New Mthatha SAPS cluster commander appointed
The Provincial Commissioner of the Eastern Cape Lt General Celiwe Binta on Monday announced the appointment of Mthatha Cluster, Maj General Sizakhele William Dyantyi, with effect from 1 November. The position became vacant after the transfer of the previous Cluster Commander, Maj Gen Johan Fourie in October.
“It is my pleasure to announce this appointment today. Maj General Dyantyi is a career police officer with 23 years service. I have no doubt that Major Gen Dyantyi brings with him a wealth of operational and management experience which will serve him well in ensuring that police operational priorities are executed as required and under his guidance police stations in the Cluster will deliver a high standard service to our communities.
"We wish General Dyantyi all the best in his position and call on our communities to assist him and his team of police officers in all their endeavours to make our communities safer,” she said.
The following stations report under Mthatha Cluster: Ngqeleni, Libode, Tsolo, Madeira, Ngangelizwe, Mthatha, Bityi, Dalasile and Ngcobo.
WHO IS SIZAKHELE WILLIAM DYANYTI
Major General Dyantyi matriculated at Wendela Technical High School. He joined SAPS in Elliot in 1992 and trained in Maleoskop in 1994. He started working as a dog handler in Elliot.
* Appointed as an Assistant Constable in 1992
* Appointed as Contable in 1994
* Promoted to Sergeant rank in 1996
* Promoted to Warrant Officer Rank in 1999
* Promoted to Captain in 2000
* Appointed as Station Commander Laignsburg in 2002
* Promoted to Lt Colonel and appointed as Station Commander Mbekweni in 2004
* Promoted to Colonel and appointed as Cluster Commander Vredendal in 2009
* Promoted to Brigadier and appointed as Provincial Commander Visible Policing Western Cape in 2011
* Appointed as Acting Cluster Commander in Khayelitsha in 2013
* Transferred to Overberg Cluster as Cluster Commander in 2015
* Promoted to Maj General and appointed as Cluster Commander Mthatha in 2015
He has progressed through the ranks starting with frontline service in attending to complaints attached to the community service centre. In 2000 he became an officer and in 2002 was appointed as a Laignsburg Station Commander at the rank of a Lt Colonel and in 2004 was appointed as Mbekweni Station Commander.
In 2009 he was promoted to the rank of Colonel and was appointed as the Cluster Commander Vredendal. In 2011 he was promoted to the rank of a Brigadier as the Provincial Commander: Visible Policing. In 2013 he was appointed as Acting Cluster Commander in Khayelitsha and transferred to Overberg Cluster as Cluster Commander in 2015.
In 2015 he was promoted to Major General and appointed as the Cluster Commander Mthatha.
Maj Gen Dyantyi has attained a National Diploma in Police Science, National Certificate in Human Resource Management and a BTech Degree in Policing.
Maj General Dyantyi is currently doing MTech in Policing.
Following days of uncertainty after African National Congress (ANC) Eastern Cape Provincial Executive Committee (PEC) member, Andile Lungisa, controversially contested and won...
Several anti-crime operations that were conducted by...
Eastern Cape police on Monday appealed to the public for...
The Democratic Alliance (DA) on Monday said that...
The Headmaster of St George’s Preparatory School, Mr Alex Hall...
With the objective of opening the world of literature to the...
The St Andrew’s College 1st XV got off to a dream...
The African National Congress (ANC) in the Nelson Mandela...
Did you know 1 in 4 children experience vision problems...
Noragi Elsie Zamela’s long wait for confirmation of her ...
- Police intercept drugs worth R1.5 million destined for Eastern Cape, two men and woman arrested
- Police investigating after PE doctor robbed at gunpoint at his surgery
- Three men expected in court for Uitenhage house robbery
- Over 1 000 police vehicles out of service in the Eastern Cape alone: DA
- NMMU Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship award recipients ready to do proud