Southern Kings players head overseas for off season
Southern Kings fullback, Jurgen Visser, and flyhalf, Louis Fouche, have both signed contracts in Japan for the Vodacom Super Rugby off season.
Southern Kings Chief Operating Officer, Charl Crous confirmed that Visser has signed a deal with the NTT Docomo Red Hurricanes, based in Osaka, while Fouche had signed a deal with the Kubota Spears, based in Funabashi, Chiba, for the 2016/17 season.
“We can confirm that both Jurgen and Louis have signed contracts in Japan for the Super Rugby off season,” Crous said.
Visser said he was grateful for having had the opportunity to play for the Southern Kings in their return to Vodacom Super Rugby.
"It has been a great opportunity for me to be a part of the Southern Kings structures and to play alongside a fantastic group of players," he said.
Visser said the focus among all the players remained on the Super Rugby competition, with three games still to be played before the end of the season.
The Southern Kings will take on the Pulse Energy Highlanders on Saturday, the 2nd of July at 19:20, in their final home match of the season, before playing the Emirates Lions at Emirates Airine Park in Johannesburg on the 8th of July at 19:00. Their final game of the season will be against the DHL Stormers at DHL Newlands in Cape Town on the 16th of July at 17:05.
Confirmed player movements to date:
- Steven Sykes - Oyonnax (France) 2 year deal
- Shane Gates - NTT Communications Shining Arcs (Japan) 2 year deal
- Jacobie Adriaanse - Vodacom Blue Bulls (South Africa) - till October 2018
- Aidon Davis - Toulon (France) 2016/2017 Season
- Philip du Preez - Mont-de-Marsan
- Schalk Oelofse - Mont-de-Marsan
Players who have signed for Super Rugby off season
- Thembelani Bholi - Toyota FS Cheetahs (South Africa) 2016/17 Season
- Louis Fouche - Kubota Spears (Japan) 2016/17 Season
- James Hall - Oyonnax (France) 2016/17 Season
- Jurgen Visser - NTT Docomo Red Hurricanes, (Japan) 2016/17 Season
More than 30 final year students whose hopes of finishing their academic journey were dashed by a lack of funds shared their excitement at being the recipients of Nelson Mandela ...
With the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality Council's...
African Drumbeat did Interactive Drumming & Zulu...
Nelson Mandela Bay Tourism, in partnership with...
The FNB NMMU-Madibaz will be determined to...
The Emalahleni Local Municipality on Wednesday held a...
Southern Kings pivot, Lionel Cronje, who has been vice-captain...
Chippa United Captain, Thamsanqa Sangweni, has emphasized that Head...
Police in Uitenhage on Thursday commended the lengthy...
- Seven injured after elevator plunges to the ground at Mount Road police station
- Man who raped girl at Dora Nginza Hospital expected to apply for bail
- 21-year-old woman fatally stabs 40-year-old brother alleging he raped her since age 7
- Port Elizabeth border police confiscate three containers from Nigeria
- Prosecutors deciding on case of woman who killed brother she alleges raped her for years