Pokémon GO PE host first successful charity event
The Pokémon GO group of Port Elizabeth, in collaboration with The Boardwalk, on Sunday hosted their first ever successful charity event.
Pokémon GO players were urged to bring donations of pet food and blankets that would be distributed to two animal shelters in PE.
The group met up at The Boardwalk Amphitheatre where the group admins explained how the hunt would work and what time to return for the lucky draw. The group then proceeded to walk around The Boardwalk and hunt Pokémon, either in groups or solo.
After an hour of walking and capturing Pokémon, the group met up again at the Amphitheatre for the lucky draws that were being held. The two winners of the lucky draws were Brandon Long and Felix Milnar.
The event was a huge success with tons of food donations made, from dry pellets to cans of food, and blankets. The Boardwalk was also offering specials for the Pokémon GO players during the day at certain stores.
Due to the great success of this event, it is certain that Pokémon GO PE will host more charity events in the future.
On Saturday, the Port Elizabeth Aikido association...
The Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (NMMU) choir
Parents often give their children paper and...
You might be wondering, how is International...
The Student Representative Council (SRC) at the...
The South African National Roads Agency Limited...
Around 1 000 women from the Eastern Cape left...
- NMMU students bag Mandela Rhodes Scholarships for postgraduates
- Goods worth R52 000 recovered after detectives track down housebreaking suspect via stolen phone
- Alleged Upstand Dogs gang member arrested after appearing at court to support fellow gangsters
- LATEST UPDATE on Garden Route wildfires
- Facing punitive tariffs from Nelson Mandela Bay, Kouga Council looks to impose water restrictions