Orion Group Certified As A Top Employer For Third Consecutive Year
TheOrion Group is proud to announce that they have been officially certified as a Top Employer for the third consecutive year.
The annual international research undertaken by the Top Employers Institute recognises leading employers around the world. The research delves into employee conditions, the nurturing and development of talent (throughout all levels), and the continuous optimisation of employment practices. After much deliberation, the Orion Group has been awarded the exclusive Top Employers South Africa 2015 certification.
The Top Employers Institute globally certifies excellence in the conditions that employers create for their people. It has just announced the results of this year’s research into the employee conditions of significant employers in South Africa. Orion Group is one of the select organisations to achieve the Top Employers South Africa 2015 certification and delighted to be officially recognised as a leading employer.
Crucial to the Top Employers process is that participating companies must complete a stringent research process and meet the required high standard in order to achieve the certification. To further reinforce the validity of the process, all answers were independently audited, meaning this research has verified Orion Group’s outstanding employee conditions and earned them a coveted spot among a choice group of certified Top Employers.
The Top Employers Institute assessed Orion Group’s employee offerings on the following criteria:
• Talent Strategy
• Workforce Planning
• Learning & Development
• Performance Management
• Leadership Development
• Career & Succession Management
• Compensation & Benefits
Samantha Crous, Regional Director South Africa and Benelux for the Top Employers Institute: “Optimal employee conditions ensure that people can develop themselves personally and professionally. Our comprehensive research concluded that Orion Group provides an outstanding employment environment and offers a wide range of creative initiatives, from secondary benefits and working conditions, to performance-management programmes that are well thought out and truly aligned with the culture of their company.”
Andre Van Der Merwe, the Group People Development Manager for Orion said that he was one of many proud Orion staffers who celebrated the certification.“Orion is very proud of the fact that we are the only hotel group that obtained certification status for 2015. One of the key factors that lead to this monumental achievement is the fact that Orion Group has such an entrenched coaching culture. Even while being audited, the auditors were impressed by Orion’s coaching methodology. Orion Group is proud to be among the top brands in the country. On behalf of everyone at Orion, more especially Mr and Mrs. Gmeiner, I would like to thank each and every person who made this possible. Our business is growing and getting better every day in every way,” he added.
To learn more about the Top Employers Institute and the Top Employers certification visit: www.top-employers.com.
Official top employers South Africa 2015 certified participants (In alphabetical order):
- Abbott Laboratories South Africa
- AbbVie (Pty)Ltd
- Accenture SA (Pty) Ltd
- Adidas SA (Pty) Ltd
- African Rainbow Minerals Limited
- AfriSam (South Africa) (Pty) Ltd
- Airports Company South Africa
- Anglo American Platinum Limited
- Avanade South Africa (Pty) Ltd
- BASF Holdings South Africa (Pty) Ltd
- Becton Dickinson (Pty) Ltd
- British American Tobacco SA
- Clicks Group Limited
- Clientele Life
- Coca-Cola SA (Pty) Ltd
- Coega Development Corporation
- Denel Land Systems, a division of Denel (Pty) Ltd
- Dimension Data
- Dow Southern Africa (Pty) Ltd
- Edward Nathan Sonnenbergs Inc
- EMC Computer Systems SA (Pty) Ltd
- Estée Lauder South Africa
- Foskor (Pty) Ltd
- G4S South Africa
- Goodyear Tyre and Rubber Holdings (Pty) Ltd
- Group Five
- Hilti South Africa
- Howden Africa (Pty) Ltd
- IBM South Africa (Pty) Ltd
- Imperial Holdings
- Joburg Market
- Kimberly Clark of South Africa
- Kumba Iron Ore
- Legal Aid SA
- Liberty Group Ltd
- Thermo Fisher Scientific – Life Sciences Solutions Group
- McCarthy VW Audi
- Merchants SA (Pty) Ltd
- MTN (Pty) Ltd
- Mutual & Federal Insurance Company
- Neotel (Pty) Ltd
- Novartis SA (Pty) Ltd
- Novo Nordisk (Pty) Ltd
- NWK Limited/Beperk
- Old Mutual
- OneLogix (Pty) Ltd
- Orion Hotels and Resorts (Pty) Ltd
- Peninsula Beverage Company (Pty) Ltd
- Safripol (Pty) Ltd
- Saint-Gobain Construction Products SA (Pty) Ltd
- Samancor Chrome Limited
- Samsung Electronics SA (Pty) Ltd
- SAP South Africa
- SAS Institute
- Sasol Group of Companies
- Sedibeng Brewery
- Simba (Pty) Ltd
- State Information Technology Agency (SITA)
- Tata Consultancy Services (SA) (Pty) Ltd
- Telesure Investment Holdings (Pty) Ltd
- Telkom SA Ltd The Effectiveness Company
- The Spar Group
- Total South Africa (Pty) Ltd
- Unilever South Africa
- Vodacom Group Ltd
- Volkswagen Group South Africa
- Webber Wentzel Management Services
Photo Caption: The Orion Group is proud to announce that they have been officially certified as a Top Employer for the third consecutive year. Image: Supplied.
The explosive growth of Business to Consumer (B2C) has created a lot of attention over the past few years as more and more businesses opt to sell their products and services online.
It was very easy to be pessimistic...
Pail Pac recently took delivery of 2 x E18...
Putcomafani Consulting (PMC), a full-service, national marketing...
The Coega Development Corporation...
Global Credit Ratings (GCR) has affirmed the national...
According to the 2016 IMF Working Paper...
Four talented women are among architects from...
Gaye le Roux, Professor Emeritus and former Head...
- NMMU expresses shock at discriminatory comments allegedly made by staff member
- Buffalo City Municipality ANC Councillor bunks all meetings since August 2016; DA wants her gone
- The Great Moscow Circus Big Top Goes Up at The Boardwalk!!
- Alexandria man in court for possession of drugs and stolen property worth R120 000
- Port Elizabeth schools – ready, set, RECYCLE and win!