Owners note that Armed Forces Week events may upset your pets
The South African National Defense Force (SANDF) is aware of the fact that some events being held during the course of Armed Forces Week in the Nelson Mandela Bay may impact negatively on pets in the area.
Owners are requested to take note of the following times when, gun fire, explosions, low flying aircraft noise will be heard - the aircraft will be flying over the entire city and will cause the loudest noise:
*THURSDAY 18 February
various times in the afternoon (Aircraft)
19H30 to 20H30 during the night shoot (Guns and Aircraft)
*FRIDAY 19 February
10H00 to 16H00 (Guns and Aircraft)
*SATURDAY 20 February
10H00 to 16H00 (Guns / Explosions / Aircraft)
*SUNDAY 21 February
10H00 to 14H00 (Guns / Explosions / Aircraft)
Residents are to be aware that the noise will not be continuous during the periods indicated, but these are the times when it will start and finish
As indicated the Night Shoot gunfire will come from the KINGS BEACH area
The position for the ceremonial guns will be on Beach Road in front of Lodge Road for the Capability demonstration the will be pyrotechnic (Fire Works) explosions on KINGS BEACH close to MacArther Pools
**The aircraft will be flying OVER THE ENTIRE CITY and will cause the LOUDEST noise**
ANIMAL EMERGENCY NUMBERS FOR AFFECTED AREAS
*ANIMAL WELFARE SOCIETY – WALMER
Hannes - 083 650 6228
Dan - 083 607 2198
Edward - 083 650 6229
*EC HORSE CARE (Only Donkeys or Horses)
Megan - 072 357 2505
*ANIMAL ANTI CRUELTY LEAGUE
Beverly - 082 654 2852
*VOLUNTEERS ON STANDBY
Bronwin 078 544 7787 – DOMESTIC ANIMAL CARE – WALMER TOWNSHIP
Karien 079 667 8667 – AACL
Raeez 084 635 6240 – LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER
Lindill 082 882 4927 – LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER
INJURED ANIMALS – ANY PRIVATE VETERINARY PRACTICE (ALSO AFTER HOURS) OR THE ABOVE NUMBERS
(OPEN 24 HOURS) Animal Welfare Society, Victoria Drive, Walmer or
9th Avenue Veterinary Clinic, 9th Ave, Walmer (083 985 1668)
*REPORT LOST AND FOUND PETS VIA WHATSAPP FOR NETWORKING PURPOSES:
(Please whatapp photo of lost/found animal, gender, contact number of owner and area lost / found)
Marizanne - 083 446 6180
Nikki - 078 451 8093
PET CARE TIPS
* ANIMALS are more sensitive to loud noises, they may get frightened and run away/ jump walls/ fences and go through windows to escape the noise and injure themselves
* NO animal should be chained or tethered
* CALMING TABLETS are available at any veterinary clinic
* LEAVE pets inside the house where they can feel safe and hide – outside pets please put in your garage or outside toilet
* IT is best not to leave your pet unattended
* PUT a collar and tag around your pets neck with your contact number in case it gets lost – if you can take a photo of your pet
* IF possible play calming music to your pet or put on the TV inside the house
Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality Councillors had the opportunity to familiarize themselves with draft legislation to deal with the headache of problem buildings and spatial planning during a two-day workshop this week...
The Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (NMMU) on...
The Airports Company South Africa (ACSA) has reminded...
Coming to the end of the year I am under a lot of pressure...
The official trailer for the third Wolverine movie...
The records from a phone allegedly used by Port Elizabeth...
Three men are expected in court soon after they were...
University authorities in South Africa have agreed to...
It is a while since I have driven a vehicle in BMW’s ubiquitous...
South Africa's withdrawal from the ICC could have mere...
- NMMU #FeesMustFall calls for a 'ceasefire' - but only for Friday!
- NMMU lambasted for giving parents and students 'false' assurances of safety
- Money owed to Eastern Cape municipalities climbs to R8.2 billion: DA
- What must fall: fees or the South African state?
- New Kouga Municipality council takes strong stance on stray animals