Schools sports update: Woodridge College pupils excel
Here is your Woodridge College weekend sports update, compiled by Anthony de Villiers, Woodridge College Director of Marketing.
- AMICA DE JAGER - SOUTH AFRICAN PROTEA JUNIOR SURF LIFE SAVING TEAM
Following on her excellent results at SA Surf Lifesaving Championships in March, Amica did very well this past weekend at the SA Stillwater Lifesaving National Championships held in Durban from 28 April to 01 May where she achieved the following:
- SA u17 Champion 200m Obstacle Race (set new SA u17 record)
- SA u17 Champion Long Swim
- SA u17 Champion Run Swim Run
- SA u17 50m Manikin Rescue - Silver Medal
- SA u17 Iron Man - Silver Medal
- SA u17 Malibu Board - Silver Medal
Due to her outstanding efforts at both these events have culminated in her selection to the SOUTH AFRICAN PROTEA JUNIOR SURF LIFESAVING TEAM to compete at World Lifesaving Championships in the Netherlands later this year. Amica has also been selected to represent South Africa at World Stillwater Championships in Germany too.
- CRYSTAL HULETT - SOUTH AFRICAN U18 LADIES LONGBOARD SURFING CHAMPION
At the South African Longboard Surfing Championships held at Mossel Bay over the past weekend, Woodridge College surfer Crystal Hulett was crowned as the South African u18 Ladies Longboard Champion.
Crustal claimed the u16 titles for both Shortboard and Longboard in 2015 and was also awarded National Colours for Surfing.
- DYLAN MULLER - EASTERN CAPE SHOW JUMPING CHAMPION
Over this past weekend at the Eastern Cape Junior Show Jumping Championships in east London, Woodridge College rider Dylan Muller riding on Woodridge Tiger Moon achieved the following outstanding results:
- 1st Place - 1,3m Show Jumping Accumulator Class
- 1st Place - 1,3m Show Jumping Speed Class and
- Eastern Province Junior Show Jumping Champion. He was also the 2015 South African Under 18 Show Jumping Victor Ludorum.
- LAUREN BOOYSEN – SOUTH AFRICAN LADIES CRICKET SQUAD
Lauren who has already been selected for the South African Schools Girls cricket side in 2014 and 2015 has been included in the National Ladies squad.
- SOLEIL BOTHA – SOUTH AFRICAN GIRLS UNDER 17 100M SPRINT CHAMPION
2016 South African u17 100m Sprint Champion, she is still under 16 and ran an electronic sub-12 second 100m.
- JADE DE KLERK – SOUTH AFRICAN UNDER 19 CRICKET SIDE
Jade de Klerk was selected for the South African under 19 Cricket side which is due to tour Sri Lanka later in the year. He is currently in Grade 11 and turns 17 this year and therefore has an exceptionally bright cricketing future ahead of him.
Main image: The Woodridge pupils in the photo are: (from left to right) Crystal Hulett (SA under 18 Longboard Champion) Lauren Booysen (SA Ladies Cricket training squad member) Amica de Jager (Protea Junior Lifesaving Team) Soleil Botha (2016 South African u17 100m Sprint Champion) Dylan Muller (Eastern Cape 2016 Junior Show Jumping Champion).
Second image: Jade de Klerk with Quintin de Kock at the SA cricket awards ceremony in 2015.
Sergeant Kayeni Malila, of Motherwell SAPS, was recognised...
All three suspects, including a teenager, who are alleged to...
The members of African Drumbeat attended the...
Jet Club in partnership with Educor launched...
Ah, salt. We love its taste and yearn to use it liberally in our...
The New Year has begun and for many this is a time to...
A 33-year-old woman is expected in court on Monday after...
Eastern Cape police on Friday appealed to the public for...
Public Enterprises Minister Lynne Brown has instructed Eskom...
The South African Communist Party (SACP) in the Eastern...
- Case against men who kidnapped woman outside Peddie court and murdered her postponed
- First cop on scene after elderly American couple is hijacked recognised
- Two killed after gunmen open fire at family, police appeal for leads
- Two men in custody for house robberies in East London - more arrests expected
- Kouga Local Municipality was 'packed with holidaymakers' over festive season: Mayor