Southern Kings players head overseas for off season
Southern Kings fullback, Jurgen Visser, and flyhalf, Louis Fouche, have both signed contracts in Japan for the Vodacom Super Rugby off season.
Southern Kings Chief Operating Officer, Charl Crous confirmed that Visser has signed a deal with the NTT Docomo Red Hurricanes, based in Osaka, while Fouche had signed a deal with the Kubota Spears, based in Funabashi, Chiba, for the 2016/17 season.
“We can confirm that both Jurgen and Louis have signed contracts in Japan for the Super Rugby off season,” Crous said.
Visser said he was grateful for having had the opportunity to play for the Southern Kings in their return to Vodacom Super Rugby.
"It has been a great opportunity for me to be a part of the Southern Kings structures and to play alongside a fantastic group of players," he said.
Visser said the focus among all the players remained on the Super Rugby competition, with three games still to be played before the end of the season.
The Southern Kings will take on the Pulse Energy Highlanders on Saturday, the 2nd of July at 19:20, in their final home match of the season, before playing the Emirates Lions at Emirates Airine Park in Johannesburg on the 8th of July at 19:00. Their final game of the season will be against the DHL Stormers at DHL Newlands in Cape Town on the 16th of July at 17:05.
Confirmed player movements to date:
- Steven Sykes - Oyonnax (France) 2 year deal
- Shane Gates - NTT Communications Shining Arcs (Japan) 2 year deal
- Jacobie Adriaanse - Vodacom Blue Bulls (South Africa) - till October 2018
- Aidon Davis - Toulon (France) 2016/2017 Season
- Philip du Preez - Mont-de-Marsan
- Schalk Oelofse - Mont-de-Marsan
Players who have signed for Super Rugby off season
- Thembelani Bholi - Toyota FS Cheetahs (South Africa) 2016/17 Season
- Louis Fouche - Kubota Spears (Japan) 2016/17 Season
- James Hall - Oyonnax (France) 2016/17 Season
- Jurgen Visser - NTT Docomo Red Hurricanes, (Japan) 2016/17 Season
With the many challenges small business owners...
Two East London men, aged between 29 - 35 years, are expected in court soon after they were arrested by police in Mdantsane...
The start of January 2017 is already proving to be...
The last few years have seen vast growth in...
The first six months of the 2016/17 financial year have passed...
Since the inception of Isuzu Truck South Africa...
The new and proposed Cybercrime and Cybersecurity Bill...
This term promises to be a busy one for the swimmers...
A 27-year-old Willowvale man is expected in court on Friday...
Whilst the summer season is not yet fully complete, NMBT can...
- Visiting elderly American couple rescued after hijacking in Uitenhage
- Teen among suspects arrested for kidnapping woman outside Peddie court and later killing her
- Man handed lengthy jail sentence for mystery 2016 murder
- Do I really need a Will?
- Toyota Forklift celebrates renovations to building with ‘Perfect Entertainment’