New Face and Tweaked Rear Suspension for Isuzu KB
- New frontfacia and rear tailgate design
- New gauge cluster design
- Rear suspension tweaked for improved ride comfort
General Motors South Africa (GMSA) has started delivering a facelifted version of the sixth generation Isuzu KB to approved dealers in Southern Africa. The 2016 Isuzu KB boasts some styling changes to the front fascia and rear tailgate as well as a redesigned instrument gauge cluster.
Some of the key changes for the 2016 KB are:
- New front fascia design including changes to bonnet, radiator grille and fog lamps
- New headlamps with projector and integrated LED day time running lights on LX models
- New tailgate styling on extended and double cab models.
- Rearview camera integrated to tailgate handle on LX double cab models
- 4x4 decal on load box
- LX models get stylish new 18 inch alloy wheels
- New 16 inch styled wheel for rest of the range
- New instrument cluster design with improved functionality and gear shift indicator for manual models.
"The new KB looks a lot sleeker and streamlined with a new instrumentation cluster design, improved sound system while maintaining all the key Isuzu characteristics we have come to love. In addition to the new look, 3 litre 4x4 LX Double Cab customers will benefit from additional value as these models now come standard with a towbar, sportsbar, roofrails and power adjustable leather seats," says Brian Olson, Vice President Vehicle Sales, Service, and Marketing General Motors Sub-Saharan Africa.
The 2016 range continues with the proven 2.5 and 3.0 litre diesel engines. The powerful 3.0-litre DTEQ turbocharged diesel with 130kW and 380Nm from the common rail direct injection turbodiesel does duty in top of the range models. Combined Cycle fuel consumption is 7.9 litres per 100 km for 4x4 double cab and extended cab models, dropping to 7.7 litres per 100 km for the 4x2 versions. The single cab 4x2 also returns a figure of 7.7 litres per 100 km, with the 4x4 single cab version consuming 8 litres per 100 km.
A key feature of LX models is a touch screen infotainment system with satellite navigation, internet, WiFi, and smartphone integration. The screen - a 1080p high-definition TFT unit with a generous 6.5-inch dimension - also acts as the display when browsing, or using the DVD player.
The Rear Park Assist reverse camera is now integrated into the rear tailgate handle on all LX double cab models.
Passive entry and start system (PESS) is a keyless entry with Start/Stop ignition button is standard on all LX double cab models. Leather is available as standard on the 4x4 auto and manual double cabs and as an option on 4x2 Double Cab derivatives.
The second powertrain option is the 2.5-litre DTEQ common-rail direct injection turbodiesel, which was introduced last year with 100kW and 320Nm. The 2.5 comes with a variable geometry turbocharger similar to the 3.0 DTEQ engine, which allows for fine management of boost pressure. With a 20 percent increase in torque at 1 200 rpm and a much wider power band compared to its predecessor, all Isuzu models powered by this unit enjoy vastly improved driveability.
Two workhorse models, the 250 Base Single Cab (LEED) and 250 Fleetside single cab (LEED), are equipped with the Direct Injection 4 Cylinder 2.5 Diesel engine which produces 58 kW and 170 Nm and has an impressive combined fuel consumption figure of 7.9 l/100 km.
Revised suspension for a smoother ride
Local engineers covered over a hundred thousand kilometres refining the suspension of the latest model for a smoother rider on all road surfaces. Hi-Rider 4X2 models received new front and rear dampers while 4X4 models received revised rear dampers only. Rebound control was refined to have more compliant characteristics at both low and high piston damper speeds.
The end result is a smoother ride across a greater variety of terrain i.e. improved isolation from high way road vibration and reduced harshness from high impact.
Complete Care equals complete peace of mind
Isuzu has a complete customer care programme aimed at giving customers peace of mind by covering all aftersales related worries under one programme. Isuzu Complete Care covers:
- All routine maintenance, regular servicing and roadside emergencies
- New Vehicle Warranty - Standard 5 Year or 120 000km
- Roadside Assistance for 5 Years or 120 000km
- 5-year/ unlimited mileage anti-corrosion warranty and,
- 5-year/ 90 000 km service plan. Service intervals are 15 000 km or twelve months for all derivatives.
Model Range and Pricing
KB 250 BASE SINGLE CAB (LEED)
R 235 000
KB 250 FLEETSIDE SINGLE CAB (LEED)
R 258 800
KB 250 FLEETSIDE (SAFETY)
R 285 600
KB 250 SINGLE CAB LE
R 334 500
KB 250 4X4 SINGLE CAB LE
R 386 800
KB 300 4X4 SINGLE CAB LX
KB 250 EXTENDED CAB HI-RIDER
R 337 400
KB 300 EXTENDED CAB LX
R 414 000
KB 300 EXTENDED CAB LX (AUTO)
R 427 900
KB 300 4X4 EXTENDED CAB LX
R 474 400
KB 250 DOUBLE CAB HI-RIDER
R 351 300
KB 250 DOUBLE CAB LE
R 435 200
KB 250 Double Cab LE
R 457 400
KB 300 Double Cab LX
R 384 200
KB 300 Double Cab LX (Cloth)
R 486 900
KB 300 Double Cab LX (Auto) (Cloth)
R 501 200
KB 300 4x4 Double Cab LX
R 549 800
KB 300 4x4 Double Cab LX (Auto)
R 563 500
It has been a slow start to the Save South Africa Freedom ...
Two suspects, aged 21 and 28 years old, was arrested shortly...
A crowd of loyal supporters has gathered in front of the City Hall, in Port Elizabeth, where the Democratic Alliance (DA) in the Eastern Cape is hosting its Freedom Day rally....
11 students from the King Hintsa TVET College, Theko and...
With approximately 1420 players in 48 A-teams, 20...
The Democratic Alliance (DA) and Save South Africa ...
One of South Africa’s most experienced cyclists...
The Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality’s Deputy Mayor, Mongameli Bobani, laid charges against Municipal Manager, Johann Metler and Executive Director of Corporate Services, Vuyo Zitumane at the Humewood Police Station on Wednesday.
The Varsity Cup Dream Team was shown up against...
A full-seated crowd at the Kenneth McArthur Athletics...
- 20-year-old Port Elizabeth man busted with illegal firearm
- Port Elizabeth man out on bail for business robbery busted for housebreaking
- VIDEO: Contracts involving over R40 million now part of forensic investigations at City Hall
- Senior Nelson Mandela Bay traffic official arrested for corruption and bribery
- Flight delays as SAA cabin crews embark on strike over meal allowances