Sarah Baartman District Municipality submits financial statements to AG’s office
The Sarah Baartman District Municipality submitted its financial statements for the last financial year to the Auditor General’s office on the 29th of August – and on deadline.
After achieving seven consecutive Unqualified Audit opinions– an unprecedented feat in the Eastern Cape, the municipality is hoping to get the coveted prize of municipal financial management, a Clean Audit opinion, this time round.
Executive Mayor of the Sarah Baartman District Municipality, Khunjuzwa Eunice Kekana, has always reiterated that the municipality was making a concerted effort to attain a Clean Audit in 2014.
Photo Caption: COULD IT BE A CLEAN AUDIT THIS TIME? Municipal Manager of the Sarah Baartman District Municipality, Ted Pillay, hands over the municipality’s financial statements to Sharon Schneider, Audit Manager from the Auditor General’s office. Also present were the Financial Manager for the Sarah Baartman District Municipality, Riaaz Lorgat (left) and the Chief Financial Officer of the Sarah Baartman District Municipality, Danie de Lange (right)
- Alexandria man in court for possession of drugs and stolen property worth R120 000
- Man in police custody after being caught raping teenage girl
- NMMU expresses shock at discriminatory comments allegedly made by staff member
- Police investigating after man drowns in St Francis Bay
- Eastern Cape receives billions in investments