Stage Two Load Shedding From 5pm
Eskom has announced that current Stage One Load Shedding would be changed to stage two from 17h00-22h00 to a due lack of generating capacity.
Meanhwile, the National Energy Regulator (NERSA), which will only announce its final decision on Eskom’s application for a 25.3% tariff increase for the current financial year at the end of June, says it needs your opinion on the matter.
Nersa is encouraging members of the public to actively participate in this process by submitting written comments and attending or making oral representation at the public hearings to be held from 23 to 24 June 2015.
Nersa spokesperson, Charles Hlebela, says more information will be available on its website on Tuesday afternoon.
"According to Eskom's application they have asked for a total increase of 25.3% for the 2015/2016 year. If we include the 2.5% increase in the environmental levy and for the 2016/2-17 according to the application the increase will be 3.24% excluding the levy and for 2017/2018 it will be 7.26%" he said.
Eskom’s application was published on its website on Wednesday, after some confidential sections were removed.
The public will have 30 days to make submissions* until June 15.
Public hearings will be held for two days around June 24 and Nersa hopes to take a final tariff determination on June 29.
Thereafter Eskom will have to translate the average increase into detailed tariffs that Nersa has to approve before it can be implemented.
Municipalities will have to translate it into their own tariff systems and only after these tariffs have been approved by Nersa, will municipal tariff increases be approved.
*Written comments can be forwarded to [email protected] or hand-delivered to Kulawula House, 526 Madiba Street, Arcadia, Pretoria or posted to PO Box 40343, Arcadia, 0083, Pretoria, South Africa.
The closing date for written comments is June 15 2015 at 16H00.
For Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality
Please note that:
UPDATED DOMESTIC GROUPS
- The schedule does not mean that every single household/property in a particular Group will definitely be switched off for the entire duration of the loadshedding time-slot;
- Hospitals and major industrial areas are not affected by loadshedding. In certain instances, there are households which are supplied from the same substation that provides power to a hospital or factory (such as at SANCA in Chatty) - these households are, fortunately and consequently, not affected by loadshedding;
Loadshedding will not be implemented outside the scheduled timeframes.
- Man handed lengthy jail sentence for mystery 2016 murder
- Notification of the interruption of the electricity supply - The following areas will be affected
- 24-year-old woman arrested for possession of illegal firearm and ammunition
- Visiting elderly American couple rescued after hijacking in Uitenhage
- Do I really need a Will?