Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality staffers embark on illegal strike
The Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality on Wednesday experienced an illegal strike action in its Human Settlements Directorate, Customer Care Division and Supply Chain Management Contracts Section.
"Meetings between management, affected staff and their Union representatives took place during the course of the day," said Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality Communications Director, Roland Williams.
"The NMBM strongly condemns such wildcat strikes which are illegal. We emphasise that there are existing structures, systems and processes in place that adequately allow all staff to address and take up their respective issues. Such actions are thus unacceptable."
Williams said that the principle of no work no pay will be strictly applied.
Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality Customer Care offices are currently closed
"We therefore urge all our customers to make use of the various other facilities that we have in place to allow customers to pay their accounts."
CUSTOMER CARE OFFICES
Mfanasekhaya Gqobose Building (ETB)
Goven Mbeki Avenue, Central
Ponana Tini Road, next to Fire Station
Town Hall Building
Heugh Road, 6th Avenue Shopping Mall
Cleary Park Shopping Centre
Cnr of Hoog and Long Street
29 Chief Albert Lethuli Street, Despatch
Ablett Street, Opposite Livingstone Hospital
Cnr of Ralo and Uitenhage Roads
Raymond Mhlaba Sport Centre
Alternative payment options:
- At any Post Office locally & throughout South Africa.
- EasyPay - at the following vendors/ branches:- Pick ‘n Pay, Boxer, Shoprite, Checkers, Usave, Checkout, Lewis, Woolworths, JD Group (Hi-Fi Corporation) Makro, Spar (selected), Chevron Group,
- Traffic Department, Sidwell
- At any branch of ABSA Bank (over the counter)
NMBMM Current account no. 4079533826, Branch no. 632005
- Via Internet Banking, including auto-teller machines of all major banks.
Four charity organisations in the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan area have become the latest beneficiaries of the Volkswagen for Good Initiative. The latest donation of R334 338 to the four deserving local charities brings the total amount disbursed...
Back to embrace their wild side at the sixteenth SPAR...
Over 250 delegates from industry, the government and...
As the Proteas stared down the barrel heading into...
Three of the seven suspects, who were arrested by a police...
South African struggle stalwart Ahmed Kathrada believed...
The Eastern Cape MEC for Cooperative Governance and...
A 25-year-old Centane man, Mhleli Ningiza, was handed...
Arguably, from what has been evidenced in the 2017 Super...
Two suspects are expected in court after they...
- Petrol price April 2017: AA predicts fuel price decreases even after fuel levy increases
- Here is your weather picture for Wings and Wheels Festival and IRONMAN weekend
- Over 1 000 police vehicles out of service in the Eastern Cape alone: DA
- Eight suspects expected in Port Elizabeth courts for various crimes
- 'White monopoly capital': an excuse to avoid the real problems!