Stormers ready for Cavaliers
DHL Western Province Stormers hooker, Neil Rautenbach, will be leading his team as captain, when they face Boland Cavaliers in their last Super Rugby pre-season friendly match at the Cape Town Stadium on Saturday afternoon.
Stormers have been struggling with injuries of late, with Eben Etzebeth, Manuel Carizza and Kobus van Wyk all being out of action for the week.
Frans Malherbe, Ruan Botha, Siya Kolisi, Nizaam Carr and Damian de Allende will also not be available for selection this week.
Stormers head coach, Allister Coetzee has given the younger talent, such as, Jarryd Sage, Kyle Lombard and Luke van der Smit, an opportunity to work alongside the other squad members.
EW Viljoen, Robert du Preez, Godlen Masimla, Sikhumbuzo Notshe, David Ribbans, Michael Willemse, Frans van Wyk and Oliver Kebble have all been included in the line-up for the match against the Cavaliers.
Newly-appointed Western Province Currie Cup coach, John Dobson, will be taking charge of the team when the match begins, however, Coetzee will continue to help with match preparations.
The Stormers will be facing the Vodacom Blue Bulls in their first Super Rugby match at Loftus Versfeld in Pretoria on the 14th of February.
Stormers team to face Cavaliers:
15. EW Viljoen, 14. Tshotsho Mbovane, 13. Jarryd Sage, 12. Kyle Lombard, 11. Danwel Demas, 10. Robert du Preez, 9. Godlen Masimla, 8. Sikumbuzo Notshe, 7. Luke van der Smit 6. Michael Willemse, 5. Chris van Zyl, 4. David Ribbans, 3. Frans van Wyk, 2. Neil Rautenbach (captain), 1. Oli Kebble
16. Liam Hendricks, 17. Deacon Chowlse, 18. Burger van Niekerk, 19. Johan Momsen, 20. Luke Stringer, 21. Justin Phillips, 22. SP Ferreira, 23. Ryno Eksteen, 24. Mathew Turner, 25. Shuiab Samaai
Photo caption: Neil Rautenbach will be captain of the Stormers, when they face Boland Cavaliers this weekend.
Burnley Football Club has secured the signing of Norwegian midfielder, Fredrik Ulvestad, on a three year contract, following the 22-year-old’s impressive skills during training at Turf Moor.
Orlando Pirates midfielder, Sifiso Myeni, has said that his team should not underestimate Chippa United, when they clash in their Premier Soccer League (PSL) match at the Orlando Stadium this evening.
Toyota Free State Cheetah coach, Naka Drotske, has announced his team who will be taking on the Cell C Sharks for their Super Rugby match in Bloemfontein on Saturday afternoon.
DHL Western Province Stormers coach, Allister Coetzee, is worried about the availability of lock, Eben Etzebeth for this week’s Super Rugby match.
Cell C Sharks Director of Rugby, Gary Gold, has defended centre Frans Steyn’s aggressive tactics used in the Super Rugby match against the DHL Western Province Stormers at Newlands on Saturday.
Platinum Stars coach, Allan Freese, has praised his team for their hard fought 1-0 victory against Moroka Swallows, in their ABSA Premiership Soccer League (PSL) match at the Royal Bafokeng Stadium on Sunday.
Emirates Golden Lions coach, Johan Ackermann, has announced his team that will be facing the Blues for their 2015 Super Rugby match at the North Harbour Stadium in Auckland on Saturday.
Toyota Free State Cheetahs fullback, Willie le Roux, has said that there currently is good energy within his team, who are preparing for their fourth 2015 Super Rugby match against the Vodacom Blue Bulls at the Free State Stadium on Saturday afternoon.
The Emirates Golden Lions Rugby Union has let former Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University Madibaz coach, Brent Janse van Rensburg, out of his current contract in order for him to join the Eastern Province Kings as their defence coach.
- NMMU #FeesMustFall calls for a 'ceasefire' - but only for Friday!
- NMMU lambasted for giving parents and students 'false' assurances of safety
- Money owed to Eastern Cape municipalities climbs to R8.2 billion: DA
- What must fall: fees or the South African state?
- Despite disruptions, NMMU says it remains committed to completing academic year