Shaun Blunden bail bid resumes today

JUNE 30, 2015

The bail hearing of Blunden Coach Tours owner, Shaun Blunden, is expected to resume in the Port Elizabeth Magistrate's Court on Tuesday. The hearing has already been postponed twice last week since Blunden's arrest.

Blunden, who was transferred from the Humewood police holding cells to St Albans prison last week, faces two charges of attempted murder, a charge of malicious damage to property and a further charge of intimidation after he allegedly shot his sister's ex-husband on June 20.

The shooting reportedly followed an altercation at his mother’s home.

The charge of intimidation was added after his family members had reportedly confronted witnesses.

Shooting

A domestic dispute between Blunden and his niece, Kaylin Williams, turned violent when her father, and Blunden's former brother-in-law, Deon Williams, 51, tried to intervene resulting in the latter being admitted to the ICU with a gunshot wound in the stomach.

He made a brief apperance at the Port Elizabeth Magistrate's Court last week Monday.

The case was postponed to Wednesday, then Thursday and then to today.

Last week, the State said that it was not ready to proceed with the bail hearing adding that the status of Blunden's passport and the firearm still needed to be ascertained.

State prosecutor, Andre Kirchner, said that an affidavit also still needs to be prepared 

The State reportedly intends to argue that the shooting incident is a Scehdule 5 offence.