Social Development to host disability awards
The Department of Social Development will on Tuesday host the National Disability Awards.
The awards will celebrate the achievements of people with disabilities.
“As part of the National Disability Rights Awareness Month, the Department of Social Development, in partnership with INSETA, will host the National Disability Awards at the Southern Sun Cape Sun in Cape Town on Tuesday, 2 December,” said the Department on Sunday.
The first National Disability Awards were successfully run in 2009.
On the day, persons with disabilities and those that have been working towards the empowerment of persons with disabilities come together to showcase the skills, abilities, contributions and achievements of persons with disabilities.
As South Africa celebrates 20 years of the rights of persons with disabilities in democracy, the following awards will be recognised:
• National Disability Business Leader Award
• National Disability Champion Award
• National Disability Company Award
• National Disability Higher Education Institution Award
• National Disability Woman Achievement Award
• National Disability Young Leader Award
• Entrepreneur Award
• Lifetime Achievement Award
South Africa celebrates National Disability Rights Awareness Month annually between 3 November and 3 December. Additionally 3 December marks the International Day of Persons with Disabilities. – SAnews.gov.za
Photo courtesy of www.en.wikipedia.org
Four people, including a woman, escaped unhurt after...
On Sunday, the whole of South Africa cheered...
DebtSafe advises consumers to save on monthly expenses. The company, specialising in Debt Review, recently released its results of a survey about spending and saving habits of consumers in South Africa.
Male sexual enhancement pills are considered to be one of the most counterfeited drugs in the world and according to the latest statistics, South Africans are among the biggest consumers of black market aphrodisiacs.
The hospitality industry has often suffered criticism for being slow on the technology uptake...
Democratic Alliance (DA) Shadow Minister of Environmental Affairs, Thomas Hadebe, has said that party will launch an investigation with the Green Scorpions into the flowing of raw sewage water into the Swartkops River, which has amounted to “192 mega litres” since a pipe burst 15 weeks ago.
An application by various media houses to have Parliament show uninterrupted proceedings of events taking place in the Chamber, has been rejected by the Western Cape High Court.
Parliament has released a document showing the six questions that will be answered by President Jacob Zuma during his questions and answers session in the National Assembly on Wednesday.
Environmental Affairs Minister Edna Molewa has sent condolences to the family of Working on Fire helicopter pilot, Hendrik Willem Marais, who died in a helicopter crash while providing aerial support against the fire at Olifantsbos in the Cape Point Nature Reserve.
- Case against men who kidnapped woman outside Peddie court and murdered her postponed
- First cop on scene after elderly American couple is hijacked recognised
- Two killed after gunmen open fire at family, police appeal for leads
- Busted! Lusikisiki cop appears in court for demanding R1 500 bribe from driver at accident
- Kouga Local Municipality was 'packed with holidaymakers' over festive season: Mayor