• Marine Drive from Lodge Road to Summerstrand Hotel
• 2nd Avenue from Brighton Drive to Marine Drive
• Admiralty Way from Marine Drive to University Way
There will be a controlled crossover point at Brighton Drive/Admiralty Crescent.
Partial road closures in effect from 5am until midnight:
- Marine Drive from Walmer Boulevard to La Roche Drive
- Marine Drive from La Roche Drive to Lodge Road.
Full road closures that will be in effect from 5am until 5pm:
• Marine Drive from Summerstrand Hotel to Schoenmakerskop.
• Victoria Drive from Schoenmakerskop to Glendore Road intersection
• Sardinia Bay Road
• Heron Road
• Seaview Road from Heron Road to Van Reenen Road, Seaview
• Elizabeth Road/Beachview Divisional Road from Seaview Road to Beachview Drive, Beachview, Maitlands area.
After 5pm access to Summerstrand/City will be via the NMMU back gate.
Controlled access will be in place at the following locations:
- To and from Pine Lodge only via the NMMU back gate on Marine Drive
- To and from the Sardinia Bay Golf Estate& Club from Seaview/Heron Road intersection
A Mount Frere-based agricultural co-operative in the ...
Seven agricultural co-operatives based in the OR Tambo ...
The Coega Development Corporation (CDC) says that it has...
With the Sectional Title Schemes Management Act (STSMA)...
One of South Africa’s most experienced cyclists, Waylon...
Police in Grahamstown on Tuesday arrested three suspects...
Communities in Mbizana and surrounding areas ...
The Department of Energy on Thursday confirmed that fuel prices will increase for May 2017. In April, motorists were in for a treat as the petrol price decreased by between 24 and 22 cents...
South Africa and the world recently saw one of the most...
It has been a slow start to the Save South Africa Freedom ...
- 20-year-old Port Elizabeth man busted with illegal firearm
- Port Elizabeth man out on bail for business robbery busted for housebreaking
- VIDEO: Contracts involving over R40 million now part of forensic investigations at City Hall
- Senior Nelson Mandela Bay traffic official arrested for corruption and bribery
- Flight delays as SAA cabin crews embark on strike over meal allowances