Southern Kings players head overseas for off season
Southern Kings fullback, Jurgen Visser, and flyhalf, Louis Fouche, have both signed contracts in Japan for the Vodacom Super Rugby off season.
Southern Kings Chief Operating Officer, Charl Crous confirmed that Visser has signed a deal with the NTT Docomo Red Hurricanes, based in Osaka, while Fouche had signed a deal with the Kubota Spears, based in Funabashi, Chiba, for the 2016/17 season.
“We can confirm that both Jurgen and Louis have signed contracts in Japan for the Super Rugby off season,” Crous said.
Visser said he was grateful for having had the opportunity to play for the Southern Kings in their return to Vodacom Super Rugby.
"It has been a great opportunity for me to be a part of the Southern Kings structures and to play alongside a fantastic group of players," he said.
Visser said the focus among all the players remained on the Super Rugby competition, with three games still to be played before the end of the season.
The Southern Kings will take on the Pulse Energy Highlanders on Saturday, the 2nd of July at 19:20, in their final home match of the season, before playing the Emirates Lions at Emirates Airine Park in Johannesburg on the 8th of July at 19:00. Their final game of the season will be against the DHL Stormers at DHL Newlands in Cape Town on the 16th of July at 17:05.
Confirmed player movements to date:
- Steven Sykes - Oyonnax (France) 2 year deal
- Shane Gates - NTT Communications Shining Arcs (Japan) 2 year deal
- Jacobie Adriaanse - Vodacom Blue Bulls (South Africa) - till October 2018
- Aidon Davis - Toulon (France) 2016/2017 Season
- Philip du Preez - Mont-de-Marsan
- Schalk Oelofse - Mont-de-Marsan
Players who have signed for Super Rugby off season
- Thembelani Bholi - Toyota FS Cheetahs (South Africa) 2016/17 Season
- Louis Fouche - Kubota Spears (Japan) 2016/17 Season
- James Hall - Oyonnax (France) 2016/17 Season
- Jurgen Visser - NTT Docomo Red Hurricanes, (Japan) 2016/17 Season
A full-seated crowd at the Kenneth McArthur Athletics...
The Garden Route Botanical Garden Environmental...
In response to a Democratic Alliance (DA) parliamentary...
A 51-year-old, senior traffic official from the Nelson Mandela Bay traffic department is expected in court soon after he was arrested on Tuesday afternoon on charges of corruption and bribery following a sting operation by Uitenhage police...
Despite flight delays on Wednesday morning due to a South...
Former Mayor of Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality (BCM)...
The South African National Roads Agency (SANRAL) would...
Brigadier Morgan Govender, Port Alfred Cluster Commander...
SEO or Search Engine Optimisation is the process of using...
- 20-year-old Port Elizabeth man busted with illegal firearm
- VIDEO: Contracts involving over R40 million now part of forensic investigations at City Hall
- Three nabbed just 25 minutes after allegedly robbing Port Elizabeth shop
- Port Elizabeth man out on bail for business robbery busted for housebreaking
- Panayiotou murder trial – Kanna Swanepoel finally appears on the stand