Southern Kings players head overseas for off season
Southern Kings fullback, Jurgen Visser, and flyhalf, Louis Fouche, have both signed contracts in Japan for the Vodacom Super Rugby off season.
Southern Kings Chief Operating Officer, Charl Crous confirmed that Visser has signed a deal with the NTT Docomo Red Hurricanes, based in Osaka, while Fouche had signed a deal with the Kubota Spears, based in Funabashi, Chiba, for the 2016/17 season.
“We can confirm that both Jurgen and Louis have signed contracts in Japan for the Super Rugby off season,” Crous said.
Visser said he was grateful for having had the opportunity to play for the Southern Kings in their return to Vodacom Super Rugby.
"It has been a great opportunity for me to be a part of the Southern Kings structures and to play alongside a fantastic group of players," he said.
Visser said the focus among all the players remained on the Super Rugby competition, with three games still to be played before the end of the season.
The Southern Kings will take on the Pulse Energy Highlanders on Saturday, the 2nd of July at 19:20, in their final home match of the season, before playing the Emirates Lions at Emirates Airine Park in Johannesburg on the 8th of July at 19:00. Their final game of the season will be against the DHL Stormers at DHL Newlands in Cape Town on the 16th of July at 17:05.
Confirmed player movements to date:
- Steven Sykes - Oyonnax (France) 2 year deal
- Shane Gates - NTT Communications Shining Arcs (Japan) 2 year deal
- Jacobie Adriaanse - Vodacom Blue Bulls (South Africa) - till October 2018
- Aidon Davis - Toulon (France) 2016/2017 Season
- Philip du Preez - Mont-de-Marsan
- Schalk Oelofse - Mont-de-Marsan
Players who have signed for Super Rugby off season
- Thembelani Bholi - Toyota FS Cheetahs (South Africa) 2016/17 Season
- Louis Fouche - Kubota Spears (Japan) 2016/17 Season
- James Hall - Oyonnax (France) 2016/17 Season
- Jurgen Visser - NTT Docomo Red Hurricanes, (Japan) 2016/17 Season
With the 2016 Matric Examinations well underway and the Eastern Cape again hoping to improve on last year's results, the Eastern Cape Department of Education (ECDOE) on Friday announced that well-experienced retired teachers had been roped in to mentor some 560 under-performing schools in the...
SA EXPRESS recently announced that it would not withdraw...
Five suspects, aged between 23 and 34 years, are expected...
Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality Councillors had the...
The Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (NMMU) on...
The Airports Company South Africa (ACSA) has reminded...
Coming to the end of the year I am under a lot of pressure...
The official trailer for the third Wolverine movie...
The records from a phone allegedly used by Port Elizabeth...
- Despite disruptions, NMMU says it remains committed to completing academic year
- Suspended SA Express flights to East London and Port Elizabeth resume in November
- What must fall: fees or the South African state?
- Councillors get first bite at draft legislation on problem buildings
- NMMU #FeesMustFall calls for a 'ceasefire' - but only for Friday!