Protest action breaks-out again in Walmer Township
Port Elizabeth police reportedly had to use stun grenades and rubber bullets to disperse angry residents of Walmer Township, after protest actions broke out again this morning.
According reports, Victoria Drive has been completely closed off with Buffelsfontein and Heugh Road remaining open for now. A large police presence is reportedly being maintained with drivers asked to make use of alternative routes.
- Tragedy averted as father and son rescued in Port Elizabeth
- Traffic advisory - Controlled blasting on the N2 between Dutywa and Mthatha
- Eastern Cape farmers brace for new national minimum wage
- Over 100 arrested in King Williams Town over the weekend - 30 for drunk driving
- Kirkwood police appeal to public for help after woman's body found in irrigation canal