PARIS TERROR Part 5: Suspects killed
French police have confirmed that the brothers responsible for the killing of 12 people at the office of French satirical magazine, Charlie Hedbo, have been killed following a raid on a warehouse in the town of Dammartin-en-Goele, near Charles de Gaulle airport.
According to Sky News, Said and Cherif Kouachi were killed within ten seconds after shooting at police. A 26-year old man held hostage by the brothers, has been rushed to safety unharmed.
The brother’s deaths comes moments before four people, including one attacker, were killed in a second hostage drama in a Paris kosher grocery with police earlier reporting that 32-year old Amedy Coulibaly and Hayat Boumeddiene (26), were responsible for the death of 25-year old police woman, Clarissa Jean-Philippe, shortly after the attack on the magazine. It remains unclear as to which suspect had been killed.
Officials had also revealed that Coulibaly had ties to the same Yemen based jihadi extremist group as the Kouachi’s and that both shootings were indeed linked.
IMAGE sourced from Sky News
The short stand-off at the post office in the Persian suburb of Colombes has ended with the man being taken into police custody. As reported earlier, police believe that he is suffering from a mental illness and have not linked with the terror attacks two weeks ago. No shots were fired and all the hostages have been released without incident.
An unknown man, reportedly brandishing a Kalashnikov rifle and grenades, has taken at least five people hostage at a post office in the Parisian suburb of Colombes.
French police are investigating the scene of a robbery at a petrol station in the north of country, reportedly committed by the two gunmen responsible for the attack on the satirical Charlie Hebdo magazine yesterday, in which 12 people were killed.
Well-known local cartoonist Johnathan Shapiro, otherwise known as Zapiro, has described the attack on French satirical magazine, Charlie Hebdo, as “worst attack on journalism, satirists, the press, and all free thinkers in society that we have seen in recent times”.
The South African Government joins the international community in condemning the calculated and barbaric terrorist attack on 7 January 2015, against journalists and members of the public in Paris, France, which is reported to have claimed the lives of at least 12 individuals.
French police have identified the two men responsible for killing 12 people, including two police men as well as the editor and three cartoonists, during the shootout yesterday morning at the office of Paris-based satirical magazine, Charlie Hebdo.
The lawyer for French satirical magazine, Charlie Hebdo, has reportedly confirmed the deaths of editor-in-chief Stephane Charbonnier as well as cartoonist Jean Cabut, Bernhard Verlhac and Georges Wollinski in a suspected terror attack at the publication’s office in Paris.
Twelve people are believed to have been killed in a suspected terror attack on a media house in the French capital Paris late Wednesday afternoon.
Liverpool is hoping to make an agreement with Lille OSC for the return of Belgium striker, Divock Origi, six months earlier than planned.
St Francis Bay, with its long beaches, wide river estuary and beautiful suburbs, is a delightful village that offers plenty of fun for the whole family...
- NMMU #FeesMustFall calls for a 'ceasefire' - but only for Friday!
- NMMU lambasted for giving parents and students 'false' assurances of safety
- Money owed to Eastern Cape municipalities climbs to R8.2 billion: DA
- What must fall: fees or the South African state?
- Despite disruptions, NMMU says it remains committed to completing academic year