New Mthatha SAPS cluster commander appointed
The Provincial Commissioner of the Eastern Cape Lt General Celiwe Binta on Monday announced the appointment of Mthatha Cluster, Maj General Sizakhele William Dyantyi, with effect from 1 November. The position became vacant after the transfer of the previous Cluster Commander, Maj Gen Johan Fourie in October.
“It is my pleasure to announce this appointment today. Maj General Dyantyi is a career police officer with 23 years service. I have no doubt that Major Gen Dyantyi brings with him a wealth of operational and management experience which will serve him well in ensuring that police operational priorities are executed as required and under his guidance police stations in the Cluster will deliver a high standard service to our communities.
"We wish General Dyantyi all the best in his position and call on our communities to assist him and his team of police officers in all their endeavours to make our communities safer,” she said.
The following stations report under Mthatha Cluster: Ngqeleni, Libode, Tsolo, Madeira, Ngangelizwe, Mthatha, Bityi, Dalasile and Ngcobo.
WHO IS SIZAKHELE WILLIAM DYANYTI
Major General Dyantyi matriculated at Wendela Technical High School. He joined SAPS in Elliot in 1992 and trained in Maleoskop in 1994. He started working as a dog handler in Elliot.
* Appointed as an Assistant Constable in 1992
* Appointed as Contable in 1994
* Promoted to Sergeant rank in 1996
* Promoted to Warrant Officer Rank in 1999
* Promoted to Captain in 2000
* Appointed as Station Commander Laignsburg in 2002
* Promoted to Lt Colonel and appointed as Station Commander Mbekweni in 2004
* Promoted to Colonel and appointed as Cluster Commander Vredendal in 2009
* Promoted to Brigadier and appointed as Provincial Commander Visible Policing Western Cape in 2011
* Appointed as Acting Cluster Commander in Khayelitsha in 2013
* Transferred to Overberg Cluster as Cluster Commander in 2015
* Promoted to Maj General and appointed as Cluster Commander Mthatha in 2015
He has progressed through the ranks starting with frontline service in attending to complaints attached to the community service centre. In 2000 he became an officer and in 2002 was appointed as a Laignsburg Station Commander at the rank of a Lt Colonel and in 2004 was appointed as Mbekweni Station Commander.
In 2009 he was promoted to the rank of Colonel and was appointed as the Cluster Commander Vredendal. In 2011 he was promoted to the rank of a Brigadier as the Provincial Commander: Visible Policing. In 2013 he was appointed as Acting Cluster Commander in Khayelitsha and transferred to Overberg Cluster as Cluster Commander in 2015.
In 2015 he was promoted to Major General and appointed as the Cluster Commander Mthatha.
Maj Gen Dyantyi has attained a National Diploma in Police Science, National Certificate in Human Resource Management and a BTech Degree in Policing.
Maj General Dyantyi is currently doing MTech in Policing.
Fun times were had at The Boardwalk on Thursday all in the name of charity. Finalists for the Mr Port Elizabeth UberMANn campaign rolled people around the lake of The Boardwalk to raise funds in aid of the Association for the Physically Disabled (APD) of Nelson Mandela Bay...
As one of South Africa’s most prominent news...
KIA Motors has signed a memorandum of...
The Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) is the...
The trial of disgraced Port Elizabeth businessman, Christopher Panayiotou, and co-accused Sinethemba Nenembe and Zolani Sibeko, resumed in the Port Elizabeth High Court on Friday. Panayiotou and his co-accused are alleged to have orchestrated the faked kidnapping and murder of his wife, Jayde, in April 2015...
Members of iMveli Cycling Academy will be holding a...
The Democratic Alliance (DA) says it will on Friday write to...
Sports car fanatics will be in for a rare treat when over a...
FULL SPEECH - Save South Africa convener, businessman...
Three student leaders from the School of Oriental and African...
- Port Elizabeth man busted with cocaine worth R100 000 disguised as Grandpa sachets
- VIDEO: Top 10 of the most expensive schools in Eastern Cape for 2017
- Panayiotou Murder Trial: Terry Price and Captain Kanna Swanepoel lock horns
- Port Elizabeth anglers rescued at Cape Recife after being cut off by high tide
- Two arrested shortly after business robbery at Sunridge Mall in Port Elizabeth