Man who offered to quash Pistorius murder case for R250 000 back in court

MARCH 24, 2016

The man who allegedly tried to swindle R250 000 out of Oscar Pistorius is expected to apply for bail in the Pretoria Specialised Commercial Crimes Court on Thursday. Tshifiwa Reuben Radzhadzi, 33, appeared in court earlier this week on charges of corruption and extortion. 

He allegedly approached Pistorius and demanded the money, claiming he could quash his murder conviction, according to an affidavit the State read to the court.

He claimed to be part of a team, working alongside the prosecutor in Pistorius's murder trial, Gerrie Nel. He allegedly said he needed payment for himself and his team.

"Mr Pistorius played along and then alerted authorities," the prosecutor told the court.  

A sting operation was set up and Radzhadzi was arrested after he collected R40 000 near the High Court in Pretoria on Friday.

It had since been established that Radzhadzi was not a National Prosecuting Authority employee. Nel said Radzhadzi was being opportunistic and he did not know him.

Pistorius, a former Paralympic athlete, is expected to be sentenced on April 18 for the February 2013 murder of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp.

---News24wire 

Source: http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/pistorius-alleged-scamster-back-in-court-20160323