Stormers focused on Blues match - Ntubeni
DHL Western Province Stormers hooker, Scarra Ntubeni, has said that his team has finished celebrating their victory over the Vodacom Blue Bulls and are focusing on their next Super Rugby match against the Blues at the Newlands Stadium on Saturday.
The Stormers had an impressive 29-17 win over the Bulls at Loftus Versfeld last weekend.
Ntubeni said that the team can't focus too much on past results as the Blues will present a new and different kind of challenge.
"We are really proud of the way the boys performed in Pretoria. We did the job and got the result against a tough Bulls side," Ntubeni said.
"However, we've already moved on from that win as we focus on our next challenge.
"The Blues bring something different to the field. Their unpredictability on attack forces us to be sharp on defence. If we don't contain them, they will punish us.”
"We're excited to play our first Super Rugby game at Newlands this season. I can't wait to get in front of the crowd and get the victory for them."
Stormers coach, Allister Coetzee selected his team for the upcoming match, having named young lock, Jurie van Vuuren, in the second row, which has been his only change to the starting line-up.
15. Cheslin Kolbe, 14. Johnny Kotze, 13. Juan de Jongh, 12. Damian de Allende, 11. Dillyn Leyds, 10. Demetri Catrakilis, 9. Nic Groom, 8. Duane Vermeulen (captain), 7. Michael Rhodes, 6. Rynhardt Elstadt, 5. Ruan Botha, 4. Jurie van Vuuren, 3. Vincent Koch, 2. Scarra Ntubeni, 1. Steven Kitshoff
16. Bongi Mbonambi, 17. Oli Kebble, 18. Wilco Louw, 19. Siya Kolisi, 20. Nizaam Carr, 21. Louis Schreuder, 22. Kurt Coleman, 23. Huw Jones
IMAGE supplied by www.unionsportsmag.co.za
Burnley Football Club has secured the signing of Norwegian midfielder, Fredrik Ulvestad, on a three year contract, following the 22-year-old’s impressive skills during training at Turf Moor.
Orlando Pirates midfielder, Sifiso Myeni, has said that his team should not underestimate Chippa United, when they clash in their Premier Soccer League (PSL) match at the Orlando Stadium this evening.
Toyota Free State Cheetah coach, Naka Drotske, has announced his team who will be taking on the Cell C Sharks for their Super Rugby match in Bloemfontein on Saturday afternoon.
DHL Western Province Stormers coach, Allister Coetzee, is worried about the availability of lock, Eben Etzebeth for this week’s Super Rugby match.
Cell C Sharks Director of Rugby, Gary Gold, has defended centre Frans Steyn’s aggressive tactics used in the Super Rugby match against the DHL Western Province Stormers at Newlands on Saturday.
Platinum Stars coach, Allan Freese, has praised his team for their hard fought 1-0 victory against Moroka Swallows, in their ABSA Premiership Soccer League (PSL) match at the Royal Bafokeng Stadium on Sunday.
Emirates Golden Lions coach, Johan Ackermann, has announced his team that will be facing the Blues for their 2015 Super Rugby match at the North Harbour Stadium in Auckland on Saturday.
Toyota Free State Cheetahs fullback, Willie le Roux, has said that there currently is good energy within his team, who are preparing for their fourth 2015 Super Rugby match against the Vodacom Blue Bulls at the Free State Stadium on Saturday afternoon.
The Emirates Golden Lions Rugby Union has let former Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University Madibaz coach, Brent Janse van Rensburg, out of his current contract in order for him to join the Eastern Province Kings as their defence coach.
- NMMU #FeesMustFall calls for a 'ceasefire' - but only for Friday!
- NMMU lambasted for giving parents and students 'false' assurances of safety
- Money owed to Eastern Cape municipalities climbs to R8.2 billion: DA
- What must fall: fees or the South African state?
- Despite disruptions, NMMU says it remains committed to completing academic year