Shakes Mashaba chooses a 24-man squad for Sudan match
Bafana Bafana coach Shakes Mashaba has named the final 24-man squad that will be travelling to Sudan on Wednesday ahead of a 2015 African Cup of Nations (AFCON) qualifier match on Friday. The match will be played at the Khartoum stadium at 20:00.
"I am glad with this group of players I am travelling with. We are going there to fight, make no mistake," said Mashaba.
The group will then travel to Cape Town after the match against Sudan, in preparation for their match against Nigeria, on the 10th of September at the Cape Town Stadium.
The final 24-man squad to play against Sudan is:
- Darren Keet (KV Kortrijkm, Belgium)
- Senzo Meyiwa (Orlando Pirates)
- Dumisani Msibi (SuperSport United)
- Anele Ngcongca (Racing Genk, Belgium)
- Ayabulela Magqwaka (Ajax Cape Town)
- Sibusiso Khumalo (SuperSport United)
- Thulani Hlatshwayo (Bidvest Wits)
- Erick Mathoho (Kaizer Chiefs)
- Thabo Matlaba (Orlando Pirates)
- Rivaldo Coetzee (Ajax Cape Town)
- Ramahlwe Mphahlele (Mamelodi Sundowns)
- Themba Zwane (Mamelodi Sundowns)
- Sibusiso Vilakazi (Bidvest Wits)
- Oupa Manyisa (Orlando Pirates)
- Andile Jali (KV Oostende, Belgium)
- Dean Furman (Doncaster Rovers, England)
- Mandla Masango (Kaizer Chiefs)
- Keagan Dolly (Ajax Cape Town)
- Kamohelo Mokotjo (FC Twente, Netherlands)
- Tokelo Rantie (AFC Bournemouth, England)
- Bongani Ndulula (AmaZulu)
- David Zulu (Chippa United)
- Ntsikelelo Nyauza (Orlando Pirates)
- Nhlakanipho Ntuli (FC Twente, Netherlands).
Photo courtesy of www.90mins.co.za
WSU is set to enjoy at least three televised matches during their debut season in the FNB Varsity Football challenge kicking off on Monday night 20 July.
Burnley Football Club has secured the signing of Norwegian midfielder, Fredrik Ulvestad, on a three year contract, following the 22-year-old’s impressive skills during training at Turf Moor.
Orlando Pirates midfielder, Sifiso Myeni, has said that his team should not underestimate Chippa United, when they clash in their Premier Soccer League (PSL) match at the Orlando Stadium this evening.
Platinum Stars coach, Allan Freese, has praised his team for their hard fought 1-0 victory against Moroka Swallows, in their ABSA Premiership Soccer League (PSL) match at the Royal Bafokeng Stadium on Sunday.
Mamelodi Sundowns midfielder, Teko Modise, has said that he has not given up hope of playing for Bafana Bafana again, even though he has been absent from the team for almost two years.
Kaizer Chiefs head coach, Stuart Baxter, has said that Itumeleng Khune will be placed back in the goals when his team clashes with Edu Sports for the Nedbank Cup first round match at the FNB Stadium in Soweto on Saturday afternoon.
Chippa United are currently negotiating with Mamelodi Sundowns in order to sign over Thamsanqa Sangweni on a permanent basis.
Kaizer Chiefs coach, Stuart Baxter, has said he has no idea how his side lost 2-0 against SuperSport United during their ABSA Premier Soccer League (PSL) match at the Lucas Moripe Stadium on Tuesday evening.
Kaizer Chiefs coach, Stuart Baxter, has said that he will be “keeping an eye on” midfielder, George Lebese’s mental fitness during training, following accusations of abuse.
- Change has come to the Bay: Mayor Athol Trollip gives his 100 days progress report
- Port Elizabeth police make public appeal for assistance after dangerous insecticide is stolen
- Another ex Joe Gqabi Municipality employee arrested over R600 000 fraud
- Cohen Property Developments wins Greyvensteins Attorneys Developer of the Year Award
- Another extremely hot day expected over Eastern Cape on Tuesday