Renault Duster SUV MY16 has arrived
Anyone and everyone in the market for an SUV offering a host of value-adds and with an affordable price tag to boot, will be impressed with the tangible advancements and enhancements made to Renault’s popular Duster model. Renault Duster SUV MY16 has arrived and is ready to rock South African roads this summer.
Renault Duster’s success is a global tale and with Duster driving sales in excess of 10 000 units since its September 2013 launch in SA, Duster MY16 is writing the next chapter.
The first Renault model designed to meet stringent European standards - yet be capable of conquering international markets where usage and road conditions are considerably more rugged - three years down the track, Duster continues to be a formidable contender in South Africa’s B-SUV segment.
PRODUCT TWEAKS INSIDE & OUT = TANGIBLE ENHANCEMENTS
While Duster MY16 model variants remain the same, exciting new product enhancements give each a fresh new look and feel.
Duster 1.6 77kW Expression 4x2
Duster 1.5 80kW dCi Dynamique 4x2
Duster 1.6 77kW Dynamique 4x2
Duster 1.5 80kW dCi Dynamique 4x4
- Trendy new black alloys
- Ultra-modernised front headlamps and rear tail lights
- Rear camera standard on Dynamique models
- Electric rear windows now standard on Expression models
- Drive away lock standard on all variants
- New streamlined centre console
- Refreshed fabric on inner seat segments and door panels underscores modern interior look and feel
- Additional colour choices
- 7” MediaNav® touchscreen on-board navigation (Dynamique variants only)
- Cruise control standard on all variants
- Dynamique 4x4 comes with three transmission modes
- Leather optional on all three Dynamique derivatives: the petrol-powered 1.6 4x2 and the 1.5 4x2 and 4x4 diesel derivatives
- Rear camera standard on Dynamique models
The perfect fit for South African roads, Renault Duster MY16 is equally at home on highways, in cities and suburbs as it is off the beaten track and presses all the right buttons for a drivers with diverse demands behind the wheel.
A traditional SUV, the versatile Duster MY16 is tough, unpretentious and designed to unlock the adventurer in all of us. Rugged and reliable, Duster is just the ticket to take the family almost anywhere.
As before, the upgraded Renault Duster variants come with a choice of two power plants:
- The 1.6 77kW normally aspirated petrol engine (Expression and Dynamique 4x2 models)
- The 1.5 dCi turbo diesel engine (Dynamique 4x2 and 4x4 models). While this new generation engine derived from Renault’s Formula 1 engine expertise ticks all the boxes in terms of power and performance, delivering 4.8 litres/100km, its fuel efficiency is unparalleled.
In an era where fuel costs continue to see-saw, with Duster’s well-proven fuel efficiency, owning a Renault Duster MY16 makes more sense than ever.
RANGE & PRICING:
A plus for customers, new and old, is that every model in the Renault Duster MY16 range carries the same price tag as previously.
- Duster 1.6 Expression 4x2 77kW petrol R 239 900
- Duster 1.6 Dynamique 4x2 77kW petrol R 259 900
- Duster 1.5 dCi Dynamique 4x2 80kW diesel R 279 900
- Duster 1.5 dCi Dynamique 4x4 80kW diesel R 304 900
As is the case across Renault’s entire product range, Renault Duster MY16 models come standard with a 5-year/150 000km mechanical warranty, a 3-year/45 000km service plan (with service intervals at 15 000km intervals) and a 6-year anti-corrosion warranty.
Start of sales: Mid-October 2016
Ford South Africa on Monday issued a safety recall for Ford...
Due to restricted stadium renovations that are being applied...
Oxigen has signed a sponsorship deal with...
Diligence on the part of Alexandria Detectives resulted in the interception and arrest of a man transporting stolen goods from Kenton on Sea to Port Elizabeth over the weekend. According to local police, on Sunday, at about 10:30, Sergeant Sunet Bakkes...
King William’s Town police are requesting community assistance...
Chippa United have built a reputation around their passing...
The Pink Ladies, a non-profit organisation, which assists...
South Africa has estimated a R350 billion annual...
South African motorists can expect another fuel price...
The Eastern Cape Provincial Legislature Portfolio Committee...
- 18-year-old male drowns in PE spear fishing tragedy
- Stolen electronics valued at R80 000 and destined for PE intercepted in Alexandria
- One of Port Elizabeth's most wanted gangsters expected in court after weekend arrest
- Another fuel price hike predicated at the end of January
- Two killed, one wounded in Bloemendal weekend shooting