Over 85 000 applications received at NMMU for 2017
While the higher education sector has been facing widespread protest action following the announcement on fees for 2017 by Minister Blade Nzimande, the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (NMMU) says that it is proceeding with its admissions processes for 2017.
"Our Admissions Office is open and we are processing all under- and postgraduate applications as they are submitted," it said.
"However, given NMMU’s six-week shutdown and the recent protest action on various campuses, our admissions processes have been delayed.
"Please be assured, however, that we are committed to ensuring that all applicants who applied to NMMU are informed of their application status as soon as possible."
The NMMU said that has received just over 85 000 applications for 2017.
"All our resources are being utilised to process all these applications before the end of this year.
"Prospective students, parents and other stakeholders are kindly requested to be patient given the challenges, as we finalise the NMMU 2017 intake in the next two months. Prospective students will be informed of the outcome of their application via e-mail or sms," the university said.
"NMMU’s Centre for Access Assessment & Research (CAAR) has also been conducting scheduled access assessment tests at various other centres in Port Elizabeth and George, as well as at their remote testing sites.
"These tests are presently being conducted off campus and prospective students who need to book a test can phone (041) 504 2918 during office hours.
"An academic completion plan started on Monday to complete the 2016 academic year. This means the 2017 intake will proceed as planned."
Applicants who have not yet received the outcome of their application, can check their admission status at:
or e-mail [email protected]
"We would like to thank all stakeholders for their continued support and encouragement in the current difficult circumstances."
After the devastation caused by a fire in Theesecombe and Kamma Heights on Tuesday, another fire broke out in the Circular Drive area of Lorraine, Port Elizabeth, on Wednesday morning, unsettling many residents, who had witnessed the Tuesday. At the time of publishing, the cause and overall damage...
Today at Montecasino, in the heart of Fourways...
At the beginning of 2016, DSG launched a bold new initiative...
Many businesses face a multitude of challenges in the...
Sunday sees the last round of the popular aQuellé Ocean...
The Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality on Wednesday...
The Telkom Knockout final has come at the perfect time to...
Earlier this year, we reported that Ford had expanded...
The Independent Electoral Commission (IEC) on Wednesday...
- Port Alfred police appeal for assistance in locating missing woman
- ‘Looks like Armageddon’: Massive veld fire leaves bush and home destroyed in Theesecombe/Kamma Heights
- The best value medical cover for employees with Medimed
- The Top 10 Restaurants in the Eastern Cape in 2016
- 'We are doing all that we can to continue our testing': NMMU