Mayor Fihla summoned to presidential summit
Nelson Mandela Bay Mayor Ben Fihla has been summoned to attend a Presidential Local Government Summit along with mayors from across the country on September 18.
Also required to attend are Speaker Maria Hermans, Chief Whip Joy Seale, City Manager Mpilo Mbambisa and CFO Trevor Harper.
Presidential Spokesman Mac Maharaj said in a statement on Tuesday that the aim of the summit was “to agree on an urgent action plan to strengthen local government by getting the basics right”.
Fihla will also be required to attend a provincial meeting convened by Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs in Queenstown on September 11/12.
The aim is to share a comprehensive plan to speed up service delivery through coordination and integration. - metrominutes
CAPTION: Nelson Mandela Bay Metro Mayor Ben Fihla, accompanied by Deputy Minister of Pulic Works, Jeremy Cronin and former Minister of Justice, Jeff Radebe, at the opening of the Gelvandale Magistrates Court in April 2013. IMAGE sourced from algoafm.co.za
- Port Elizabeth police seek public's assistance in locating rape suspect
- Angry taxi drivers block off NMMU Missionvale Campus entrance over shuttle service
- The Great Moscow Circus Big Top Goes Up at The Boardwalk!!
- Two alleged gangsters arrested just after shooting dead Bethelsdorp man
- Replacing Pravin Gordhan, or his deputy, would carry a heavy cost