Rains bring some respite from heat
About 10mm and 12mm of rain were recorded in Uitenhage and Lorraine respectively while 22mm were recorded in the Patensie area when some rains started falling over most of the province on Wednesday night, the SA Weather Services office in Port Elizabeth said.
"This caused some relief from the recent spate of hot weather," described Garth Sampson, SA Weather Services Client Liaison Officer for the Eastern Cape..
Rainfall measured for the last 24 hours ending 08h00 this morning 07/01/2016
- Airport 3 mm
- Blue Horizon Bay 8 mm
- Elands River 6 mm
- Riverstone Bridge 6 mm
- St Albans 8 mm
- Uitenhage 10 mm
- Loraine 12 mm
- Plettenberg Bay 20 mm
- Mossel Bay 19 mm
- George 34 mm
- East London 4 mm
- Mthatha 2 mm
- Addo 8 mm
- Joubertina 2 mm
- Kareedouw 9 mm
- Patensie 22 mm
- Kouga Dam 6 mm
Three men are expected in court on Monday after they were...
Deputy President Cyril Ramaphosa says industry must partner...
Police in KwaZakhele, Port Elizabeth, are investigating a case of business robbery, which occurred at about 16:30 on Friday. "It...
In association with Belgotex Sport – Greenfields SA, South Africa’s...
The Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality on Friday advised...
The economic transformation discussion...
The South African National Roads Agency (SANRAL) would...
The Master Builders Association (MBA) of Eastern Cape hosted...
Members of the Bloemfontein Flying Squad dealt a heavy...
Disgruntled Road Accident Fund (RAF) employees, who are...
- Ster-Kinekor closing cinemas at Greenacres as focus shifts to premium experiences
- Seven injured after elevator plunges to the ground at Mount Road police station
- Port Elizabeth border police confiscate three containers from Nigeria
- Police intercept drugs worth R1.5 million destined for Eastern Cape, two men and woman arrested
- 21-year-old woman fatally stabs 40-year-old brother alleging he raped her since age 7